What Trains Run On Which Routes.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by class325guy, Mar 17, 2024.

1. class325guy

class325guy New Member

Hello, I'm not from the UK, however I really love the trains and routes in the UK so that it is what I mainly like to drive in the sim. I know there are a couple of places that have maps showing the real world locations of all the routes from the sim. However, I am wondering if there is a place that would show what route each train operates on in real life. I know some of them, like the 390 and 325 run on the WCML and I think the 800 runs on the ECML, as well as the Great Western Mainlines, but there are lots of them where I don't know what route or routes they operate on.

So does anyone know of a site that would have this information? I know you can look at Wikipedia, but sometimes there's a lot of information to sift through to find what you're looking.

Thanks

2. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

That lot of information is what you're looking for though.

Asking ChatGPT may give you a compact answer, as it can read through all the data available in a matter of seconds.

3. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. class325guy

class325guy New Member

Thanks, I understand it's what I'm looking for, I was just hoping there was a place where the information was more concise, so I didn't have to search each train specifically. For example, when I search the Class 66 on Wikipedia, all I see are which current operators use the train and not specifically which routes they run on. I will definitely try ChatGPT a try, though.

Thanks

5. class325guy

class325guy New Member

Thanks, however, I don't see where it shows the type of train it is. I clicked on the detailed tab and I get more info but don't see the train type.

Thanks

6. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Not used it myself, I was under the impression it listed the actual traction planned rather than just a generic "Pathed as Electric multiple unit", seems not.

I'm almost positive there is a site that lists past movements as I'm assuming that's what a lot of scenario creators go off of to know what ai traffic to path within their scenarios, but I'm not a scenario creator so have no idea what's used, not what I linked apparently..

7. Andy L

Andy L Member

Not all operators give the full train info but most do. This example just selected at random a minute or so back:
    RTT.jpg
    You do need to use the detailed search to get the full information if available.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Ahh so now that's what I thought it showed, including the graphic representation, looks like I was kinda right after all then, thanks for clarifying.

9. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

Some traction types are ubiquitous and can be found all over the network, with routes changing as goods patterns change. Classes also get displaced as newer traction comes along and they get moved elsewhere. And then there are odd one-off movements.

10. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

What I'd recommend doing is searching for YouTube videos of trainspotting at different stations along the routes you'd like to play. For example, if you wanted to drive the Chatham Main Line but didn't know what runs there, you could search 'trains at Gillingham' and see a mix of Class 375s, some 377s, 465s, 700s and 395s on passenger services, with 37s, 73s, 66s, 57s and 69s used on test trains or RHTT services.

11. kilt46

kilt46 Active Member

I cannot tell you the real life locations of trains however, I do have a listing of a lot of the TSC content classified by Train types. I have a large catalog for the UK, USA and European (Steam/Justtrain/ATS/AP Routes). You can find them here. Click on the train type and it should show you which routes these can be found on: https://sites.google.com/view/trainsimulatorcontent/home
    Respectfully