What Will Come After Roush Hour?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

once roush hour and the truro and penzance route come out .......... what's next in the game?

To be able to vary a little, I would like to see a different country ..... something like Japan, Italy, Spain .......

• Like Like x 1
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Probably one of the loco dlcs. Route wise it will probably be back in the 'big 3' countries of TS(W).

• Like Like x 2
  3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

I'll ask my glass sphere what will come next, just wait a few months until it got the answer :D

• Like Like x 5
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Maybe the LGV Perpignan-Barcelona (Dovetail Games abbreviation might be CLR which is LGV Catalonia Languedoc-Roussillon). That way Spain is introduced and give LGV Mediterranean Line Avignon-Marsellie the Ave S100 at Marseille Saint Charles 08:06 15:45 Madrid Atocha arrival stops at Provence then Perpignan Figures Girona and Barcelona Sants. Gives access to Le Soler Freight Yard it's where Renfe 252 locomotives end and replaced by a BB22200 BB27000 & 15kv 16.7hz Sifa PZB Capable BB37000.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. lukas#1835

lukas#1835 Active Member

Hopefully S-Bahn Berlin.

• Like Like x 4
  6. steamfan#1309

steamfan#1309 Well-Known Member

Steam engines, hopefully. If not then I hope a CLASSIC American passenger route.

• Like Like x 4
  7. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

Personally, when the Spirit of Steam Update comes out, I want to see a GWE in Steam Era, even if it is only a Loco Pack like Diesel Legends

8. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jolojonasgames

On the topic of different countries, I think there are many that would fit the Rush Hour concept quite well, without being too much like the Rush Hour routes we already have (thus bringing a lot of variety to the game). The Netherlands, Switzerland and Japan all have densely packed railways, and the area around Paris has a lot of potential too (for all of those I have made suggestions, except Japan, do check out my signature below if you're interested ;)). Especially the Netherlands is a country I'd like to see, but I'm from there myself, although I do think it would be fun for all players due to the uniqueness of rolling stock and operations and the high frequency of services in all parts of the country.

Besides Rush Hour-like routes I think there are some other exciting possibilities, such as the oncoming Spirit of Steam, German Diesel routes, an UK East or West Coast Main Line and perhaps some more subway systems (even though they're not really what I'm into).

• Like Like x 2
  10. dasmith1

dasmith1 Active Member

Hopefully a dutch route will appear, possibly an italian route, Another London Underground route & maybe a Swedish route aswell.

• Like Like x 5
  11. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Chiltern mainline, north Clyde and Fife circle for uk routes. Then once the length of their routes expand the geml with its branches.

Something in Austria would be really nice

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Nothing has been confirmed, other than the Spirit of Steam being the next major theme/update after Rush Hour. Could easily take a year or more though. Before Spirit of Steam we'll probably see new routes and locos, the usual stuff...

Dream on. It's DTG. It'll very likely be the same old three countries they've done for decades. It's usually the third parties that venture outside of the main three, but it doesn't seem like DTG is making it easy for third parties to step into TSW.

14. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

There don't seem to be that many professional game developer studios interested in working as a 3rd party for TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  15. trainsimplayer

I don't think it's down to DTG. They do have 3rd parties working in the background, there have been plenty of hints Union Workshop are learning Unreal for TSW (i.e. Asian content), and Rivet, Skyhook and TSG are (obviously) already involved in making DLC. So I think it's down to the 3rd parties themselves. After all they do have to learn Unreal themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  16. jolojonasgames

I once discussed this in a thread too. There are some examples of DTG turning down or not responding to slightly smaller studios. It does seem DTG wants to stick with firmly established names, probably as DTG themselves are responsible for publishing.

Besides that having to learn unreal is a big step, but TSW is also more time intensive when it comes to modelling. I believe Maik from TSG once mentioned it was roughly ten times as much work to build a TSW loco compared to one in TS. I think that might also hold a lot of third parties back, definetely considering they can ask nearly the same for a TS loco instead, while that costs them a lot less work.

Overtime, as the TSW market expands, we hopefully will see more third parties too. In TS they're responsible for some of the best add-ons (and some of the worst in my opinion). At the very least I think third parties would bring more variety (such as new countries or types of routes, or very niche one-off trains such as the APT and perhaps experimental steam engines such as the Hush-Hush).

