Will Dovetail Games Extend The Long Island Railroad To Ronkonkoma

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lachlan smith, Nov 10, 2022.

1. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

Will Dovetail Be Able to extend the long island railroad to Ronkonkoma

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Able to? Yes, absolutely.
    Will they? Almost certainly not.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Isn't LIRR generally regarded as the worst of the TSW DLCs anyway? Seems it needs a major overhaul, not an extension!

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Is it? It's deathly quiet in places, but I quite enjoyed the LIRR route, especially after they added the M3. Maybe I need to go back and give it another go now I've played Harlem and see how it feels in comparison.

Either way, it's unlikely to get any extra track.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

LIRR needs (and deserves) a complete overhaul. It is begging for it. Begging!!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

LIRR is one of my favourites alongside the likes of Harlem. I would love to see a complete rework of it, but it's unlikely. I'm still disappointed they never fixed the bugs with the M3 as well, or I'd have bought that for a bit more variety on it.

7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt LIRR will ever be extended, they don't even fix the M7 tutorial that was broken by their own control locking. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

The LIRR desperately needs love. The busiest rail system in North America looks more like a rail system during the middle of the pandemic. I hope one day it we get a new overhaul route with 500+ services. I just hope they get it right on the next US route

9. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

The way dtg build routes timetables and Essentially Everything Also along with it Has changed And Matt has said If they were to try or add It would break And because everything is Different Will not work.. The Big Question is From everything DTG Learned through Train Sim world journey Could they can make a Possibly Best North American Route of all time, Just a quick note Long Island Railroad Even at its worst has had a higher Playability rate Compared to any other American role In my opinion. Even Is the Long Island Railroad Showcased Almost barren Timetable But remarkably enough I was still able to Make it to level 560 on lirr alone. what I've seen With south-eastern high-speed Even If dovetail were to Rebuild A whole new version With the extension To Oyster Bay Featuring Diesel, & M3, M7,M9 That would be Up to standard and complete ..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  10. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you here, DTG can extend the route to Ronkonkoma but as the route is so old they probably won't extend the route, sorry lachlan smith :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Why Ronkonkoma? why not Huntington or Port Jefferson? heres a fun fact: on the Main Line, Ronkonkoma trains run express: Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville, then all stops to Ronkonkoma( right turn after Hicksville). Now local trains on the main are the Huntington trains for the Pt Jefferson branch (left turn after Hicksville) with more main line express trains to both Huntington and Pt Jefferson.

Also, with the Port Jefferson branch. you can also run diesels and dual modes if they ever can release those (doubtful) without needing Oyster Bay for those consists.

• Like Like x 1