Will Trams Ever Be In Tsw2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by supersimfan#2303, Jul 25, 2021.

1. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

Will trams ever be in tsw2 do trams come under as trains and will dovetail ever bring out a tram route?
    Post what you think below

2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I don’t see why not. After all there is already a non standard gauge route in the game - Arosalinie. I know that Tyne and Wear Metro has been suggested in the past.

If you have a particular tram route in mind, stick it in the suggestions forum with as much detail as you can.

3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The problem with tram routes are that they highlight scenery and detail issues even more, due to their urban nature.

Most tram lines run through busy urban centres which would require a lot of of detail, and a lot of life going on, 2 places which TSW suffers quite badly.

I think the closest we’ll get to tram lines are the likes of Arosa, LU, RT & GCC, whilst not trams they are essentially routes that if they were planned today, would be tram lines.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Depends on the location of the tram line. A metropolitan one would be rather crude until DTG can improve on rail & road interaction, we don't even have cars going over crossings and waiting when gates go down at the moment. Arosa's street running is basic and they can get away with that because it's only a tiny part of the route.

An old rural tramway would be easier to do in TSW's current state. When steam arrives, I would love to see the Wisbech & Upwell Tramway complete with GER Class G15s (LNER Y6) & GER Class C53s (LNER J70). You could possibly get away with an alternate timetable set in 1952 onwards when the line was ran by the BR Class 04s too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

no

• Like Like x 3
  6. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Isnt that what "tram simulator" is for?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not everyone can play it

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There's no reason why trams and light rail routes can't be modeled in TSW2.
    Maybe they could model the Blackpool Tram route as someone did quite enjoyably in TS or MSTS, can't remember which.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  9. aglomarsale

aglomarsale Well-Known Member

Why not? As long as they have a pc, they can..

10. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

But most of this community either prefers console or can’t afford a pc

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

While there are some train-ish tram systems, some type of lightrail system as e.g. used in Frankfurt or Stuttgart in Germany, I don't think those will come to TSW. First and foremost, DTG would need to develop a decent AI traffic and have a greater focus on recreating the realistic assets, which is not trivial and a very different focus to what they are doing now. And there are already others out there, namely TramSim and Lotus, that are arguably more advanced in that regard. I hope they will develop more variety as well, maybe a DLC system with different cities in the future, and let TSW stick to trains :)

12. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Frankfurt U-bahn (a decidedly tram-y/light rail route) was an official route in TS (yes, I know routes developed for TS doesn't necessarily mean they could be easily implemented in TSW)