Why Cant Dtg Just Admit Tsw Is For Casual Players And Stop Selling The Game As Something It Isn't.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by owenroser19, Dec 13, 2021.

1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

TSW is simcade at best, its not a 'highly detailed and authentic rail simulator' at all.

They do more damage than good by selling it like this. They promise simulation and deliver a sub par example of what it's meant to be.

I just wish they would stop and be honest with their players.

• Like Like x 4
  2. apophis55

apophis55 Active Member

Karen...

• Like Like x 10
  3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Why do you think it is for casual players? I think it is not. It requires some time to learn how to play it and you definitely need to find out a lot about how to drive trains. It is possible you would like to see far more functionality, but that comes at a price and it seems we are not willing to pay significantly more money for this game ( yes it is a game )

Also, what's against a game?

• Like Like x 6
  4. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Please tell me a game (not a sim game, just a normal game) that goes to great lengths to recreate a large real-life area 1:1, and also has a very complex physics system to simulate what's actually happening on the train, not just the consequences of things happening.

• Like Like x 5
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

As the manuals get thicker the market gets smaller.

There is probably a market for a hardcore sim. But is it big enough to sustain the engine and routes at the current price point. The Every button simulated Flight Sim add ons are over £100 now and planes can be used anywhere - without the need for specific routes for them to realistically run on.

As with everything its a compromise between realism and accessibility

• Like Like x 4
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There are a few oops but generally I think TSW does a good compromise between hard core realism and playability. There are times when I just want to jump in and drive not spend long periods setting up complex systems or waiting 15 mins for the brakes to charge.

• Like Like x 6