PC Windows 10 ‘game Mode’

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hightower, May 8, 2018.

1. hightower

hightower Guest

I know I’m probably a total Luddite for not knowing about this but I discovered it today and thought it worth sharing. No doubt many of you are already aware of it.

If you aren’t, activating it puts Windows into a state where all system resources are put towards gaming. I’m not exaggerating in saying it has added close to 10fps to what I was getting without it.

I can’t believe I wasn’t aware of it before but there you go. Hope it helps someone.

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This fellow semi-luddite would like to know how to put Windows 10 into this game mode. Thanks in advance!

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

While in game it should be windows +G to get the game bar and there in settings you should be able to transfer the game into gamemode.

Sometimes the OS can activate it by itself as well.

4. hightower

hightower Guest

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Isn’t this basically the same as putting your power settings on High Performance?

6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I deactivated it, my system runs better with game mode off. Setting all to high performance do it better.
    I think game mode is for weaker systems that need to handle the resources, on high end PC I don't see a benefit from it. (i7-4790k@4,4ghz and GTX1080).

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

As with just about any setting, it will work differently on different systems depending on spec, background programs etc etc
    I run TSx on a fairly blank surface pro which would definitely be underspec, but that I don't have loads of miscellaneous programs installed on it

8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Since a recent update, Windows 10 seems to turn game mode on automatically when a game launches, although its definition of "game" is pretty loose.

• Like Like x 2