However, only time will tell, though I imagine they wont all stick with TS forever.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Train Simulator had a public editor. Anyone could make a route. Many did.
    Train Sim World has no public editor. It requires licensing to get access to it. That's an extra hurdle.
    And there have been stories that DTG isn't really cooperative to help smaller developers out getting started.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im still hoping we get some DLC locomotives for Clinchfield. The route is open for GP7s for local work, switchers for yard work, and new mainline power in either a U36C or SD45-2.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

Sure. In TS you could first try out your skills and once you know it, you could go the way to make the necessary paperwork for creating a business. For TSW you already need an established studio with all the paperwork done, before you get access to the TSW modified Unreal editor.

This means, you need to have money on the bank to pay for wages (and more) for a prolongued period of time, before you have a chance to see income through TSW. That is only manageable by established studios with previous titles/income streams. As far as I know DTG doesn't provide funding for 3rd parties.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Japanese Shinkansen would be great to see after rush hour and also a loco dlc for LGV like the Reseau or Atlantique

also the Acela for Boston Providence

• Like Like x 1
  21. jolojonasgames

I think that, and the ICE T for Riesa-Dresden are very likely to come as loco DLC. Especially as they're both tilting, meaning the technology for this can be developed for two add-ons at the same time (thus spreading costs across two add-ons).

• Like Like x 2
  22. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Are they true though? Are you just seeing one side of the story?

I can't see why DTG would turn down the chance to publish third party work unless they believed it was likely to be sub-standard or the third party in question was not willing to agree to certain conditions, which may or may not be fair enough.

• Like Like x 2
  23. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

I personally wish when rush hour does come that Dovetail will continue CSX's Keystone sub that they started all the way back at the launch of TSW2020 with Sand Patch, ever since I started Grinding out Sand Patch and finished the Main journey (now working on the C40-8W journey) I gained a Love for the route and wish for more CSX stuff, considering the GP40-2 will likely not come to TSW2 for a while, and NEC the only other route with CSX action will likely not come TSW2 for a while as well, the only option is a New CSX route ive seen plenty of Suggestions for them but i personally think Continuing from Rockwood along more of the Keystone Subdivision would be a great route to introduce more CSX Stuff.

24. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I’d like to see Just Trains for another Underground Route. Just Trains seem to be better at that kind of stuff with the Metropolitan line and the Virtual District Line

• Like Like x 2
  25. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Third parties would be cool to keep us busy. They could give us routes and then in the background DTG would make a fairly long route

• Like Like x 1
  26. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Let's hope for MTA commuter or subway in NYC, more London Underground or Berlin's U7.

27. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Like metro north Harlem line or lirr Babylon line?

28. k.matitsyn

k.matitsyn New Member

As a swedish train driver I would love to see a swedish route. And I would without a doubt help out dovetail with the swedish signalling system and safety & in-cab signalling if they need it. I would especially love to see the X2000 since its my favorite train to drive.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I’d love to see a Swedish route for its scenery but also the EBICAB700 which was used as a base model for our KVB system in France

30. driverwoods#1787

If they want a Spanish route that can give service to LGV Mediterranean Line Avignon-Marsellie then Perpignan-Barcelona Railway can work that way the end result is the high-speed line getting rush hour traffic around 08:05 in Marseille area the AVE S100 towards Madrid Atocha where it arrives at 15:45 being stuck behind a Paris Gare De Lyon Service or a Brussels Midi TGV Résau 4500 series service.

31. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Well one of the guys at Searchlight said they got contacted by DTG to try and get them to do sounds for Sand Patch. They replied, only for DTG to never reply back, and thus couldn't go further on the offer. Searchlight Sim have a fairly solid track record from what I've gathered, would be odd for them to lie about that. I know many others devs have had similar stores, not overly familiar with them, but I know they exist. At some point there's enough accounts from major enough places that it becomes reasonable to think it's more to it than one side being unreasonable..

• Like Like x 2
  32. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Its gone ever more downhill, DTG apparently contacted the same guy at SS again, and now he is just flat out refusing them. At least that's what's he saying on the TSC discord.
    aaaaaa.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

Services BR Class 375/9 and BR Class 465 Southeastern High Speed should acquire their finished form - we are waiting for the Chatham Main Line.

