Why Hamburg - Lübeck?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snek, Nov 14, 2020.

1. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Completely agree with the points above...
    The sheer amount of DB passenger routes in TSW have diluted the pool of german routes. Making it seem like every german route is more or less the same. Devaluing the DLC's, from a non-german railfan point of view.

I do really enjoy the current german routes we have available to us and I'm not complaining about Germany receiving enough routes, just wish they were more varied and unique in terms of time setting and route type. That's all.

I believe many railfans who have somewhat of an interest in german railways and especially german railfans are wishing for a historical/heritage and a new dedicated freight german route for TSW 2.

The UK and U.S have received quite a few non-present day routes, we just feel like Germany is missing out in that regard.

The demand is there as the 155 and 363 have sold very well and RSN is one of the favorites, maybe accessing reference material for DTG is tough. But have TSG developing content for TSW 2, also in conjunction with dovetail, so never say never.

It's looking good though, with TSG already developing a 420 and 232. Plus hinting at "a" DMU (possibly and hopefully the 628 for Hamburg Lübeck, but it could be the 648 as well) and a 218 in the future!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The reason apparentely why we have no historic german routes is because most german players don't like historic german content according to a ts stream. They prefer modern day content hence why all the german routes so far have been modern. I personally perfer modern german content instead of historic german content as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

Hopefully we will get more american passenger routes in the future because having two is simply not enough. Hell the lirr is pratically unplayable because of the sound cutting out on the m7 and m3. I tried to play lirr yesterday and the entire m7 train had no sound at all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I love the German routes. Especially HMA. But I really do feel like us over here in America, and our British friends have really missed out on the possible routes DTG can make. It just seems like it's always a German route. I wouldn't have much of a problem with this (and I really don't have too much of a problem with it) if they would really deliver (quality-wise) with the U.S./U.K. routes like they do with the German ones.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Whenever Forum comes up with a suggestion for a historical German route, usually the period of the 60s, 70s, 80s is suggested, contrary to what you write, it also finds some support. Therefore, the statement that most German players do not like historical German content according to a ts stream is not applicable.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

well the players who are on the fourms only account for a small number of the whole playerbase. The stream I was referring to is a dtg stream so I guess what dtg say is not applicable?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ZeenozPlays

This is true. DTG Community members have said this. The forum members are only a small portion of the overall fanbase. Not everyone is on the forums. They might only know what happens with TSW from Twitter, Reddit, or YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

This doesn't mean of course dtg won't make an historic german route or any historic routes in general. There may be a historic german route in development right now. The majority of players according to them prefer modern content instead of historic content and that includes german content as well in general in this game but they will try to make everyone happy in the end.

9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The question is how many of the same type of DLC they can make before people will stop buying them.

I guess that'll take a long while. Which is a shame. More variety would be my preference, but I guess I can't blame DTG for producing whatever there's a big market for.

• Like Like x 3
  10. tallboy7648

There are thousands of modern routes dtg can make so people won't stop buying modern content at all. It doesn't mean though historic routes won't sell though. They will however sell less than a modern route according to what customers want. I would not buy historic content because that's something that I don't like personally. The two new american routes announced are routes that I will not buy because they are both freight routes (and one is historic) and I'm more into modern passenger routes. What I do like about the german content is that there is a mix of both freight and passenger which should make everyone happy because they can choose which they like and that should make everyone happy in theroy

• Like Like x 2
  11. ZeenozPlays

I wouldn't buy a historical route either. With certain things (NYC) I'd buy a route that's set between the 90's-Present Day. But, I'm just not that big of a fan of older routes/rolling stock. I want to see that location represented in its Modern Day format. The same thing goes for Freight, just not a big fan of it. This is why so many people suggest American Passenger routes because TSW is lacking in that department.

Honestly, I think a nice middle ground is what they're doing with GWR. A modern-day route with a Historical Layer on top of it.

With this Hamburg-Lubeck Route, I feel like there won't be much playability, so I'll probably skip it. I'd much prefer an S-Bahn route.

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Judging by the forums at rail-sim.de (allowing for my sketchy German), there seems to be a fair amount of support in that community for vintage German routes as well.

• Like Like x 3
  13. tallboy7648

I plan on skipping Hamburg-Lubeck as well. 39 miles and speeds that are similar to hrr (medium to high speed regional route) is something that I won't spend $29.99 on. I've also heard that it gets bland at some parts so London-Faversham will be the only route I will buy in the current roadmap until new routes are announced

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

Yes but overall, the prefrence according to dtg is modern german routes by the majority of players. It is what it is but I expect a historic german route will be made at some point in the future to satisfy the minority

15. ZeenozPlays

Same. Hopefully, the new batch of routes that goes on the roadmap will be more intreging (for people like us).

• Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

Hopefully

• Like Like x 1
  17. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Forget about if a route is modern, historical, “passenger”, “freight” or a mix, just want some variety. Each new dlc should also expand upon the current collection of routes, progress the game and achieve something new.

I believe DTG should give it a shot, try something different. By TSW 2 standards according to DTG the 155 and 363 are jolly popular, seem to be many’s favorite and are selling very well. Those locos originate from the 60’s!
    That has to justify the demand. Albeit it’s still a minority but that minority is larger than you think, plus not all of the target audience are very active on social media platforms. Some TSW 2 players haven’t been exposed to historical german routes yet as well, so you don’t know until you try.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BluePasta#4721

BluePasta#4721 New Member

Is it just me or did they add the 182 to this route

[Route Add-On] DBB-R7 05 - Hamburg – Lübeck. With DB BR 112 + Doppelstockwagen & MRCE BR 182

19. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The 182 has always been a planned part of the HL; it gives you a freight service layer. It's slightly different from the old one in that this is in black MRCE livery (compare the black MRCE 185 in RRO with the red Railion/DB one in MSB).

20. Amtrak131

Amtrak131 Active Member

Remember when they add the livery compatibility, the current 182 can be skinned into the black 182. So there is that. The only value out of that pack is the br 111. No thanks.

I have a big german portfolio as it stands. I fell in love with german stock back in TSW 2020 thanks to DTG. My main focus is getting more routes with ICE trains featured. Not another metro route that is short and limited no matter how much addon dlc's go with it. Now if TSG was to add layers to HMA with the big diesels than you might get my interest, but as far as another metro route, I'll pass. Btw DTG has a huge german audience so they would love all of this so it's like a fan service at this point. No mad at them.

I want more UK and USA routes to add to my portfolio. I don't run LIRR anymore because it is hilariously bad. Adding working boards won't cover the ugly on that route. So i won't count that. Lets see what the next batch of routes will be like to see what is DTG thinking about.

Add more high speed routes from UK, france, sweden and USA (NEC).

• Like Like x 1
  21. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

The br 111 would actually be something new... But it's coming with the br 112, which is realistic for the route but almost identical to the br 143 we already have. Both locos are reused for this route.

It's just a bad value route for me, especially as I already have the 182.

• Like Like x 3