Why Do Xbox Players Get No Love?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AmtrakAcela75, Jun 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Thankfully, the ongoing supply chain shortages have convinced even Sony, who initially pushed hard on dedicated ninth gen console experiences, of the importance of continuing to provide for the significant last-gen console userbase. As long as a game can scale to lower end hardware in a reasonably playable state (looking at you CDPR, you know what you did) then there's no reason not to put it out on that hardware. It's more money for those putting it out there, and more people able to play it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Exactly. And I have noticed a lot of Next-gen users, in fact most of them are more understanding. It's just quite a lot just look down at Last-gen users.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Princess Entrapta

Honestly, as a next-gen user, this summer I've spent a roughly equal time on my XBox One simply because the room it's hooked up in is the coolest one in my home. I WANT as many games as possible to continue to be playable on the last gen because I can't wait for this pandemic to be over and for me to be able to host LAN parties again, where we can all play some Halo across my multiple networked consoles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Actually I've seen that very viewpoint expressed on these forums.

5. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm a next gen user (PS5) but I certainly don't look down on or belittle those who run on previous gen systems like PS4 or XB1.
    I'm also a PC user for some games and again, I don't think anything less of those who play games through consoles, whether current gen or previous gen systems.
    In fact, because of the global shortage of units available (and certain unscrupulous people buying many and hiking the prices), most of my console friends are still on previous gen systems and we still play together on games like GTA.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Princess Entrapta

I can never look down on older consoles. I still use many of mine.
    Sure, my Series X is gonna be able to play Halo Infinite with fancy raytracing the XBox One version won't get.

But you know what's really awesome?
    Hooking up an XBox, an XBox 360, an XBox One, and a Series X on your network, sticking an original Halo disc in each of them, and having a 16-player multiplayer session over your LAN.

7. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Will there be further discounts after the Cathcart and Legends sale ends?

8. Princess Entrapta

Given they said the sale would last the rest of the month, I expect three weeks is all we get. Happy to be proven wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

The number of times last gen console users have been told to just get a next gen console is ridiculous on these forums.

Note if anyone would like to buy me one that would be great, could i also have a house and a car whilst your at it?

• Like Like x 1
  10. bones.n.hombre

bones.n.hombre Active Member

Will you take the wife ?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I only take stuff i can sell on ebay

12. AmtrakAcela75

AmtrakAcela75 Member

Update: cane creak is on sale for 19.49$ cathartic circle line is still on sale for 17.99, legends of the great western is also still onsale for 13.79, southeastern high speed is on sale for 17.99 and finally br class 465 emu is onsale for 11.99. interesting enough train sim world 2020 is saying it's leaving gamepass, not sure if it means train sim world 2 will be added instead, but maybe we'll get more sales since they won't be on gamepass anymore

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It’s been a fantastic sale and a welcomed surprise. Thank you DTG.

How about IOW and some original TSW locomotives please?

• Like Like x 2