Will Dresden Ever Stop Crashing?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by emperorts#8304, Nov 29, 2021.

1. emperorts#8304

emperorts#8304 New Member

I know there are quite a few threads about this already, but many are old, and from what i've seen there isn't really much new info pertaining to fixing this problem (anytime I get near Dresden, it's a blue screen).

Love the locos and the route, but i can't stand doing all the work not being able to complete missions (it's like a lingering icy headache).

Any news?

• Like Like x 5
  2. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

Bought this DLC today and had my first blue screen crash approaching Dresden for the first time, and on my first run. I was driving the 101 on a timetable service. (PS4 Pro).

• Like Like x 1
  3. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I love Dresden, but it's sad not being able to play for SPADs for AI trains, crashes, blue screens, need to be revised urgently.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bassman612

bassman612 Member

Just crashed again while boarding at Dresden Mitte on my standard PS4. I have 37 DLCs installed. I think having them all 'mounted', with all their index files taking up RAM, is what's causing the out of memory crash. I know the plan to only mount what is needed to play a certain route is being worked on to fix the 64 GB limit of DLCs on PS5, but the old PS4 really needs this fix too due to its limited RAM. I haven't bought any more DLCs because of this. I don't need any more mounted index files taking up my limited RAM and causing more crashes. Uninstalling some DLCs isn't really a viable option on PS4 as you have to delete eveything and re-download just what you want during a re-installation.

5. morph147

morph147 Active Member

my understanding from other players is this is popping up even if the only dlc that have on is Dresden.

also I think the mounting thing is coming to all systems. not just ps5. Ps5 is what made them go and look into doing this.

6. bassman612

bassman612 Member

Thanks for the info. It's good to read the mounting fix is planned for all platforms. I've never tried running with only Dresden installed. If people are getting crashes with no other DLCs installed except Dresden, then this route has Far Bigger problems than I thought. I figured the crashes I'm getting were caused by the amount of DLC I have. I can run Dresden outbound to Riesa or the branch lines fine, but any service inbound to Dresden HBF crashes around Dresden Mitte.

7. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Yeah I love the Dresden map but as much as I love it , the anxiety of wondering if you will finish what you are doin or if it will crash is not worth the hassle .

8. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning Friends, about Dresden, it is important to mention that the only DLC that would impact this route would be the BR101, and the one from Lubeck that adds the BR 182 MRCE, besides I believe that no other German DLC will impact it, as Dresden has an immense diversity of locos, maybe that's why this route is so problematic. I have the same problems as you and even more, the region of Dresden Mitte, HBF, Naut... it always crashes with a blue screen, my paleative solution is to save along the way, when arriving and leaving the station, because it freezes, with luck, I can pick up where I left off. Today, unfortunately, after update 1.55 Dresden is almost impossible to play, as in addition to the crashes, there are trains stopped along the way, failure in the scenario by SPAD of AI trains, and other failures...

9. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning Friends, about Dresden, it is important to mention that the only DLC that would impact this route would be the BR101, and the one from Lubeck that adds the BR 182 MRCE, besides I believe that no other German DLC will impact it, as Dresden has an immense diversity of locos, maybe that's why this route is so problematic. I have the same problems as you and even more, the region of Dresden Mitte, HBF, Naut... it always crashes with a blue screen, my paleative solution is to save along the way, when arriving and leaving the station, because it freezes, with luck, I can pick up where I left off. Today, unfortunately, after update 1.55 Dresden is almost impossible to play, as in addition to the crashes, there are trains stopped along the way, failure in the scenario by SPAD of AI trains, and other failures...