Which Uk Route Do You Want?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by formulabee#1362, Jan 17, 2021.

?

Which UK route do you want?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. East Suffolk Lines (Ipswich to Felixstowe and Lowestoft

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. London Victoria to Lewes (ECW) extension

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Settle to Carlisle

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Cathcart Circular Lines

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. Scottish and Borders Railway

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Cambrian line

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Borderlands line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wirral line

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Poll now closed: London to Lewes and Brighton (ECW) add on win

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  2. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

London to Lewes is a must have! Although I would also like to have it to Brighton because it would complete the triangle

• Like Like x 3
  3. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I will not vote for "UK" because DTG is a British studio. If they can't even do all these things in their hometown, can they talk about other countries?

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

It was very hard to chose between the S&C and the Cambrian as they're both very scenic lines. I believe if the S&C is ever made it should extend down to Skipton, to provide a more natural end point with train stabling facilities. I think the Cambrian is too long to do as a single route at well over 100 miles so I think the section from Machynlleth to Pwllheli would be best for scenery and coastal views.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

None of the ones in the poll. The UK routes all start to look the same very quickly. The only Train Simulator UK routes that really stood out where the West Highland Line and the Riviera Line. I'd love to see new countries, but if DTG really insists on making more UK routes, please let it be the West Highland Line and the Riviera Line.

6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

That’s what I meant- London to Lewes so that it could join up to Lewes, as an add on for east coastway

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Totally agree.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deejster

deejster New Member

May I ask whether I could sugest another or is this a set poll? If it is then i'll just vote one of the existing ones.

9. testtogo300

testtogo300 New Member

im not british, but something welsh would be cool, i guess.

10. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. London Victoria to Brighton and Lewes, it will complete the triangle

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Brighton and Lewes to London Victoria. EXTENTION for East Coastway if possible. Then DLC: Classes: 455, 377/6 &/7 & 387, 700. Lots of money for DTG to make. Please DTG?

12. Mr heff

Mr heff Well-Known Member

MCML north, class 390.

13. lewis tobin

lewis tobin Member

Edinburgh to Dundee
    It's scenic and you go over the iconic forth and tay bridges

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. jimnicebutdimm

jimnicebutdimm Member

My vote would be for the Cambrian Coast Line (Machynlleth to Pwllheli) rather than Cambrian Line (Aberystwyth to Shrewsbury)

As I said in a post last week:
    "I've mentioned it before when asked in surveys etc what line I would like to see in TSW but, taking on board things said in streams recently, I thought I would improve my argument for why I think the Cambrian Coast Line (Machynlleth to Pwllheli) should be part of TSW2.

Trains:
    Class 158 (Transport for Wales) - currently running on the line from Pwllheli through Machynlleth and Shrewsbury to Birmingham International and a load of stations in between.

Class 97 (Network Rail) - used for track testing and hauling ballast and sleepers to various points along the line.

Various diesel trains - Charter trains

Black 5 (steam) - used to haul charter trains along the line before change in signalling system

If you want to set a year or 2 in the future, there's also the Class 197 which are going to replace the Class 158. You could set it during the change over so, you have both types of trains running

Signals:
    The whole line runs on ERTMS signalling with it in cab rather than trackside so, would add a new type of signalling for people to learn.

Randomness:
    Whilst there are definite stop stations along the line, there are also quite a few request stops. So, by putting some sort of random generator into the programming, you could have different journeys each time. This would add buzzing between the guard and the driver (which happens on trains now) as guard lets driver know if they need to stop at next station.

Level crossings:
    Certainly at Porthmadog and possibly at Barmouth, before leaving the station by crossing the level crossing as the train leaves the station, the driver has to push a button on the platform. Which would be something different.

Admittedly, I'm a little biased seeing as it's my local line but, I think it would be something different to the lines that have been done so far for TSW2.

UPDATE: If you wanted to do some static steam engines, you can see narrow gauge trains at Tywyn (Talyllyn railway) and Porthmadog (Welsh Highland Heritage Railway) as well as where the Welsh Highland Railway crosses the Cambrian Coast Line just outside Porthmadog.

Not forgetting all the scenery, as well as sights such as Barmouth Bridge, Castles (Harlech and Criccieth). not forgetting Snowdon (depends how far you do the draw distance)."

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1