Riesa - Leipzig: The Next Missing Link (with Ice-t, Ic2 And Talent 2)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, May 5, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

119 vote(s)
    93.0%
  2. Maybe, if it's on sale

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. No

3 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, in light of the recent announcement of Riesa - Dresden with Rush Hour, I'd like to suggest the next missing link. Matt mentioned in a stream this week, that DTG wasn't actively working on route mergers, but they did keep it in mind. If this route ever comes it could connect Rapid Transit and Riesa - Dresden, and could extend even further east into the Czech Republic with my Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín suggestion, which I suggest you'd check out too! Then these 4 routes could make a great network, including both parts of the S-bahn Mitteldeutschland, S-bahn Dresden, IC, ICE, RE and lots of freight traffic. However, this route would only make sense if mergers do come to TSW. There is a discussion about what Matt said about route mergers in the PC subforum, check it out here.

[​IMG]
    Leipzig Hbf

Contents
    • The route
      • General description
      • Services
    • Rolling stock
      • What comes with the route?
        • ICE-T (BR 411)
        • IC2 (BR 146.5 with IC2 coaches)
        • S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2 (BR 1442)
      • Possible DLC options
        • BR 193 Vectron (Captrain, DB or MRCE)
        • BR 189 (DB or MRCE)
      • Layers
    • Final words
    • Pictures

The route

[​IMG]
    General description
    This route runs from Riesa to Leipzig Hbf, one of the major stations in the east of Germany. It runs into Leipzig both from the north, into the main hall, and from the south, through the already well known City-Tunnel. The route has a length of 75 km including the southern approach to Leipzig Hbf, and a top speed of 200 km/h. It features large freight yards at Riesa and Leipzig-Engelsdorf (where there is also an old loco storage yard, at the former Reichsbahnausbesserungswerk) which allow for freight services on this route, but also on Rapid Transit if the routes are ever merged. The S3 line of the S-bahn Mitteldeutschland extends all the way to Oschatz, just before Riesa. The splitting of the lines in Leipzig assures that the line will be very varied around that area especially. Additionally, the line that connects Leipzig Messe to Leipzig Engelsdorf should also be included, even though it's not drawn in on my route map due to it being more important for Rapid Transit. This line would give Rapid Transit frieght trains acces to the Engelsdorf yard, allowing for freight services on this route. Adittionally, it would see some short S-bahn services.

A cab ride from Leipzig to Dresden via Riesa.

Services
    This route features S-bahn, RE, IC and ICE services, which are listed below. For now I haven't included all the S-bahn lines that run from Leipzig Hbf to Stötteritz, as these run on this route for only a short distance and are thus of little importance, but I might do so later. However, with the S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2 and layers, the area around Leipzig should be very busy with AI, as should Riesa to some extent.

ICE 50
    (from Dresden Hbf and Dresden Neustadt) Riesa Leipzig Hbf (onwards to Erfurt)
    Every 2 hours
    Rolling stock: ICE-T

IC 55
    (from Dresden Hbf and Dresden Neustadt) Riesa Leipzig Hbf (onwards to Halle (Saale) Hbf)
    Every 2 hours
    Rolling stock: IC2, perhaps a few operated by the BR 101 as replacement

S3
    (from Leipzig-Gohlis) – Leipzig Hbf (tief) – Leipzig Markt – L-Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz – L-Bayerischer Bahnhof – Leipzig MDR – L-Völkerschlachtdenkmal – Leipzig-Stötteritz – L-Anger-Crottendorf – L-Engelsdorf – Borsdorf – Gerichshain – Machern (Sachs) – Altenbach – Bennewitz – Wurzen – Kühren* – Dahlen (Sachs)* – Oschatz*
    Every 30 min
    Rolling Stock: S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2, BR 182 with Dostos
    *Only goes to Kühren, Dahlen and Oschatz a few times per day

RE 50
    (from Dresden, Radebeul Ost , Priestewitz) Riesa – Oschatz – Wurzen – Borsdorf – L-Engelsdorf – Leipzig
    Every hour
    Rolling Stock: VVO Talent 2, BR 146 or 182 with VVO Dostos

Rolling Stock

What comes with the route?

