Would You Pay Extra For ‘pro Range’ Loco Dlc Add-ons?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think much of a "pro-line" and agree almost exclusively with the criticisms of the previous speakers.

But I see an alternative that has not yet been mentioned here. She goes towards the "New Expansion Pack".

As we know, there are different players with different demands. First of all, everyone should get the same product, a basic standard. Now some want more than others.

I could imagine that features like "Ebula" don't necessarily have to be a standard, just like some don't play around with the PIS either. I e.g. would love to have Ebula and would you get it as DLC for a route bundle, e.g. all German routes, I would also be willing to pay for them. I would see it for what it is - an optional add-on. If it existed now and cost €25, I would buy it. Others would say they don't need or want it and refrain from buying it. Either way, it would be a useful but optional extension. That makes sense to me.

I see something similar for the scenario planner. It's good that there is a rather rudimentary scheduler as the default in TSW. For many it is certainly sufficient. Others, on the other hand, want significantly more functions and options. This too could be an optional DLC for those who want it. I would buy that again too.

The same goes for more open world. Some like to collect collectibles, others don't care at all. This also includes working construction workers, sheep and cattle herds and all that. This could also be offered as DLC, it doesn't have to be a standard.

I think there is general agreement on what should be standard. You can also think about whether and what can be offered as an optional dlc and techn. that is also feasible. Similar to the new journey expansion pack. This shows me a possible direction.

It should not be forgotten that the handling between the platforms can sometimes differ significantly. What is very comfortable on the pc with a mouse and keyboard can be torture on the console. e.g. ebula.
    If it were only displayed in the MFD, it would be just as uncomfortable as the PIS settings. An additional view like the map would be desirable. One touch for the map, then the Ebula, then back again. That would be it.

All of this could be offered as DLC while maintaining and improving the standard. Because you can't have everything at once.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

in about 2013 i discovered the Virtual Railroads Expert Line locos, and i've not really wanted to drive any others in train simulator since, as i love the extra scripted features they include that make them more challenging to drive, it really adds a lot to the immersion.

i didn't have much money back then, so got most VR el locos from places like green man gaming or in steam sales, called the 'Pro line' loco's there... (Just don't get the BR103 TEE 'TS Pro' off steam, thats had its good bits stripped out to sell on steam :(

I only got TSW2 as i got a PS5 for xmyth, and TSW2 was on sale for something like 5 quid when i was looking for a game to download for it, but i was pleasantly surprised that in the stock German route (i only drive German trains and routes) you actually had to do a little more than just 'press W then mash A' to get the train going.

I have TSW2 for the PC too now, and since i've found out Virtual Railroads made the BR101 in TSW2, and is making the BR420, i will be buying them at full price to ensure i support Virtual Railroads hard work.

i for one would be happy to pay a bit extra to get all the extra features that are coded into 'expert line' versions, and i'd pay 5 or 6 quid per train to update the original loco's too if that was possible.
    Better sounds, more switches working (and able to operate them with keyboard or joystick buttons) and more realistic operations.
    i.e. the free rundown button that should be in the BR112, motors that overheat if you push them too hard or forget to put the FML switch on, a working motor temperature display in the BR112, interlocks between power and brake levers, neutral sections of the line where you have to turn the main breaker off and back on, same with pantograph down sections,

Having to watch the ammeter and not push that power lever too far forwards when starting off or going up a gradient of you will overload the motors and trip the main breaker (do that on a steep gradient with a heavy train and you may not get going again)

All these features could be made optional, maybe even 2 versions of the train, so those who don't like having to do too much to simply drive and enjoy the scenery will be happy, and then those who want harder, more realistic and immersive train operations, i.e. 'zusi with good graphics' can have that option.

3. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

As others have mentioned, many of these features have been in TS for years. For instance, main breaker trip on ammeter overload and neutral sections have been on the Class 86/87 in TS for ever. It seems as if the feature list is randomized!

4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Erm, the 101, G6 and 420 in TSW were/are being developed by Train Sim Germany, not Virtual Railroads

5. gazz292

Ahhh, what i mean, isn't it Maik Goltz who makes the BR101, G6 and 420 for TSW, the same bloke who makes the highly detailed and functional trains for TS20xx with Virtual Railroads.

So same guy, same high quality, different company name?

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Hmmmm- VR is based in Wuppertal, whereas TSG is based in Berlin.

7. gazz292

ahh

Ulf Freudenreich and Maik Goltz are Virtual Railroads,

is it just Maik Goltz who is TSG?