Yard Signaling/movement Help

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by seanthemahn#1453, Sep 30, 2026 at 9:26 PM.

  1. seanthemahn#1453

    seanthemahn#1453 New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2026
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm creating a route that has two yards for two different lines. When I created the timetable and signalled it, the dispatched trains kept getting stuck in the yard and not progressing.

    The issue, as far as I can tell after some investigating, is that the AI is not setting the switches at all in the yard and relying on the switches being pre-set. This wont work as I have multiple trains starting and ending their day at the yard and need to be routed in and out.

    upload_2026-9-30_15-22-58.png

    I saw in other posts that the yard only needs a Entry and Exit signal so the Yard AI Dispatcher handles the movements of trains within the yard. However, as far as I can tell, there's no instructions on how to create switches that can be toggled by the player or the AI. When I select any switch that I've created, the option to make it manually controlled is greyed out and nothing I do changes that state.

    upload_2026-9-30_15-25-38.png

    Am I expected to create manual switches in the yard, and if so how? Additionally, the AI will obviously set the switches if the player isnt controlling the train, is there a way in the timetable to set the switches automatically if the player is controlling the service?
     

Share This Page