ICE-T (BR 411)
    [​IMG]

The ICE-T is a tilting high-speed EMU, the BR 411 has 7 coaches. It has a top speed of 230 km/h, making it the slowest of the electric ICEs. It was initially designed to replace IC services on slower curving lines, where it's tilting ability could increase speeds and decrease travel time. All ICE-Ts are named after a German city, it would be good to see this implemented, linked to the correct numbers. On this route, it operates the ICE 50 line, and usually does so in double traction. More info on wikipedia.

IC2 (BR 146.5 with IC2 coaches)
    [​IMG]

The IC2 name encompasses three train types, the BR 146.5 with IC Dostos, The BR 147 with IC Dostos and the Stadler KISS units purchased from the Austrian Westbahn. This suggestion will include the first, the BR 146.5 with IC Dostos. These IC 2 sets are supposed to replace the BR 101 hauled Intercities on lines with lower maximum speeds. They are made up by a loco (BR 146.5) and 5 Dosto cars, with a cab car on one end. These IC2 sets have a max speed of 160 km/h and operate the IC 55 line (which also runs on my Köln-Wuppertal suggestion). More info on wikipedia.

[​IMG]
    The Dosto cab car of the IC2.

S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2 (BR 1442)
    [​IMG]

Even though the Talent 2 from the S-bahn Mitteldeutschland network is already in game, it could be included again, as an updated version, with this route, operating the S-bahn services. The Talent 2 currently in game for Rapid Transit lacks PIS (and will still do after the preserved collection update) and is noticably older than other rolling stock, so including it in this pack while bringing it up to date could be a very good option. If DTG really wanted to set this apart from the RT Talent 2, they could add the 4-car variant.

DLC

BR 193 Vectron (Captrain, DB or MRCE)
    [​IMG]

The Vectron, the latest platform from Siemens, has many operators in Germany, and many variants. For this route it could come operating for CapTrain, MRCE or DB, because all of these operators use the BR 193 in this area. The Vectron has a top speed of 160 or 200 km/h depending on the variant. The Vectron can be seen a lot in this area due to the precense of the Czech border, which it can cross easily due to it's multisystem capabilities. It could provide fun freight services to this route, and layer/substitute on many other routes. It is one of the most requested German freight locos, and would be really fun to see. More info on wikipedia.

I've also included the ČD Vectrons used on international services in my Dresden-Neustadt - Děčín suggestion, check that one out if you're interested in Vectrons.

[​IMG]
    A MRCE Vectron

[​IMG]
    A DB Vectron

BR 189 (MRCE or DB)
    [​IMG]

The BR 189 is another German multisytem freight locomotive. It was built by Siemens as a further developement of the EuroSprinter platform, with the first loco's being deliverd in 2003. Like the Vectron, it's multisystem capabilities lead to it's high precense in the area. In game it can also layer onto many other German routes, as it can be seen all throughout Germany. Alternatively, this loco can come in MRCE livery (which I think looks better), as shown below, for more variety.
    More info on wikipedia (German)

[​IMG]
    Two MRCE BR 189s

Layers

As always, modern Germans routes can see a lot of layers from other routes and loco add-ons already in game. I've listed the options belos.

Passenger:

• VVO Talent 2 (BR 442): The Talent 2 coming with Riesa - Dresden can operate the rest of the RE 50 services on this route.
    • BR 182 with DB Regio Dostos: Operating additional S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Services around Leipzig.
    • BR 146, BR 143, BR 182, BR 112 with VVO Dostos: operating additional RE 50 services
    • DB BR 101 with IC coaches: operating some IC services, though this might be difficult due to the lack of a cab car. The DB BR 101 with cab car could also be re-released for this route optionally. Could also provide AI.
    Freight:
    • BR 143/155/182 (DB and MRCE)/185 (DB and MRCE)/187/232: all current and future German freight locomotives can run freight services along the route.
    • BR 363/204/Vossloh G6: These locos can do shunting work in the freight yards at Riesa and Leipzig-Engelsdorf. I've also made a suggestion for these to layer onto Riesa - Dresden too.

Final Words
    Riesa - Leipzig could be a very fun route, that if route mergers ever come to TSW (which I really do hope) could provide players with longer services if they want to play these. With the two approaches into Leipzig Hbf it is really interesting, and when merged could finally add Leipzig Hbf's main hall to Rapid Transit (possibly also allowing for more services on that route). There is also the option of this route coming with the 5-car VVO talent 2, which could add more variety, but as the 3-car coming with Riesa - Dresden will be fully up to date I've omitted that option for now. I'd like to hear your thoughts and suggestions :).

