What Is The Update With Train Simulator This A.m.?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Nov 25, 2019.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I had a fair size update with my program of Train Simulator 2020 few minutes ago in my time zone at 9:20 a.m. EST. I am not complaining about the update but noticed that the files in payware routes are disappeared and it's a good thing that I had .ap file to replace the missing files in each route. I would like to know how to prevent the files from disappear when get another update through Steam via DoveTail Games. Hope someone know what is the today's update?

John

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

you can't stop them updating anything they want, they're the publishers after all, but you can unpack the ap files using 7zip
    Just remember that the ap file would be updated by steam whereas the unzipped files will not be updated automatically
    It does use more hard disk space though

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

That would have not made any difference.
    The .ap file is the Steam way of verifying you have all the content you have paid for.
    If you were to Delete any of the .ap files Steam would simply replace them

Peter

4. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I just want to know what is the fair size update through Steam for the program of Train Simulator 2020.

John

5. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi John,

There were no updates yesterday - if there were, we'd have notified everyone. So, this comes as somewhat of a surprise.

We would never issue an update that will remove content from your library. The only reason this can happen is if something has changed in your configuration i.e. you've set Steam to only install specific items of DLC, changed the game's install location, made a significant hardware change, changed some settings in Steam, or you or some application on your computer has removed a file that Steam relies upon to verify which content you have installed.

If you have third-party content installed (content you've bought/downloaded from somewhere other than Steam), performing a file verify can sometimes delete this content but you have to ask Steam to start a verify.

Did anyone else receive an update yesterday, and if so, did it also remove content from your library?

Best, Steve

6. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

They seem to have added an SWT reskin to the NSE Class 159 recently, other than that haven't noticed any other major updates

7. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Steve -- Thanks for your reply and more likely with Steam update. I am not going to worry about Steam update because they do have several updates with theirs. About the missing files and it's a good thing to have .ap files also I created the folder, " MainContent "which I unzip .ap file to that folder by 7-Zip. If any files are missing in that folder and I copy/paste all the folders inside " MainContent " to replace the missing folders in Routes folder also the same with Assets folder. That will save me time to do if needed.

Thank you,

John

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I never saw any update to TS yesterday but the way you're describing things it appears something you bought from 3rd party sent a update for what you bought from them. Someone else had similar situation a little while ago and it turned out be a update to some workshop content he downloaded.

9. trev123

trev123 Active Member

I got an update for my Steamworks Shared folder on the 23rd.