PC (wip) Merged Routes (us And Uk)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by trainsimcz, Jun 15, 2026.

  1. jivebunny

    jivebunny Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2024
    Messages:
    423
    Likes Received:
    901
    Have you tried merging Fife Circle with LGV Med? It should just generate the track from Edinburgh Waverley to Avignon.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  2. rtgfv#4252

    rtgfv#4252 Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2024
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    67
    Hello There! I am currently working on a route Merge (Kassel - Frankfurt ) and I experience a issue right now, so basically the whole thing is done and all but if I for example select Fulda as my Startpoint and then press Play all i get is Empty Sky, so if someone here knows why or how to fix it PLEASE let me know!
     
  3. efekancandan

    efekancandan New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2020
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    9
    059f45f77bb9d79a66227cca075e329c5604a330.jpg

    I can wait to see this for Train Sim World
     
    • Like Like x 2
  4. ---DMY---

    ---DMY--- Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2024
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    1,085
    That would be great, sure.
    I'll be the first to be pleased.
    But, on the other hand, I think that an evolved route hopping function could be more powerful.
    Something like a "simple" portal system that allow you to jump from any adjacent route to another...
    I mean with this merge, you can "only" go from London to Edinburgh, whereas with a "2.0 route hopping", you could go anywhere from Dover to Mallaig ! :o
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. efekancandan

    efekancandan New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2020
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    9
    To skip a route, you currently have to get off the train, whereas it should be possible to skip to the next route without getting off. Or, even better, an automatic jump to the next route when continuing from the current last station would be a more efficient solution. This would also allow the timetable to load smoothly. Of course, a high-speed SSD would be necessary for such a loading. The loading time would not be sufficient for an HDD. An additional loading screen might be needed for HDDs. Actually, the developers could do this, but I don't know why they aren't. Maybe they're designing it for Tsw8 or higher in future updates.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jivebunny

    jivebunny Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2024
    Messages:
    423
    Likes Received:
    901
    It wouldn't even need a high-speed SSD or anything fancy. Just improve the route-hopping feature to allow it to be used from inside the cab and allow the user to select their next service from the destination route's timetable, freeze the scene as it is and turn it into a static loading screen, unload everything from memory and load the next route. I'm sure with some clever coding all of the trains and scenery items that the two routes have in common could be "transferred" to the second route instance to reduce the loading time.

    The current route-hopping feature is terrible, I never use it personally.
     
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2026
    • Like Like x 5
  7. greggryan2

    greggryan2 Active Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2018
    Messages:
    469
    Likes Received:
    237
    depends how you've merged the routes together and what you mean but empty sky. Need more info if honest.
     
  8. trainsimcz

    trainsimcz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2016
    Messages:
    545
    Likes Received:
    2,306
    I know exactly what he mean with empty sky because copy just tiles over doesnt mean its merged :) It require much more then that... this is the basic easy part which i was messing with in TSW 2020 (RRO and RSN, LIRR and NEC). And clear empty sky is just that the game dont find what needs to find so it just load empty level.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. rtgfv#4252

    rtgfv#4252 Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2024
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    67
    Yea Noticed that too i already fixed it The only thing missing that I have to implement is the dispatcher because right now if I try to set a route it just gives me a error
     
  10. aaronthomas1a

    aaronthomas1a Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2022
    Messages:
    318
    Likes Received:
    282
    Any updates on WCML South and Trent Valley merge I love to drive Euston to Crewe non stop
     
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jivebunny

    jivebunny Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 8, 2024
    Messages:
    423
    Likes Received:
    901
    I feel I have enough WCML routes to keep me busy for a few years, but if trainsimcz manages to merge these two routes and their timetables then I'll buy Trent Valley immediately :D
     
    • Like Like x 1
  12. ---DMY---

    ---DMY--- Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2024
    Messages:
    927
    Likes Received:
    1,085
    That would be really awesome (and imagine if MAC had gone all the way to Crewe...)
     
    • Like Like x 1
  13. toms87

    toms87 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2022
    Messages:
    1,032
    Likes Received:
    1,709
    If merges like WCML South and Trent Valley or Frankfurt-Fulda + Würzburg + Kassel get a proper timetable, I´ll be excited. It´s great that someone is showing it´s possible, but we need working timetables with it.

    If someone might be planing to do a timetable for the new German merge, please make it line up with Würzburg-Nürnberg. That would great stuff! Frankfurt to Kassel and Nürnberg to Kassel.
     
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2026 at 12:14 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  14. rtgfv#4252

    rtgfv#4252 Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2024
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    67
    Yo trainsimcz I wanted to ask how you deal with overlapping tiles because for example inside Frankfurt -Fulda and Kassel - Wurzburg the tiles:

    • x16_y-54
    • x15_y-51
    • x15_y-50

      are tiles that exist in both FF and KWG, i don't really know how to deal with them because if I make them FF sided assets on the KWG side will be missing. So do you got any clues? Thanks in advance!
     

Share This Page