Tsw 2 Upcoming 'rush Hour' Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Running express just from Gatwick to Victoria (non-stop) takes about 30 minutes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I watched some videos and yes it looks like a full GX run from London - Brighton takes 45-50 minutes

• Like Like x 2
  3. vogelm10

vogelm10 Well-Known Member

This package is going to shut my complaints up for a bit on here. The London to Brighton line is great looking! Finally I can drive in London and see some actual city and not just tunnels!

I really hope they do major graphics overhall on the Boston line, it looked super dated the video I saw.

Haven't even thought about the German line....I just wish we'd get an East German line with some of the Hl signals. Ks and Hp are fun but I know them, I want to learn something new.

• Like Like x 2
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly don't Gatwick Express also run some services through to Brighton? I'm assuming they only stop at Gatwick- how long do those journeys take? If I remember rightly the fast Southern services take a little longer than an hour, but those stop at more key stations like Clapham Junction and East Croydon, again, if I'm remembering it right. I haven't been on this line in a couple of years.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wtl

Wtl New Member

OK guys so I just found out 3 new routes will be included in rush hour. I think there's still a little bowl of hope for DTG. One is from London to Brighton. One is from Boston to provedance and the final one is from bahnstrecke riesa to dresden.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wtl

Wtl New Member

Unfortunately though, the new routes they are making have the same rolling stock we already have. Boston to provedance uses the one used in northeast corridor (don't know the name) the German route uses the BR442. And London to Brighton uses the 377 and 387. Ik the 387 is different, but its roughly the same, only with iron board looking seats, more tables and can go faster

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Gatwick Express does serve Brighton. I’d expect it takes 15-20 minutes to get between Brighton and Gatwick, so around 45-50 minutes in total.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. vogelm10

Since we don't have Amtrak here on TSW2 I'm actually super okay with it being recycled!

• Like Like x 1
  9. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The slow Southern services can take over an hour to run from London to Brighton

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. vogelm10

Oooooh Hl signals!!!!! Yay! This is going to be awesome!!!

With it being so cheap I am good paying 10 per new line and not having new equipment. It seems like a really smart way to justify paying an extra little bit for dlc locos later on. I just hate paying 30 for one route with all the same rolling stock. If that's going to be their system going forward I'd gladly pay for add on locos!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well some would probably use scenario planner to complete the journey on the 387

• Like Like x 1
  12. Coastway trainspotter

I’m not sure if it was recycled

13. tallboy7648

They do the same thing for the annual ts (railworks) update as well and it works like a charm. You get the update for free and if you want the 3 core routes for that cycle of the year you spend $24.99 if you dont own all three or just may be intrested in them

14. tallboy7648

Which shows dtg isn't exactly short on cash which some think is the case. For a small company like theirs, that's alot of money

15. vogelm10

It's so cheap I feel like everyone will buy this.

What I wonder is if we ever will get a dual country line in the future....I'd love some cross border routes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think the model will be recycled but the implementation will have had to be redone - I'm no expert on American trains though.

• Like Like x 2
  17. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

The reason they can afford to sell 3 routes for the price of one is because of anticipated sales. More people will buy rush hour than other individual DLCs because it’s cheaper. More buyers = more profit. They did the same with the base TSW 2020 and TSW2 packages. It’s also the reason loco DLC are 2/3 the price of routes. It’s not because more effort goes into it, it’s because less people will buy loco DLCs than route DLCs. Less buyers = less profit.

• Like Like x 2
  18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Greta would be so pleased with all the recycling going on at DTG Towers now! :cool:

• Like Like x 8
  19. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

Another question btw.: Has somebody goy any informations about the HBL stream this week?
    So the Raulfan TV hasn’t been uploaded yet and all we know is the Rush Hour stream tomorrow

20. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Today is a Bank Holiday (Public Holiday) in the UK, so it won't be posted today. Tomorrow is also the Roadmap stream, not a Rush Hour stream.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think they are off today.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think that's DTGs strategy on this one, generate massive sales, an possibily draw people into different kinds of gameplay (for example getting a German player interested in British 3rd rail EMUs), getting them more sales for normal DLC in the long run.

I actually made three suggestions for those :).

1. Dresden-neustadt - Děčín
    2. Luxembourg - Trier
    3. Hengelo - Osnabrück
    I think the first one in particular could be really fun.

• Like Like x 2
  23. vogelm10

Oh man.....the Czech signal system would be a beast to learn. I know it follows OssHD standards but that would be genuinely difficult without a guide!

• Like Like x 2
  24. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If they wanted 5 routes then Appenweier-Strasbourg together with Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway. If DTG wanted Rush Hour features on those crossborder routes what will happen to those two routes is this. At Strasbourg Station Ter A11 to Offenburg goes first then ICE DB BR407 towards Frankfurt then the one behind it is another Ter A11 Offenburg and a BB370000 freight locomotive. For Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway you probably get something like this HRR DB BR425 towards Hagen via Bochum & Witten proceeds first then a DB BR189 Iron Ore Train goes next followed by a Abellio NS ET25 train. If Main Spessart Bahn is owned a DB BR146 dosto Train will be behind an Abellio NS ET25. followed by a DB BR151 Iron Ore train that needs NS6400 locomotives at Emmerich towards Rotterdam.

