Why I'm Annoyed With Dovetail Games And Their Business Practices

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tallboy7648, May 7, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be exciting, but it would be part of the sim experience though. But lying about that though is just odd.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They never said that the Bakerloo line was the most requested London Underground route, they actually said that the Bakerloo line was a route requested by a huge number of players. There is a difference. So the lie you are referring to never happened. The Bakerloo line is a perfect choice of route in my opinion, I just hope they do it justice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTGs defender. That's also a lie because there were few requests and people in the fourms asking for the Bakerloo Line before it was announced. So a huge number of players asking that is completely false but hey it's just business. I've heard a few people who were talking about TSW 2 on YouTube say that it would be the last tube line they wanted. A huge number of people asked for the Circle, Northern and Victoria Lines. A YouTuber had checked it out and I did as well. Do you have to go on DTGs defense when it's clear that they said something innacurate or made a mistake?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. elexhaji

elexhaji New Member

In my opinion, TSW is excellent value for money. Before this stupid virus showed up, I'd go out with my mates once in a while. The train fare was £5, a round of drinks £20, and apart from good memories and a headache in the morning, nothing to show for it. I bought Tees Valley when it came out for £25 and I have had a full 12 months of enjoyment from it. If you really have to watch the pennies, wait for a sale and only buy what interests you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

And of course you don't have to purchase all the routes so that figure is a bit irrelevant really. People still go on about how expensive TS1 is because all its DLC costs £1,000's, even though very few will purchase everything. Plus, all the sales mean you don't have to pay that much even if you did purchase everything. And, if you want everything then spread it out over time.

Many on this forum seem know the cost of everything and the value of nothing! For some £25 on a DLC is excellent value for money for the hours of enjoyment it gives.

• Like Like x 3
  6. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Why not go the whole hog and call him a fanboi?!

7. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The current price for TSW 2, for a small collection of routes and trains is £709.63.

The current price for Project Cars 2 for a very large collection of tracks and modelled cars is £6.74 rising to as much as £19.23 if you buy all the DLC, which includes some truly stunning historical tracks.

However, you are not forced to purchase either game, and there are plenty of alternatives for train related games at more reasonable prices.

But you are right, £709.63 isn't that much, when you compare it to something very expensive, like enjoying a month renting a cheap London flat, which could easily cost double that, or a new car (a real one), which could easily cost twenty times as much as TSW 2 ...!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

£6.74 on heavy sale, £44.99 actual price. Along with 6 DLC this is £107.93

For the "fun pack" you get 8 new cars (no idea if the interior is well modelled as I can't find a walkthrough) and a whole 2 circuits (don't know distance because again, not listed)

And PC2 is published by Namco, so yet another comparison to a huge media giant

Maybe, just maybe you're not comparing like with like

• Like Like x 2
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The post you quoted was from a year ago :D I prefer DTG Defender to fanboi but what I don’t understand is why fanboy is spelt with an i at the end. It makes no sense. Anyway, a year after being hailed as the defender of DTG, I do still call them out when necessary. Or should that be when necessari ???

• Like Like x 3
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Unsure why this thread has been necro bumped today, but it is not going in a good direction. Calling each other names for having an opinion is never okay.

You are all welcome to be as critical of DTG as you like, equally you are allowed to be as positive about DTG as you like.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.