When The Actual State Of The Game Is Recorded?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by breblimator, May 28, 2019.

1. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I have recently noticed I experience minor/major game problems when I move from one service to another (without exiting to the menu). Loading the "last checkpoint" or loading the "last played" solves bugs, but leads to the disappearing of tasks, mostly. There is something wrong with sub-tasks chronology - the same services work fine when started from the menu.

EDIT:

All services ended on the way to the problem occur, the game treats as incomplete.

It looks the game counts the progress only when going to the menu or quitting to desktop. Only then "save" becomes legitimate. Any disruption of this continuity, eg due to a technical problem (game crash?), results in a disjointed scenario. The steam achievements enforce a certain logic - I understand, but could the actual record of the game state be already made at the time of its execution? Such are my thoughts. It spoils the fun a little bit :)

Another unfortunate observation: after completing the service, saving the game status and exiting to the menu, the goals of the next service disappear forever if we load the game record. It seems impossible to treat the game as a continuity of actions, but only to run services from the menu level one after the other.

From another topic:

I see :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2019