Who Think That Dtg Should Start Creating Longer Realistic Route, This Year?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Jan 30, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

They should consider International routes and a starting point can be Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr Duisburg Hbf because if you look at the map there is a triangular junction between Duisburg Hbf and Mülheim Styrum. The reason is that both Mülheim an Der Ruhr Styrum and Duisburg Hbf are the starting point for Hollandstrecke Duisburg-Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht 134 km 83 mi railway line. That one can give Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr rush hour feeling with the S3 following a DB BR189 Bochum to Zevenaar for Rotterdam. Also DB BR189 German routes a 5000 metric ton (5.5k US tons) freight train comprised of Falnqqs Coal Wagons Falls Falrrs Iron Ore wagons C-Akv couplers. Remember this is also the correct coal trains for Ruhr-Sieg Nord Werdohl

2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I doubt DTG will do any international routes. Personally I think it would be interesting but DTG haven't got the will to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carter

carter Active Member

I think we could have dlc to routes to add more but it should be a hole route length added on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

Correct that means TS22 classic Three Country route Lindau-Bludenz and St Margethen or the Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht line. for me the Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Utrecht Railway because if linked to HRR at Oberhausen and Duisburg Hbf you are going to see how busy they are in real life not dead seen in game unless if you have Main Spessart Bahn or a working Riesa-Dresden layers.

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Personally I think the two biggest issues with route mergers within DTG is

timetable connections and choosing their routes
    How to make it commercially viable.

A possible solution would be to have one monster annual route release, which others can bolt too as additional dlc.

This has been a very quiet DTG thread, be interesting to know if anything had been picked up on, resonated or thoughts from the team.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agreed, I made the Gran Turismo licensing suggestion for tutorials and I believe Sam had mentioned off his own back internally too.
    At the moment it’s the same old broken train scenario.

if there’s storm damage on a line it’d be good to see it happen on a piece of track you’re already going slow on etc

• Like Like x 2
  7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I felt like World Of Subways 4 had a career mode of sorts. You had your scenarios which were extremely cool. You would start at the depot and you go to the station manager guy and pick your shift. If you were driving like a complete hooligan and running red lights, he would scold you for it. That increased immersion for me personally.

A shame that we don't have that in tsw2. A points system is useless especially since it's so easy to get a gold medal

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I don't think an international German-Austrian route is out of the question. Austria uses essentially the same signals and safety systems as Germany, so DTG wouldn't have to do new ones from the ground up; and since the OBB has partnered with DTG before I can't see licensing being an issue. And the workhorse locomotive of the OBB is the Eurosprinter Taurus, which would amount to little more than a reskin of the existing BR 182. One possibility is the main line München-Rosenheim-Kufstein-Innsbruck; another is the scenic Alpine Garmisch- Mittenwald-Innsbruck run.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

DTG or third party? I agree the route is feasible but I doubt if DTG would be up for it with what they have said and done so far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. driverwoods#1787

The easy ones to reskin are 1116 and 1016 due to them being identical to DB BR182 but the 1216 needs to be a scratch built design due to it having 4 pantographs like the MRCE BR185.5. The other locomotive needs to be introduced is Vectron ÖBB 1293 001-085 Italy equipped Belgium Netherlands 173-200. Introduce them on German routes that will change the timetable Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen 07:30 Köln Hbf 08:15 Aachen Hbf Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg Railjet 63/66 20:43 München Augsburg 21:13 return is 08:43 Augsburg 09:13 München Hbf. Nightjet EN40490 Hans Albers Innsbruck Hamburg Altona with EN424 421 Innsbruck-Brussels/Amsterdam 22:50 München Hbf 23:23 Augsburg the return trip for that one is 06:28 Augsburg Hbf 07:28 München Hbf. The most recent Nightjet ÖBB on Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg is EN468/469 This one doesn't stop at München Hbf but goes to München Ost from Augsburg Hbf. The way to play that train is ÖBB 1116/1016 1216 player control to München Pasing AI off map to München Ost. Because the existing 185.5 runs the Nightjet Wien Hbf Paris est on Karlsruhe Appenweier-Strasbourg Paris Est section.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

As an aside, this afternoon I finally added the Bakersfield Sub (Bakersfield to Fresno) to my Run 8 collection. That means if I so desire, I can drove a continuous 516 miles from Fresno to Seligman. Then on top of that you have the routes from Mojave and Barstow respectively down into LA.

DTG should start thinking along this sort of modular approach. In terms of scenarios or timetables - give us the editor and we will create our own.

• Like Like x 2