PC Why Does My Set Up Look So Grainy?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by msey0002, Jan 5, 2020.

1. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

I've got a pretty good PC (Intel Xeon, Nvidia 1080, 12GB RAM - shadow PC if that matters), and it looks so grainy with high settings.

Other games look fine, such as X-plane etc. At first I thought it was the motion blur, but it isn't. It seems to me that the AA doesn't work, whatever setting I use.

2. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Could you maybe post a screenshot and describe closer what you mean by grainy?
    I have 2 suspects in mind:

1 - scaling of the game. It is possible that you only run your game on 50% render scale or something like this. Even though you probably would have to manually set that value to something else than 100%, it is worth checking it out, and maybe increase this value if the hardware can handle it
    2 - compression of the stream. I have no idea how good shadow compression is. But, there is some compression, which esp. with things like overhead wire can reach its limits.
    Some screenshots could possibly help determine if it is one of the 2 described cases and what can be done to improve the situation

• Like Like x 1
  3. msey0002

msey0002 New Member

Thanks for your help. My scaling was 100%, and i've pushed it to 150, and it seems a bit better, but not how good it should be in my eyes. I'm quite certain it's not the compression of shadow, as it's running well at 1080p, and I can even do 4k if I wanted to, but I don't really need that.