Yet Another New Journeys Balls Up!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Oct 26, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I have now decided to take off the New Journeys pack for SKA on the PS5 because i have less locos available for it than the original timetable. See Below.

The original timetable locos that appear in the original TT for SKA

[​IMG]

The New Journeys Timetable list of locos available for SKA

[​IMG]

So excuse me if I sound rather disappointed and frustrated its because I am. I am not even sure if the Underground one works properly.
    Currently at the moment this release is looking a complete Fuster Cluck!

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Meanwhile on the Xbox front NJE SKA is totally unplayable as it goes nope even on the series x

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

What the friggin hell is DTG doing?
    Mess after mess after mess.
    This needs to STOP.

They are taking ALL the fun out of TSW!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I reported the same issue in the Tech Reports section. When I installed Main Spessart Bahn, all the locos appeared, but then every service I played crashed to desktop (Same as XBox).

So after this long wait, unplayable for me on both consoles. It’s working fine on PC.

Extremely frustrating.

5. antony.henley

Technically I have all the dlc I need to play the route. According to the timetable on the SKA it should all be there working without MSB installed.

6. Tigert1966

Yes, that’s what is really odd. I installed all the routes that should layer to the new timetable and got the same trains as you did. So then I started starting swapping in other routes and as soon as MSB was installed, suddenly all the layers were available…. But then the game crashes to desktop every service I try to run.

For now, I’ve had to remove TSW3 and go back to TSW2 on PS5 for this timetable.

I only tried it on PS5 because it doesn’t work on XBOX.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

PC is OK I think

012.png

8. Tigert1966

Yes, I tried the PC version as well (Both XBOX PC and Steam). Seems only consoles have the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info antony.henley , I was just about to buy it this morning :mad:

The comment here by Mat_Jam_Ca sums up what a lot of us feel about TSW
    Once again , it’s just not good enough . All the stuff about a new person running QA seems to be BS or the person is no good . This is a business and WE are your customers. Try and treat us with respect. fao DTG JD

• Like Like x 4
  10. Tigert1966

I think that in the gaming industry QA will never be classed as important. As someone that works in QA I find it interesting that QA is basically at the bottom of the pay scale within gaming companies. So you are not going to get experts in the roles.

This is fine. If a game goes wrong it upsets the Players and nobody loses any money or worse, lives. If a bank or an Aircraft Systems company didn’t employ expert QA staff, then there are far worse repercussions.

So you may get the odd passionate person in the gaming industry that just loves their job. But a lot will use it as a stepping stone to other things. Beta Testers are often paid nothing at all.

Anyway that’s sidetracking the thread. But it may explain the number of bugs that get through. I personally would have been quite upset to let this one through. But I probably started in QA before some of the DTG staff were born!

• Like Like x 4
  11. antony.henley

The thing is it may have worked well in testing we don't know.
    The PS4 version works but doesnt show the BR101 which if I remember it didnt anyway and there's no BR363 that spawns at Koln either and the MRCE BR185.5 doesnt show although its there in the original timetable.
    So having said that the BR185.5 isn't down in the New Journeys timetable it is there. Its currently sat in the siding next to a BR187 at the end of platform 8 / 9 at Aachen.

6ecccea3-f671-492f-9ec3-80b35bcb4611.jpg

So just checking the logo logs But although it "spawns" in the game there is no way to select the MRCE BR185.5.
    I click the DB BR185.2 and the 3 options it gives me are Kassel- Wurzburg, Ruhr Sieg Nord, Main Spessart Bahn (remember this is the PS4 version).

So yeah officially confused.com for me I'm afraid.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  12. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

>insert rant about quality control<

If DTG doesn't want to put in the effort for more quality control I'm not going to make any more effort into creating a rant about it

• Like Like x 4
  13. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

What makes things worse is that these 3 pak files haven't changed since the 12th October (check SteamDB). So what have DTG been doing 'sitting' on them all this time - it obviously wasn't beta testing! ? :(

• Like Like x 2