Pictures
    [​IMG]
    An ICE-T at Leipzig Hbf

[​IMG]
    An IC2 at Riesa

[​IMG]
    An ICE-T and BR 155 drive into Riesa together

[​IMG]
    A VVO Talent 2 (which will be layered from Riesa - Dresden) as RE 50 towards Dreden in Leipzig Hbf, this example has a rather fogged up destination display.

[​IMG]
    Another VVO Talent 2 in Leipzig Hbf.

[​IMG]
    Shunting work at the Leipzig-Engelsdorf freight yard. As you can see, a BR 363 layer here would be great (although the V60 on the foreground is a BR 362, which has slight differences).

[​IMG]
    An IC2 at Leipzig Hbf (tief)

[​IMG]
    An ICE-T in the Leipzig CityTunnel

[​IMG]
    A S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2 in the Leipzig CityTunnel

Some trainspotting in Leipzig Hbf (tief) by BergfelderVideos780

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 58
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For the Red Talent 2 perhaps either Riesa-Dresden or Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen gives the Red Talent 2 layers for this route. If you take over IC55 from this route it can have the option to boot RRO & your RWB suggestion if it's a Köln Bound service. On the other hand IC55 Dresden Bound will boot up Riesa-Dresden for you that's when DTG decided to link routes together

• Like Like x 1
  3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, I really want to have the ice T in the game because of the Tilting

• Like Like x 3
  4. elaineedwards2013

elaineedwards2013 Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion, especially Koln - Wuppertal. Two perfect suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

63358269-F1A7-4D93-9D67-EF5B63047311.gif
    Thank you for yet another amazing suggestion

• Like Like x 6
  6. johnjohn190690

johnjohn190690 Active Member

Great suggestion and really hope they will do merges if TSW2RH sells really well which I think it would why not go back and add extension. ICE T would like to see in game and hopefully it come sooner rather than later. TSW2 is upgrading to 4.26 so would routes merged even though all the routes as far released aren't 4.26? Not sure how it works

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'm gonna vote "no" in this poll. To me it simply looks like another modern German route with rolling stock that is identical or very similar to what we'll already get in Rush Hour.

8. jolojonasgames

Yeah, the main reason for this suggestion is that it rounds out RT and Riesa - Dresden, finally adding Leipzig Hbf's upper platforms and extending IC, ICE, RE and freight services while also connecting the two. The result of this is that it's 'just' more of those two routes. I still think the freight oppertunities, new rolling stock (mainly the ICE-T) and the two approaches into Leipzig with the main hall included make the route fun and interesting, but I can understand your point of view very well too. Without route mergers this route to me wouldn't make sense either.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Then why are you suggesting it xD

10. jolojonasgames

Because mergers aren't impossible ;).

(Based on matts comments about them in the roadmap stream)

11. drnicktgm#1259

Why impossible, you have made a good suggestion how merging could work, an otherwise, they could just add the two routes together, it would be like making a new route, but spending time on doing it is worth it

12. jolojonasgames

It wouldn't even nearly be as much work as a new route. No new assets and scenery have to be developed, timetables can be partially reused, signalling and pathing is already done except for the section where the routes meet, no new rolling stock except of they choose for it. It would truly be worth DTG's time and effort.

• Like Like x 1
  13. driverwoods#1787

Excellent idea and if they Implement mergers provided you stay on the IC2 DB BR 146.5 / DB BR 147 which can be made by modifying Skyhook games DB BR187 for Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen you should be able to boot up route two routes from this westbound towards Köln Rhein-Ruhr Osten but Eastbound Riesa-Dresden towards Dresden Hbf. Also boot up of Rhein-Ruhr Osten and Riesa-Dresden is dependent if you own those routes. Better yet is combining this route with RRO and Riesa-Dresden as the IC55 Pack.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jolojonasgames

• Like Like x 2
  15. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I do like the suggestion, however. I believe that Leipzig Hbf is gonna be empty.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

Well, with a merger it will have both services North towards Bitterfeld and onwards, aswell as services east to Riesa and Dresden. This, together with some AI traffic in and out of Leipzig should hopefully do the trick. Keep in mind that Leipzig Hbf has a bit of overcapacity in real life too. The tunnel is already filled as is with RT's 2021 timetable.

