Workshop Scenario & Route Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Jun 21, 2018.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm posting to call everyone's attention to a route and scenarios available at the Steam Workshop. The author's name is Coasty and the route's designation is "Ridgeway Railways", attributed to "heyjoe". It's a beautiful and complex "fictional route in the 1960's or 1970's period which could be any region of the UK". Three standard scenarios are available, each featuring shunting and a good deal of AI traffic, some of which interacts with the player train.

Recently, Coasty has added a simpler but more intriguing scenario: "Ridgeway Services (AutoDrive) that has to be experienced to be believed; that's all I'll say about it for now.

All shunting fans should drive the first three scenarios. Everyone interested in scenario creation should look at the 4th one.

The route & scenarios require the European Loco & Asset Pack, Western Lines of Scotland, and the Teasdale Railway Network Route.

2. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Not a workshop item but I just bought the WCML Trent Valley route add on because it was on offer and has a class 66 with functioning traction control and a class 350. Im very impressed with the scenario I just fired up. It feels like a living railway with figures beside the track, lots of traffic etc. Im having quite a good time with it if anyone is umming and ahhing about whether to get it or not.. Im able to drive the scenario appropriately, slowing down for yellows etc and it all feels very civilised ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Ah! a hitchhiker!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest