Xbox Xbox Series S - Heading Into London Victoria - London Commuter

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by jcalmann, Oct 27, 2021.

1. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I have all the additional DLC for the London Commuter route. I've tried two services, Reigate - London Victoria (think it was the 07:30 from Reigate) and the 10:41 Haywards Heath - Lodnon Victoria. On both services, my game crashes and ends when I get to Battersea Park. I'm not sure if this is due to all the AI with the additional DLC or what, but it breaks the immersion for me, as I'm wondering where around Battersea Park station my gme decides to give up and go to the main Xbox Hub.

2. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Have you got resolution set to 4k? If so, try choosing 1080p (or HD) and see if that fixes it.

3. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

On the series s out of memory crashes seem to only occur when you have all layers on, for example sehs, gwr, so even with hd mode you still crash.

The main culprit seems to be between batersea and London Victoria. The series s can't seem to handle all those trains at vic but you if use only southern and Gatwick express layers out of memory crashes seem to stop. I've done 5 hours straight and more with no issues.

Some other things you can do also, is clear you're Xbox cache regularly

4. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

To reiterate some of the above, running in HD instead of 4K certainly helps, not just for BML but for TSW2 in general.

Layering also matters. I have run BML very successfully with only SEHS added. However, when I also tried to layer the 465, I immediately developed all sorts of problems, that were resolved once I removed the 465.

It has been suggested elsewhere that overall number of DLC could also make a difference. The only DLC that I have installed are SEHS, NEC-BP, and BML. So, perhaps that could help.

Also, as mentioned cleaning your cache might be used, although I have not done to that and don't know offhand how to do it. Sure it's easy to look up though.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Interesting I'll try it out with just sehs installed and rem9ve the 465, thanks for the tip mate

6. Woroszyl The NS 2000

Woroszyl The NS 2000 Well-Known Member

btw i've set it to 720p on my Xbox One, i hope my BML won't crash

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Can confirm after various tests the following..

BML with sehs and only Ecw, gwr and the 313 installed, I've had no out of memory crashes between batersea and London Victoria.

BML with sehs and all the other add-ons I had like 3 or 4 more routes, out of memory crash in the same location.

So yeah depending how many add-ons you have installed plays a huuuuge difference for BML. Drains so much idle memory it's incredible.
    So yeah I guess the mounting and unmounting method is a great solution for dtg, seeming the new Unreal engine is so botched atm.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Nevermind that London commuter is completely botched and broken. Screw this

9. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I've changed it to HD and still crashes. Got a bit further towards Victroria with HD

• Like Like x 1
  10. jcalmann

jcalmann Member

I'll take the 456 off and see if that helps. I like the layers in the game makes it more interesting, but with it crashing on route to victoria, the extra layers aren't worth it