1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One X 4k And/or Gih Resolution, Enhanced Graphics, Hdr?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Earmack, Aug 15, 2019 at 7:35 AM.

1. Earmack

Earmack New Member

Hello,
    Interesting to buy game but dont wanna play in 1080 or less. Dont see info about train sim world 2020 xbox one x support/enhancements (i check dev talk in diary about train sim world 2020 but no any word about xbox one x). Maybe someone have any news/interviews or details about xbox one x high rez?
    Thank you.

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its not X enhanced and its not running at 1080 / 60fps. Not sure what the resolution is but the frames are around 20-40fps mostly.

3. Earmack

Earmack New Member

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin New Member

That’s been wrong for ages

5. xD 2Bad4You

Yeah. Its not 4k, dont has HDR and isnt One X enhanced. And the devs currently also dont have any plans to do so.

6. Earmack

Earmack New Member

Damn. Why they not upgrade? Did they explained at least? Btw what about ps4pro? The same situation, no support?

7. xD 2Bad4You

Same with PS4 Pro. No enhancements

8. garydoe77

garydoe77 New Member

Yeah I don't understand why they won't even bother, do they need more experience??, farming simulator 19 runs at 4k and looks awesome, and it has way more stuff going on in the background, like plant growth and farm labourers etc,

9. Earmack

Earmack New Member

Just try game yesterday....very disappointed of picture quality. Not sure resolution even 1080....very very blurred everything...looks like 900p on xbox (after 4k games very hard to play and accept this). Fps 60fps i believe if u just running...but for me performance never been on the first place, resolution always on top. If resolution high game gonna looks awesome...but for now i feel disappointed and dont get it why xbox.com and microsoft store have wrong info about xbox one x enhancements, its just make people confuse at least.

10. xD 2Bad4You

Do you have a Link to the Store page where it shows 4K and HDR? I´ve checked xbox.com and for me its not showing any of these.

11. Earmack

Earmack New Member

I checked in Thursday and i remember 100% 4k and hdr. Also someone after my post confirm here. and i always check from console so i cant give u link from console coz its application store. Anyway maybe microsoft finally remove this bullshit

12. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t see 4K HDR TSW for consoles coming anytime soon. I have a high end PC and I can’t even get 60fps with the game running at 4K

13. xD 2Bad4You

4K is utopic for the game on Consoles. Better draw distance and textures especially in the cabs and more stable fps (although i have to say the new Caltrain Route runs pretty solid) is more reasonable and doable on the X

14. naturalhighNZ

naturalhighNZ New Member

4k isnt a must for me either. I'd take draw distance and textures over that.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:12 AM
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I doubt farming simulator needs to look awesome for a 1 mile x 50 mile tract of land that looks good at 1mph or 125mph.
    And that's the challenge that TSW has, balancing everything people can do. The more comparable game would be flight sim, but even then you don't get people landing in their home town and expecting the road layouts to be accurate. In TSx or TSW people DO do that

16. russianchip

russianchip Member

This is the one question that never gets answered directly on Twitter, Dev Streams or forums. Insects on One X is built with Unreal Engine and shows off what the system can do. TSW could be near life like with an enhancement done properly. Agree it is much better with updates but not close to what it should be.

With each a core game and DLC being £10-£25 you can soon have something on your system that costs well over £150 and should be a lot better than it is.

I think the official twitter account actually tweeted it was on the Xbox Enhanced list ages ago but it was never addressed after that.

17. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Staff Member

We've never advertised the game featuring Xbox One X enhancements. One thing you don't seem to realise is that the game is a simulator. This means it's simulating things from physics to brake pressures. Other games don't need to do this so can leverage the full power of the CPU and GPU for higher details as everything is scripted.

Another thing you need to note is that TSW is a niche title. It doesn't sell hundreds of thousands of units of each Add-On like a much larger title so comparing it to games with a higher budget and player base is only going to lead to disappointment.
    For now, the game pushes the hardware of the console to its max. We have improved performance in our latest update as much as we can right now. For the time being, if you want to play TSW at 4K you are going to need a PC vastly more powerful than an Xbox One X or PS4 when it comes to CPU performance which is where the current-gen consoles truly fall behind.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Does this game have real life components with interaction required from 0 to 125 mph and allow you to walk around (again real life) places and expect to see what you see?
    This is the problem with comparing "straight up games" with simulators.
    Not saying that things couldn't be very much improved in a lot of areas, but these comparisons are meaningless

DTG are learning and improving as time goes by BUT (and it's a big but) each DLC is basically a standalone environment so improvements in one DLC don't necessarily work in another DLC which may have been built in a very different way. Matt P has basically said as much in devstreams