The release of the Cologne-Düsseldorf-Duisburg and Cologne-Solingen-Wuppertal routes cannot be postponed any longer. Are looking forward to.

Fits perfectly into the Rush Hour concept and is highly anticipated:
    -Metro New York
    - NJ Transit lines
    -expansion of LIRR and composition of DC30a

Finally, the suburban and urban lines of Berlin should appear.

• Like Like x 2
  34. trainsimplayer

You say these like they are actually making them. You can't release something you aren't making.

Again, Anticipated and requested are two different things. Also Extensions/Expansions are not going to happen for a long time if ever.

• Like Like x 3
  35. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

36. TheDutchGuy

TheDutchGuy Member

As the game is called Train Sim World, it would be nice to see some more of the world. Although I very much like most of the DLC that come out, I would love to see something Japanese or Chinese next. Something Asian at least. I remember when MSTS came out, it featured routes in Japan, United Kingdom, United States and Austria. I admit, the graphics were crappy if you look back on it now, but it sure featured more of the world at start in comparison to TSW. I know there are still travelling restrictions and such, which can be limiting for field work but with modern day technology something should be possible right?

• Like Like x 3
  37. matinakbary

Don't worry, it can. I have no interest in these routes. And nobody develops them. Or are you? If yes, then go on - please release them.

• Like Like x 4
  38. trainsimplayer

The "world" in Train Sim World is not in reference to being able to explore more of the world, it is "world" in the sense that you can walk around and interact with that world.

Also, as for Asian content, I agree it would provide good variety. Union Workshop (the 3rd party who made most of the Asian content for TS1) are believed to be learning how to work with unreal, so there's some hope for the future.

• Like Like x 3
  39. matinakbary

And it is world in the sense of the world of trains. Immerse yourself into the world of trains. Not into every train in the world.

• Like Like x 4
  40. jolojonasgames

Yes. I still would like to see more countries though, like the Netherlands, for which I have made two suggestions already :).

• Like Like x 2
  41. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

The definition of "world" in Train Sim World doesn't matter much. Fact is that many people would like to explore new countries.

I wasn't aware Union Workshop is learning Unreal. This is hopeful news. They did create some awesome stuff for Train Simulator.

• Like Like x 5
  42. driverwoods#1787

If that were to be the case they can do Hong Kong KCR East Rail because it has the same AWS System as GWML London Paddington to reading TVL GCC and Chatham Main Line SEHS Segment. The Tutorial will need to say please activate CTCS and AWS. CTCS is Chinese Train control system their version of ETCS found on Duisburg Oberhausen-Arnhem Railway Zenvaar-Emmerich 25kv 50hz section and HSL Zuid HSL 4 Amsterdam Antwerp Railway. For German routes Schnellfahrstrecke Leipzig Nürnberg via Erfurt and the currently under construction Schnellfahrstrecke Stuttgart Ulm eventually Hauptstrecke München Augsburg Ulm.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

driverwoods#1787
    please fix your quote. now it looks like I've said something I haven't said.

• Like Like x 2
  44. driverwoods#1787

I already fixed it

45. trainsimplayer

You do realise just because a route has a certain safety system doesn't mean they can or will make it.
    There are many barriers to overcome with a route like this
    1) Getting Information (Union Workshop would find this easier I'd imagine)
    2) Getting a License
    3) Getting to HK for the Sounds
    4) And, much more Hong Kong specific, would you want to be building a route in a place in societal turmoil? I know I wouldn't.

• Like Like x 2
  46. csxfan200000

csxfan200000 Member

Hey uh, mind if you ask the mods to unban me? I was banned for 2 or 3 years for being a idiot by posting invites back when i was a preteen. I've finally matured myself up and ready to comeback to join the TSC. My name is BlueRailz btw

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  47. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much he charged dtg

• Like Like x 2
  48. trainsimplayer

I'm more curious if there's any substance to the claims. The person in question has some quite, er- strong dislikes of other countries and would rather for a US First kinda focus, so I'm curious if anything is in it. So I'll just throw that in the mix.

• Like Like x 2
  49. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well if the person is recording sounds for U.S locomotives, than that wouldn't be a suprise that it is a u.s first focus

50. trainsimplayer

It's the way they happen to say it. I have my doubts, as they have a couple of characteristics that trolls might have.

• Like Like x 2