Window Tint On Us Locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mike71089zeon, Jul 10, 2021.

1. mike71089zeon

mike71089zeon Member

Sorry if this is on the wrong board. Wasn’t sure where it fits best. Would it be possible to have window tint on the side cab windows of US freight locomotives? Almost all the units I see on line by me have it (CSX Willard Sub) . It just looks really off seeing the windows completely clear and transparent as they are in game.

upload_2021-7-9_19-24-51.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Ooh no, I don’t like the sound of that. It’s hard to see anything out of the widows at night as it is with the amount of darkening clear glass gives in game. All tinted windows currently in game (in some passenger coaches) completely ruin the view out of them. There isn’t the full dynamic range of light in the game as there is in real life, so any tint darkens the view from inside far too much even if the windows look good from outside. The player’s view is the most important thing here. I’d even argue that the clear glass needs to have less of a darkening effect if anything, as this darkening can be seen very clearly with non-tinted windscreens in some trains at night when compared to an external camera view. It darkens things to such an extent that you can’t see anything.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Could it be possible to have the windows tinted from the outside only? But same as they are from the inside now?

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

It should be. Trains like the M7, The M3 also have tinted windows. They aren't clear like they are in the game. Heck most of the passenger trains in tsw2 currently would in reality have tinted windows.

• Like Like x 2