25. vogelm10

Strasbourg would make my day...did a study abroad program there for a month.

26. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Have you been on the route I mentioned Appenweier-Strasbourg Railway. If so tell me how is the rush hour services like. For me I see it like a North America Style Rush Hour service.

27. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I just looked at the wireframe. Dude that building is a joke. It's a straight textured box, none of the details have been modeled. Considering that this is right next to the player's camera as he drives through the station, that's pretty bad.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm sort of hoping for that as well. Not expecting it, but certainly hoping for it to be the case. It would be amazing if they fixed the ATC on LIRR and give it a proper timetable.

29. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Because a picture says a thousand words:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The building in question has material labeled "MI_WaitingRoomOld_01", and as you can see above, is 10 Triangles. The whole station as pictured is 3576 Tris, which for a large structure, is nothing. Granted, the canopies and platforms aren't included, but still. Also, I'm pretty sure it's straight out of TSXXXX, all they did was add some extra details (I saw extra beams under the canopy for example), but fundamentally, it looks like the same old structure as in TSXXXX. I didn't really verify, but I don't really need to as seen above.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So do you think theres any chance the amtrak metrolink cab car might also come with the ACS-64?

31. jolojonasgames

If I were you, I wouldn't expect it, that way if there is a surprise, it will be a positive one. I didn't own NEC on TSW 2020, but would love this one to come with the cab car. I really hope DTG is feeling generous and can reuse the cab car from NEC without too much work.

Maybe we'll get some answers on that in the roadmap stream after the announcement tomorrow, though I honestly don't expect them until we're closer to the release.

32. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's gross revenue. Net revenue, i.e. profit, is a very different and much much smaller number

• Like Like x 4
  33. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I've been told that the Amtrak cabcar doesn't run on this part of NEC in real life. So most likely no, it will not come for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

Well, except you have to account for taxes, employee wages, the costs of running and maintaining an office, route research and development costs, licensing and a whole host of other costs I haven't even thought of. It's not as simple as 'here's a million pounds go have some fun.' Making games is really damned expensive.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

How do trains turn at the South Boston Station then?

36. Coastway trainspotter

Maybe the ACS-64 uncouples from the carriages then goes to the other end ?

37. ZeenozPlays

I'm not sure if that is possible at that station. It is a terminal station, with the tracks ending at the end of the platform.

• Like Like x 1
  38. solicitr

"At Boston South Station, the balloon track for turning trains faces the bumpers, and is on a branch that Amtrak normally only uses to get to its yards and shops. So, to turn a South Station train, you back all the way from the station, down the branch, around the loop, through the train washer, and back to the station!"

You drive right by the turnaround loop on I-93.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. Coastway trainspotter

Oh , not sure then

40. ZeenozPlays

Ah, seems like an interesting maneuver. Wonder if it'll be like this in-game.

• Like Like x 2
  41. solicitr

Well, HMA has depot-train wash runs.

• Like Like x 1
  42. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I mean, it kinda *has* to be, if you think about it- they can't just flip the trains around magically in service mode, after all, and they have to leave the station in the other direction *some*how

• Like Like x 3
  43. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

This is very interesting. I’m happy to see that DTG are keeping the polygon count down to ensure good performance, while still improving the textures used on any models that were also used on a previous version or the route, and adding elements where absolutely necessary. It makes perfect commercial sense and allows for longer routes to be produced at an acceptable price point. They produce excellent stuff.

It’s a shame that people will dissect their work to such a degree to complain that buildings aren’t being modelled to higher standards, despite them actually looking perfectly fine for the product produced. Ideally, we would all love for DTG to spend much longer making ever more intricate station buildings and we wouldn’t mind paying £100 - £200 per route for all that extra work as we all have incredibly expensive and powerful gaming computers to render these high polygon structures quickly as we whizz through a station without lowering the frame-rate below 60 fps. We’re so incredibly rich.

Actually I’ve changed my mind. If the unemployed experts at home can change a few textures for the current product on PC and claim godlike status, I’m sure a development company can do it as standard, even keeping within the tight commercial constraints and performance limits of all the platforms they develop for. Come on DTG, what do you think you are playing at? Ten triangles? How do you sleep at night?

• Like Like x 10
  44. jolojonasgames

Sounds like a really fun service in timetable mode, I hope they add it. It could possibily also be used in a scenario.

45. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So Far the Dovetail Team haven't said anything about the leak so most likely its tomorrow, They probably don't know what to say to us

• Like Like x 1
  46. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe that's the way it's done. Not under their own power though, I would think, unless catenery has been installed recently.
    That would be a fun movement to watch, if it's modeled.

47. solicitr

What can they say? They can't admit it's true before tomorrow, and if they were going to call it a hoax they would have already.

• Like Like x 3
  48. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

F40 CAT-3 Passenger/Commuter train if i remember correctly doesn't that train use a cab car?

I guess the F40 CAT-3 Could also be used to move the ACS 64 around unelectified sections of track.

49. jolojonasgames

From a quick look on Google maps, it does seem like there is catenery in place currently.

• Like Like x 1
  50. vogelm10

This was back in 2007.....but yes that was the line I took to get to Germany. If you check google the stations have schedules listed.