PC When Will The Preservation Crew Updates Come To Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dinosbacsi, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

As the title says. We have been waiting for them for what, like a year now if not more? They used to say they are ready and it's all just QA testing and release schedule issues, but they are right around the corner. Then instead they launched TSW3 and released the updates for TSW3 only, promising they will release them later for TSW2 as well. It has been several months, and we haven't heard anything since then.

Was this all just a trick to get people into buying TSW3?

• Like Like x 5
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Eventually. Will have to keep on waiting

3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's coming. Just like a rerelease of the TGV Reseau and the Cement Circle fix for TSW2020.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Relax! It's only been a year and a bit since rush hour passengers were due to be added to BML. And it can't be much more than that since SFJ and OSD were due for updates.

I remind you that they're all still on the roadmap as of 11/3/22 so have some patience why don't you. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Meh give DTG two years minimum. TSW 4 will probably be out by then

• Like Like x 3
  6. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

This whole release was just bizarre.

Especially if you’re on PS5. The best version of the DLCs is on TSW3, but you can’t install them all because add on manager is only on TSW2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Realistically speaking, there are higher priorities in tsw. It could be that things are complete but waiting for a qa slot or something like that like what happened with previous preserved content. Remember things take a while to make, get tested through qa and other testers, fix it and then go through another cycle. It's a big task for Adam and his team to do all the updates lol

8. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

…maybe low priority fixes are now high priority to the people who bought them.

• Like Like x 2
  9. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Its not all. They released it for the PS4 (which hasn't a DLC Limit) and players experience a big step down in terms of layers. Still dont get why this was necessary.

10. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

Seems to me that the higher priorities are getting more money from new and gullible players over fixing stuff for erstwhile loyal players who spent thousands on TSW2 and all its DLC's. They do not appear to be doing updates to anything other than the "Big New Thing", all updates are for TSW3 and any new DLC that is associated with it. We gave them loyalty by buying their product and they show none to us whatsoever. DTG has a motto and it seems to be "Show me the money!"

• Like Like x 4
  11. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Have you not figured it out yet? It’s never going to happen!

• Like Like x 4
  12. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I get fed up waiting for updates to the various broken scenarios whether in TSW2 or TSW3. Let's face it, they can't even sort out Spirit of Steam which was supposed to be this years keynote title.

I was pondering last night and while I immensely enjoy what TSW has to offer, I really think I've thrown enough money at DTG this year in return for less than sterling product and legacy content support. Certainly reluctant to start paying the new £30 price tag for the same experience. Time to save the pennies towards Simrail or Zusi 3 I think.

• Like Like x 9
  13. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Same feelings here. I wish I would´ve visited these forums BEFORE I spent a small fortune in TSW2 and DLCs.
    BUT: Every day´s a school day and I won´t commit this mistake again. Beta-testing a rushed out SW package and even paying for it?! Naaahhhh ... don´t think so.
    It becomes even more paradox when you consider that, at this point, I do fear the DTG "patches" because they break up more things than they fix. What a bloody mess!

• Like Like x 8
  14. mariussoare_84

mariussoare_84 Well-Known Member

Wasn´t the ¨Preservation crew¨ renamed and re-assigned to do other types of work?
    Wasn´t TSW 2 replaced in order to take the focus away from the bad press surrounding the permanent issues on consoles (DLCs) and the usual incomplete releases which led to a lot of bad reviews?

I would be happy with TSW 3 being kept in check and forget about any meaningful support for anything before it, other than maintaining the old game running and available for a while.

15. Dinosbacsi

That is what we were hoping for when TSW2 released as well. Yet nothing changed. I assume it's not going to be different this time either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dinosbacsi

I assume that is the case as well, but I suppose some complaining never hurts, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  17. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

I think they are immune to people complaining. Matt said in these forums back in October there was a fix coming. Well so is Christmas 2023 and my money is on that getting here before we see a fix. The funny thing is, they really expect us to buy the new thing complete with inbuilt bugs. Have you seen the number of patches and updates there has been since TSW3? Why would we bother?

• Like Like x 2