PC Wsr Class 47 Tutorial Controls Freezing

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by peterchambers, May 25, 2018.

1. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

In tutorial only - I get as far as starting the class 47 and then the controls freeze. The mouse moves but will not move a control nor will any keystrokes. I cannot leave the seat. Have studied the manual, had about 12 tries to no avail.

In the first scenario for the 47 I can stop the engine and go through the startup procedure and move off down the line without any problem.

2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

When you start the tutorial, it advises you that some of the controls are locked. At each step through the tutorial, it will ask you to do something and unlock the required control for you to move it.

At the point when you start the locomotive it will wait, as you are advised by the voice instruction, until there is sufficient air pressure in the brake system before continuing on - if you can give it a few more moments for the air system to charge properly (if you watch the left-most gauge, you will see the needle moving), all will be clear for you to move on.

Hope this helps :)

Best, Steve

3. peterchambers

peterchambers Active Member

Thank you Steve. I ran it again. As soon as I pressed the start engine button the engine seemed to start but there is no bell sound, nor any voice or text instruction to wait. I waited 5 minutes all the gauge needles went to their correct points well before that. There were no further messages. There was a mouse pointer only, no labels, and the E key did not allow me to stand up. No keystrokes nor mouse would work any control including light switches etc.

I ran the first 47 scenario - preparation work - again, set the loco to cold and dark and was able to start up and move off as normal.

I do not mind this as it does not affect the rest of the game. Just thought someone should know about it in case it happened to others.

Wonderful route and locos - this is going to be an amazing sim by the time you have finished. I am very happy with short routes. Don't let the devs go on holiday until they have finished a steam engine !!

Best wishes, Peter

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Thanks very much for the additional feedback Peter, I have recorded this for further investigation by the Team.

Best, Steve