Who Is The Unnamed New Third Party Bringing A New Region To The Game?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by redrev1917, Oct 9, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Good point and we can see them do Guangzhou Shenzhen HSR or the KCR Chinese Section.
    Line uses 1980s built AWS DSD with 2001 installed SNCB NMBS TBL Memor II then 2010s CBTC overlaid on both
    this assumes that Union Workshop got MTR Group license who also runs Guangzhou and Shenzhen Metro. While the same corporation runs the Elizabeth Line with transport for London.

• Like Like x 2
  2. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I’d be up for a Japanese route. Would like another continent to be represented in the game.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I think many people would be up for it. There is a big crown of japanese train fans out there still playing Trainz or TSC for japanese content, but many japanese train fans are also missing out because Trainz and TSC are too old and low quality for their liking. At least in out local japanese train fan group I am the only one buying the recent japanese routes for TSC, as others are discouraged by the old graphics of the game. If TSW released a japanese route with better graphics, I bet many more fans would be interested.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

It could also be a double edge sword too, if they don't execute it well, (In general or with glaring bugs) would people still want to see them as a 3rd party dev for TSW?

5. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So true i am still waiting for it as well. I am down with this, especially still waiting for Japanese Bullet Train :D

6. Dinosbacsi

Well yeah, that's why DTG does need to make sure they help these small devs, if they ever get to producing TSW content. We saw what happened to Rivet - they make a bunch of unique and interesting add-ons for the game, but there are always huge problems with them. Either incredibly ugly visuals, bad sounds, bad physics or other bugs.

Or similarly to what happened to France. We got one french route, but it was quite boring so it didn't sell well, now we are not getting any more French routes...

7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I think RSSL or Union Workshop are interesting candidates. I hope for Chris Longhurst. He has an excellent network and may form a team with some Dutch guys to create a route. It definitely is doable from a technical point of view. The big issue would be to make these people work together. I think Chris can do this, because he has an excellent relationship with the Dutch Trainsim community.

• Like Like x 1
  8. frabjousvector

frabjousvector Well-Known Member

I hope it’s from a continent other than Europe.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinosbacsi

So today's roadmap seems to confirm that it is indeed Union Workshop joining TSW's partner program! Damn, what a surprise. I was hoping for it, but never expected it to actually happen.

Now the question is if it will be a Chinese or Japanese route? They have more of the latter for TSC, and I would assume the Japanese stuff is more popular as well, but the article mentions their Chinese routes, so it does make me wonder.

Anyway, whichever it is, it's great news. I am hoping for Japanese content, but if they start with Chinese, that's okay by me as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. captaingunadeep

captaingunadeep Active Member

It's chinese route
    upload_2022-11-3_21-38-45.png

11. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty much rules out Japan, for now...

I gues China could be nice too, I just hope it isn't another dedicated high speed one-trick pony. I fear it is though. Quite a bit of the TSC Chinese content is dedicated high speed lines.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinosbacsi

I know the article specifies their Chinese expertise, but we know for a fact that they are working on a japanese commuter EMU, as they have been posting quite a lot about it through the year. Of course it's possible that their current project is still for TSC and they will switch over to TSW after that.

I have the same concerns as well. But even if it is just a dedicated high speed line, it's still a bit more interesting to have a chinese high-speed line than another german one. I just hope it will be good.

And in any way, I assume (or hope) that this means japanese content will be inavitable in the future, even if not as their first route.

13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah, TBH I find it rather surprising they praise Union Workshop for their Chinese content, while personally I think their Japanese content is way more noteworthy.

Just like the French high speed line was better than the Germans? Hmm...
    Judging by the few Chinese high speed routes I've seen in TSC, there's not much to be looking forward to. Although I know there's a regular Chinese route too, with freight as well if I'm not mistaken. That could be interesting.

I hope so. And even in the case of Japan, I do hope it won't be yet another high speed one-trick pony. However, judging by the amount of suggestions, a Shinkansen route wouldn't be unlikely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dinosbacsi

Honestly the scenery of the TSC Chinese high-speed routes don't look bad. Rolling hills and all that. Also the Chinese freight route was not made by Union Workshop, but another group, I believe.

Well they could do something like their most recent TSC route, being the Tohoku Main Line with the Shinkansen line with the regular main line running besides it. That way the same route can be enjoyed through high-speed and regular commuter as well.

15. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Thing to remember here, this was mentioned on a stream I think, the in game camera only goes to approx 125mph and it would take ages to make a route long enough for train that fast

16. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

the UK does not make the cut ?? WOW you been sniffing too much coal dust bro.

• Like Like x 1
  17. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

It's JR East E233. But that's for TSC sadly.

18. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware most of their output is Japanese, they've made four commuter routes and a Shinkansen. They've only done two Chinese routes to my knowledge, there's other routes, but they're by other devs like Just Trains and SimTech I believe.

Granted if they're making a Chinese route first then I complete get why DTG are highlighting it. Still I'm surprised they're doing China first, the commuters lines seem pretty inline with TSW in terms of route length and included rolling stock.

19. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Ok show me the video games besides those of DTG that feature UK trains.

On topic: Japanese route FTW! :cool:

20. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

21. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Wasn't that impressed with the Chinese routes in TSC, seemed a bit toy like. However UW's work on their Japanese stuff is mint, though going against the grain here I would like their first effort to be a rural route in the mountains, not a Shinkansen high speed. The old Iida line from BVE by Mr Goku I think was always one of my favourites.

• Like Like x 2
  22. antwerpcentral

23. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

One of the Forza games has a event where you race Flying Scotsman, don't know which one, but certainly after 2010 at the very least.

• Like Like x 1
  24. antwerpcentral

Damnit! :D Ok UK is also Iconic. I admit defeat

25. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Guessing Forza 4 as its an UK map in it

26. antwerpcentral

I think it's 4 as I also remember an event like that

27. LodeStar

LodeStar Active Member

It is always good news to see a new company joining TSW! I look forward to either seeing a Chinese ór Japanese route for that matter! I am excited! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  28. driverwoods#1787

If that were to happen then he can help DTG on Duisburg Oberhausen Utrecht Route by doing the Emmerich am Rhein Zevenaar Arnhem Utrecht which is ATB EG NG ETCS 25kv ac & 1.5kv DC. DTG can do the Duisburg Oberhausen Emmerich section of the HDU merged with HRR HDBU which is PZB.
    Hollandstrecke Duisburg Utrecht merged with Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Hollandstrecke Duisburg/Bochum-Utrecht

29. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Great to see the roadmap article was updated with "East Asia" when introducing Union Workshop. I was worried for a moment they'd be doing only Chinese high speed routes in TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Dinosbacsi

Good catch.

Really hoping for Japan, though with the original wording of the article, I assume China will be their first try. I just hope it's something unique and not just an ICE3 reskinned into a CRH3. That model behind them in the Roadmap live stream was kinda suspicious, even if they said it's not a hint. I mean it would make sense for their first try to make something that can be easily modified from an already exsisting model, so they would only need to focus on route building. But I hope it will be something else.

• Like Like x 1
  31. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

A user posted that UW were referring to general asian content rather than China that was mentioned in the roadmap. It was in their like their wechat or something like that

32. driverwoods#1787

Good news and they can do Guangzhou to Hong Kong HSR if they were able to negotiate a license with MTR who also runs the Elizabeth Line.

33. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

But in that case, I found it odd that someone, somewhere in the communication line, in the whole process of getting the text to the roadmap, thought that UW was famous for their Chinese TSC routes...

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Union Workshop

Their two Chinese routes get mixed reviews at best, while all their Japanese routes are getting mostly positive reviews. If "Asian Content" was what UW told DTG, then why did someone translate that to "Chinese"? Accidentally translating it to "Japanese" would make a whole lot more sense. UW sure isn't well-known for their Chinese routes for TSC...

upload_2022-11-10_10-54-28.png

• Like Like x 1
  34. Dinosbacsi

Well, knowing how non-exsistent the communication is inside DTG, I wouldn't be suprised if someone told the articel writer "these guys make asian routes" and the article writer, not knowing anything about Union Workshop, just simply said "ah, chinese trains it is then".

• Like Like x 1
  35. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Yea but maybe uw will make it better this time. Just cuz it's mixed doesn't mean it's the absolute worst or a bad route. Let's just wait until uw release a route, whether it's Chinese or Japanese or whatever and see how it is before saying all their Chinese content isn't good

36. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

But Purno wasn't dissing the quality, in fact I don't see anything in their post where they state their opinion. All they're saying is that their Japanese content is more highly regarded and numerous. That would be like me bring up the fact Wizard of Oz has a 8.1 on IMDB, and then assuming it's my favorite film. There's a distinct difference between bringing up the general reception of something, and stating your own thoughts on it.

• Like Like x 2