Hopefully that won't be an issue (or at least not more of an issue than on existing routes).

• Like Like x 1
  17. drnicktgm#1259

This route would be great, and something where IC and ICE can drive 200km/h, but not only that, I'm a big fan of the ICE T and it fits pretty good on the route

• Like Like x 2
  18. ssw#2393

ssw#2393 New Member

Great suggestion! I hope to run IC service between Dresden-Leipzig

• Like Like x 3
  19. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'd love to have this route in the game. It would finally bring the IC2 and a tilting train (BR 411 - ICE-T) to the game. Also, it would be nice to see a possible merger of all three routes (Rapid Transit, this one - Riesa - Leipzig, and BRD), as it would allow for some cool, lengthy services.

• Like Like x 2
  20. kjeld.dejager

kjeld.dejager Active Member

it could work but then need in RT the Main station (not HBF tief) also build some trains turn there and then go via Bitterfeld to other destonations.
    But the idea is excellent.

21. driverwoods#1787

What it's going to do is make Leipzig Hbf approaches Busy one from Leipzig Riesa-Dresden Railway and the other being Leipzig Dessau Railway Rapid Transit. This route can fix the Silver DB BR442 by adding destination panels from the Red Versions Köln-Aachen & Riesa-Dresden. To make it realistic as possible they need automatic announcements done by Ingo Ruff.
    Here's Rapid Transit Leipzig City Tunnel announcements
    RE50 Leipzig Riesa-Dresden announcements

In addition to Rapid Transit Riesa-Dresden Ingo Ruff does the announcements on Rhein-Ruhr Osten & Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden & Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen
    RRO S8 Note All are from Kevin P

Main Spessart Bahn

Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen RE9

22. jolojonasgames

Interestingly enough, this exact proposed route, including both approaches to Leipzig Hbf, the ICE-T and the S-bahn Mitteldeutschland Talent 2 are being added to TS classic as an extension to Riesa - Dresden. I don't neccesarily think that means it'll come for TSW aswell, but one can hope.

• Like Like x 5
  23. driverwoods#1787

If that TS 22 route were to arrive in TSW 2 I expect that to be a bundle called Hauptstrecke Dessau-Leipzig Dresden because Riesa-Leipzig is the Missing link between Rapid Transit & Riesa Dresden

• Like Like x 1
  24. drnicktgm#1259

A complete connection of the routes would be hard, because of the memory problem but with the way how jolojonasgames suggested it, it could be possible if you have all routes you get after every ride a message if you want to continue and then you will be redirected to the next route

• Like Like x 1
  25. drnicktgm#1259

My only hope is, that we'll get if the route would come or any other German route would come to TSW, that we would get new trains than only the same locos all the time

26. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see this route being added as an extension to the Dresden-Reisa route.

27. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

I think instead of worrying about missing announcements - maybe we need the Il-62 next to the line in Leipzig's suburbs :)

28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

We've often seen in the past that things that were originally developed for the TS made the leap to TSW. The latest example is the "Horseshoe Curve" arriving today. With the ability to simulate tiliting technology in simugraph, as we've already seen with the BR612, the ICET would be a hot candidate for a next tilting train. Above all, it can replace the ICE3M which goes to Dresden Hbf. I also wolud like to see Leipzig Hbf (the upper part with its station halls) and a lot of traffic around. In RT it looks quiete empty and some defining buildings are missing, like the town hall tower or the university tower. The wishes of the community are usually addressed, so wait and vote diligently.

By the way very impressive how much photo and research material is in this thread, a true treasure trove for devs! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  29. jolojonasgames

Thanks! Me and the other people in this thread do our best. I'd be more than happy to help DTG with research on any of my suggested routes (especially the Dutch ones as I can actually go to them and take pictures etc.).

• Like Like x 2
  30. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

Hopefully it would be possible to use the S-Bahn Mitteldeutschland 1442 on RT as Substitution, the RT version is quite bugged.

31. driverwoods#1787

You mean the 4 carriages version two of those are 8 carriages. Bundle Wise this can be sold as Hauptstrecke Dessau-Leipzig-Riesa-Dresden. The 4 carriage version of 1442 can substitute on S3 to Tharandt on Dresden Chemnitz Werdau Line.