Your Biggest Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Jun 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Hey...! Leave the felines out of this caper...! It's not the fault of any cats....! The cats didn't complain - they're just doing their own thang....!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I don’t think most people have a problem with the idea of a TSW2. If it enhances the simulation and allows the implementation of some of the the features that the community has been begging for then great. I think what grates with some people such as myself, is that DTG are effectively binning the last two years worth of DLC and for those who have bought a lot of it, it works out at quite an investment. None of the new features will work with them at launch and there is even a suggestion that bug fixing won’t be supported on older content at all after 6th August and for what, some minor graphical improvements? If DTG said look, we need to upgrade to a better game engine in 4.23 as it will allow us to do x, y and z, and we will be working hard over the next few months to get your current collection to work with the improvements, then that would be great but they’re not. It’s obviously possible as CSX heavy haul and the DB Talent 2 will work with the new features.

They’re basically saying that all content bought up until now is worthless, just like EA do every year when they bring out a new FIFA title.

Remember that DB 185 you bought? Well you can forget about using it next to the ICE3 out of Aachen. And thinking of using the electrostar to populate the WCML next to the Bakerloo line? Well tough, you can’t! A lot of us thought that by investing in TSW DLC that we were building a collection and would at least have the prospect of using the stock on other routes in the future. I spoke to Matt a couple of years ago at the Ally Pally model railway show and he specifically said, that was the plan, to get users to build up their collection which could then be used on other routes.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They could have access to it. Third parties do have access to it.

4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

4571BFF0-3172-4C6A-BCFA-9A411D0DAAA3.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Hahaha. That’s brilliant! Where did you get that screengrab? And why is digital draftsman no longer of this forum? His posts were always thoughtful.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

He was full of hate.

7. Anthony Pecoraro

8. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Maybe not but it's true!

• Like Like x 3
  9. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I’m gonna go with the fact that by “Hate” you mean, valid and informative criticism. Because your credibility (aside from repeating what you read in favor of your “Most favoritest game everrrr”) is shot.

Also, weren’t you banned from TSC for making transphobic remarks or something of that nature? Or is that just rumor?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Uhh, doing research on what the potential buyers actually want is one of the most importent steps in creating a product to make it successful, you know that, right? If you fail to do that, and give the product features that people don't even want, then you've just wasted resources and effort on nothing, while likely also losing costumers. Pretty much what happened in TSW with the useless Mastery system and Journey mode (they're both pretty much useless).

DTG did not reach a plateau with TSW, they're just charging you for an update and try to make you believe it's a new game. It's not. It's a separate release, but it's still the same game with small improvements. Don't get me wrong, I would happily pay for an update as long as it's good. But currently TSW2 doesn't offer much, especially because the new features don't even work on the old routes. If they did, then I'd say it's a great update, but in it's current form it's disappointing.

Yeah let's remember when TSW first released with ONE route. Then also let's remember when Rail Simulator (the game that started it all in) released in 2007, 13 years ago, with THREE routes (all of them proper length, I beleive) and an editor from day one. So now it takes TSW several years to re-release again with three routes, with one of those being an old route re-relased, and still no editor. Please try to explain to me how this is not disappointing.

• Like Like x 8
  11. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Very bad decision for us rail enthusiasts. To release tsw2 and basically to lock out older content from tsw is really smack in the face. Old locos wagons coaches should be able to be put on the new routes. If like this it will never have the diversity that we are hoping for. Also should we expect that every two three years new tsw will come out. So that always has to start from the beginning. It's shameful.

I think that it's because they have a sweet spot for the dlc releases. Track length and all the content. Then every route that comes out has almost the same features because that it can be pushed on that target time frame. Anything more would prolong the dlc release even if that is the proper testing. Not to mention introducing some new features in terms of real rail procedures.

So without introducing new features or improving existing ones it always feels like the same old content. So new routes almost always have the same features as older ones. That is the past experience of their policy. But then every new dlc feels like the same old one except for the different landscape. But train simulation is not about just pretty landscapes but also about realistic and engaging rail procedures. This is where this whole thing feels sad because it has the potential, but people soon get bored of it. Because there is no effort to introduce new stuff like for example dynamic weather. Or they will introduce dynamic clouds in tsw2. Does it mean that we should wait for tsw3 to get dynamic weather or station announcements, but at the same time to lose every single content that we bought prior to that. Ridiculous.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  12. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

There is some truth in the reusing of routes. The LIRR contains 103 collectables instead of 100 because someone forgot to take some out as they used a part of the NEC route.

I know it's easier and time saving to copy and paste (that's why it was created) but it explains why so many of the routes feel so similar.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Locking this thread to summarise. Thank you all for your contributions.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.