Winter Livery Designer Competition

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Dec 18, 2020.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

They never wrote there was a maximum amount of entries. So you could post 4000 designs and still be within the rules. Only limitations were:
    1. Winter Themed
    2. No BR403/6, No TGV
    3. No IP or Copirighted material

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  2. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

K, time to flood it next time then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Watch out if they put a new rule in place to stop you lol

4. vogelm10

I hope they do honestly. I'm not a fan of multiple listings and have been a bit too vocal about it I think. But seriously? I need to shut up but like no I'm out, I'm not going to do the effort anymore on this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Congrats to all

6. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

DTG Natster when will your guides to livery designer be out please? I'd like to use this tool but not being an artist in any way shape or form I've found it a bit difficult so haven't got far at all. These entries here were excellent

7. vogelm10

You should ask in the livery design creation forum, we all help eachother out and can give you tips if you need them in the time being.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I have no exact timeline for you just yet. I am also no expert with the livery designer but I intend to use these streams as an opportunity for us to learn together and see what works well and what doesn't.

I will also be taking a look at your tips vogelm10. To answer your earlier questions regarding how many entries you are able to submit, currently there is no limit and you could hypothetically submit as many as you like however we will only select 1 of your entries for a prize should it be good enough.

The terms and conditions of the competition is something we are working on to improve, and how many entries that are permitted can be something we take a look at for future competitions. We also want anybody to feel like they are able to participate and we want those who have already won to still feel like they are able to contribute. So we are likely to introduce some changes for the next contest.

9. vogelm10

Change it to one entry per person, not multiple entries or one entry with variations of it please. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Why? If someone wants to have several entries - what is the problem? DTG all ready stated they will only pick one as the winner so a person can not sweep winner and runner up positions. If the person wants to spread their talents over multiple entries it shouldn’t be discouraged — if a person wants to apply all their time and talents to perfecting one entry - that should not give them any automatic advantage either.

• Like Like x 2
  11. vogelm10

If you can't see the problem with flooding the contest I really don't know what say. I made a different post to talk about this issue so as not to take over this thread.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

What isto say is that we agree to disagree.

13. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

One entry per person could make it more competitive because if you have different designs, you can't just put them all in. You would have to pick the design that you think is the best and put it into that one entry. I don't use livery designer but I do agree with this idea

14. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the winners. I am getting better each time (I think) and will keep learning from what others do :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

You got an honorable Mention vogelm10 I know it isn't a prize as such but don't give up.

16. vogelm10

Oh didn't know that. So twice now honorable mention. That's great and all but it doesn't make me change my issue with how this is set up with multi posts. Especially when the winning one was the only other one with the northern lights...but hey whatever I'll just drop like 50 entries next time and see how that goes.....sorry really not trying to overthrow this post so no more replies on this thread from me, I'll talk about it on my other post.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1