Mastery Broken On Xbox One

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BBIAJ, Oct 30, 2019.

1. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Mastery stat tracking is completely broken on Xbox One.

It shows that there are 0/0 challenges to be tracked, the website doesn't track any completed challenges, and on top of this, the GWE diorama shows up as selectable, despite being impossible to unlock due to the stat tracking being utterly broken, and it can't be chosen anyway.

I mentioned this in several posts on Twitter, none of which were acknowledged, so I moved it over here to be ignored instead.

IMG_e3813435-2235-49c0-aaa6-2b6ed90679c4.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I've never seen this screen before, how do you get this?

3. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

Where is this screen on Xbox? How do I access it? Cheers bro.

4. roggek

roggek Active Member

You have to "enable" Dovetail Live on your XBox (with your email and password). Then it shows up next time you start the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Make sure you're logged into Dovetail Live in the game, close the game down, then boot it back up again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zane88

zane88 Active Member

I did this but it still didn't work for me.
    I rather not waste my time with this anyway.

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You'd rather not waste your time with it, but you've spent some time trying to do it, just to confirm you don't want to do it? If you decide you do want to do it after all, you can try looking at the Mastery page on the Dovetail Live page of the website, where it lists your mastery and recent stats. Then you can at least see if it's pulling the info through from your game correctly.

8. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

I’m having the same problem. Tried a few of the challenges on GWE . Nothing is tracking . The reach 120 mph and a tutorial. Nothing is getting registered

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Have you definitely got Dovetail Live active? Check there's not an option to reactivate it from the Settings page.

10. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

I definitely have my account activated. I went through deactivating it and restarting the game . Then logging in again with my email and password. Still nothing.
    Why release something that’s broken . It’s a welcome update but it’s frustrating that it don’t work .

11. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Yup can confirm. As mentioned in the Dovetail Live Article post aswell, its not tracking anything.

One of the biggest jokes is:
    You get that screen everytime you start the game but cant press a Button to get to it ingame.
    So in fact if you want to see if your progress have tracked (which it currently doesnt) you would:
    - Need to go to the DTL Website (https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/profile/mastery)
    - Restart the game.

Really cant get my head around the fact no one seemed to have thought about adding a simply tab to the menu where you can go to get to the "Challenges" again.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  12. xD 2Bad4You

Just did a Tutorial on GWE again and now it counted. So they might have found the switch to turn it on in the backend. I would give it a try again now

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Try this on your Dovetail live website profile. Click on your profile name in the top right corner. Then select console to connect to. Im trying it now.

14. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Does it still display 0/0 Mastery when you boot up, as I'm still seeing that myself?

15. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Just tried that after you suggested it, boot up screen is still reading 0/0, will see if anything tracks on Dovetail Live.

16. xD 2Bad4You

It really seems to be a bit of a hit and miss. I´ve got the tutorial to count, did a Service with the 166 and got it to count towards the "Complete 10 services". But I´ve leveled up with the 166 doing so and this hasnt progressed.

17. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have a tutorial tracked on Dovetail Live, attempting to hit 120 MPH now.

18. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Can confirm this one isn't tracking for me.

19. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

None of it so far is tracking for me. All 0/0 on the in game screen too. I tried a tutorial, and a service with the HST, which included reaching 120 mph.

I'm going to test it with a new profile character, see if that does anything.

UPDATE - This time it did track the tutorial completion. I'll give a service a go.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying the new profile thing!

I already had to do that to pop the tutorial achievement on Trans-pennine route I think it was

• Like Like x 1
  21. Ensor42

I completed another service just now, this time with my main profile, and it tracked both the service completion and the 120 mph reached, so it looks like they fixed something their end. Looks promising, anyway!

• Like Like x 2
  22. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

How soon after hitting 120mph did it track for you? Once you hit it, or after finishing the scenario? I'm still struggling with that one myself, although I noticed that it is tracking correctly on the stats screen on boot up with regards to completing a tutorial.

23. Ensor42

I couldn't say exactly. I just checked the site right after completing the service, and it was there. After that, I did a few levels in the 166, and that too was tracked.

I'll be interested to see what happens when all of the tier 1 criteria have been met, what with it showing the reward already unlocked, but not selectable.

24. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Still not working on my X1X. Even after a restart and for the LIRR, I've completed most of them anyways.

Funny enough, I can order weapons in RDR2 and have then delivered in the game from anywhere on the app. Definitely something broken on their end.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  25. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

It seems to be tracking fine for me now, both on Xbox One X at boot up, and on the website, I'm seeing results for hitting 120mph, completing a tutorial (I just did the very first one where you ride as a passenger, and watch a highlights video), and completing a Service.

Hopefully it begins working for you soon too.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  26. xD 2Bad4You

I tried the 120MPH one today and it tracked that aswell. Still havent got any progress on the 166 Level ups despite having level up´ed twice so far with it

27. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

Seems like today some things are tracking . I did a high speed trip on the GWR it registered as a trip completed but not the 120mph .
    Hopefully it will be sorted soon

28. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Iv got nothing on mastery about to give up hope.what a disaster for DTG iv tried everything and notes recorded.

29. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Mastery is broken in more ways than one.

I've completed Tier 1 Reward for the Northern Trans-Pennine route, yet instead of unlocking anything for it, I am instead stuck with a reward for Great Western Express, which I didn't earn, and seemingly can't turn on or off even if I wanted to!

And still Dovetail continue to ignore the issue, and this thread...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Ensor42

Pretty much the same here.

I did complete the tier 1 Great Western goals, and the diorama for that is now usable for me, but having now done the Northern Trans-Pennine ones, some of which took several attempts to register, I see no selection available for the reward in the dioramas menu.

The whole endeavour was not helped either, by the tendency for the game to crash STILL at the Manchester end of the route.

Anyway, I'm not inclined to keep going for the goals until there is actually a point to doing them.

• Like Like x 1
  31. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed how when going for the Gain 5 Levels challenge, it ignores going from level 4 to 5, meaning you actually have to get to level 6, thus gaining 6 levels in the process, in order for it to count 5 total?

• Like Like x 1
  32. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

I'm guessing you missed this post?

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  33. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Indeed I did, because I only have this thread open on the forum, to keep my limited tabs down to a minimum.

Glad to know it has been acknowledged and escalated accordingly though, assuming that includes things like the borked leveling up and broken rewards?

Looking forward to when it hopefully all works as it should!

34. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Ah ok - my fault for not posting in this thread too, sorry about that.

It is very much under investigation and I did raise some of the issues mentioned in this thread this morning just in case they were different to those mentioned in the other thread (it wasn't). I'm hoping to get an update soon and will certainly drop into both threads to let everyone know where we are.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  35. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Appreciate it, thanks!

• Like Like x 1