[download] My Liveries

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Jul 24, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, after posting some pictures on the creation centre forums, I got the request to share some of my liveries, so here we are :). Unfortunately there are some liveries that I'm for some reason not yet able to export, but below will be a list of downloads, with a picture of course ;). All of the liveries below require additional mods, so do check out the requirements on the TSC download site. I couldn't have made most of these liveries without trainsimcz's logo pack, so a massive thanks to him for his effort.

For installing (and exporting) liveries, the livery manager by Raging Lightning is required. This thread should have all you need to install it and get used to how it works. It includes both the download link and a tutorial video. There are also some useful replies that might offer help when you run into issues with the livery manager.

DB BR 363 810-3 in IC livery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

download link

I made this livery of 363 810-3, which was painted in this IC/ICE livery for it's duties at Maschen Depot in real life. I think it's a neat livery to see.

I haven't added all the writing on the grey area below the cab, but there is some stuff there (not that accurate though, a few more german loading and speed tables would be great). There are also warning shields on the exhaust between the windows, and on the opposite side of the cab (the ones with text are only in English though, I hope to see German ones someday). I've added a bit of simple light weathering, as the loco in real life isn't very dirty either (though I have seen one picture where it was). The railings were a bit finnicky to keep white, but with some use of the projection tool (just learned how useful that one is), it was alright, although some have been missed. Same deal for the roof, needed the projection tool for that, but once I used it it worked great. One issue is that the antenna on top of the cab is not repaintable in TSW, which means it stays gray, wile on the original it's the same light gray (practically white) as the rest of the loco.

Due to a bug I'm not yet able to play it in service mode :(.

BR 112 108-6 in Orientrot
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

download link

I made this livery of 112 108-6, which for a long time was painted in Orientrot (orient red), part of DB's 'Produktfarben' (product colours) liveries, which lasted from the mid '80s to the mid '90s. Again there's some light and simple weathering (a bit more than on the 363). I have done a bit on the roof below the pantograph, but it's hard to do with the current set of decals. A gradient version of the 'scratches' would be great for this purpose. The stairs below the headlight on the front also aren't repaintable, which is quite annoying as they are a brownish black on the original but stay blueish gray in TSW.

I have a huge love for this era of liveries, as both the coach liveries (Red lined with pink for IC, Blue lined with pastelblue for IR, Turqouise lined with pastelturquoise for RE/RB and Orange lined with salmon for S-bahn) and loco liveries (Orientrot with 'bib' (latz in German)) are very pleasing to the eye. But what makes this era truly great is that not all rolling stock was painted in the most up to date paint scheme. This lead to a situation where coaching stock was painted in a mix of produktfarben, old West-German blue/beige and red/beige (and silver/blue or silver/black for the n-Wagen), East-German green, green/ivory and yellow ivory. Locos meanwhile were even more chaotic. Engines could be seen in their original '50s cobalt blue and chromeoxide green, blue/beige (and red/beige for the BR 103 and some BR 110's), their old DR bordeaux red colours and the newer Orientrot scheme. When the current Traffic Red was intruduced in the late '90s, the situation was even more chaotic for a while, but by the mid 2000's (nearly) everything had gotten the well known Traffic Red livery. I have made two suggestions for routes from this era, the Saalebahn in the '90s and the Main-Weser- Bahn in the '90s, go check them out if these liveries interest you! :)

Habbiins 344 (multiple liveries)

Brown with DB AG logo
    [​IMG]

download link

Red/Metal with DB AG logo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A picture of the original

download link

Brown/Metal with DB AG logo
    [​IMG]

download link

Black/Blueish Gray/Metal with DB AG logo
    [​IMG]

A picture of the model (which, knowing Fleischmann, also probably has a real life original) I based this livery on.

download link

Silver, Heavily weathered, from ÖBB (1)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A picture of the original (that shows weathering might need some adjustment)

download link

Silver, Heavily weathered, from ÖBB (2)
    [​IMG]

download link

Silver, Heavily weathered, from SBB Cargo/Transwaggon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    a picture of the original

download link

These Habbiins 344 reskins are part of a series I did (reusing and slightly altering the same shapes, and recolouring them, creating a set of 7 different looking wagons). The wagons include weathering, some warning shields where those can be found in real life (though not the same exact warning shields, they are a good approximation and won't look out of place to an untrained eye). Some of the wagon information is also included, but that isn't the most accurate or detailed. I would like to adjust the shine of some of the colours I used, but that isn't possible at this moment, maybe in a livery designer 2.0 :). I think these add a nice bit of diversity to my Habbiins consits in game, though I believe you can only use the reskins on HHL, as MSB, RSN, RRO and all the routes those freight services layer onto use a older, non-repaintable version of the Habbiins 344.

ICE 3M 'Rheingold'
    [​IMG]

download link

I made this ICE 3M livery based on the original Rheingold livery, using the shape of the 1928 livery, with the colours of the 1962 livery. I was inspired to make this, as the ICE 3M still operates on the Amsterdam - Basel route the Rheingold express trains once did (albeit a bit faster ;)). This is the only one of the liveries that doesn't use trainsimcz's logo pack, it is also my oldest livery (and thus not neccesarily my best work).

MRCE BR 185.5 alternative livery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

download link

With the release of Riesa - Dresden, I decided to make a livery I've been wanting to make for the BR 185.5 for a while. It's actually based on an earlier TRAXX model, but I really like the look of it, so I decided to apply it to the BR 185.5 from Riesa - Dresden aswell. This is the first time I made a logo in-game myself and I think it turned out pretty good :).

E186 113
    [​IMG]

download link

I also decided to make this livery, which I believe is used by AlphaTrains. I based it on E186 113. I'm not entirely happy with the look of this one yet, due to the fact that weathering isn't perfect due to the lack of certain decals that could be usefull, aswell as the fact that the paint isn't reflective enough. Still I hope some of you will enjoy this livery :).

BR 234 117 in DR bordeaux red (privately operated)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

download link

This BR 143, now renumbered to it's DR designation of 243, is one of many privately operated ex-DR and ex-DB locomotives that has been repainted in it's former DR livery. The fun thing about this is that you can see this train in this livery in front of freight trains to this day, making it completely realistic to take this livery out for a spin on a freight train. Sadly you can't set your liveries to only appear on freight trains, making this livery also appear on passenger trains, which looks quite wrong and is the reason I don't have it activated in my game. The reason I chose to make this livery again has to do with my desire for a '90s route, as this livery is the same (logos aside) to that of the BR 143 I suggested to come with my Saalebahn in the '90s suggestion. Please go look at that suggestion and support it if you're interested :).

As for the livery, I made the DR logos myself, and I think they turned out pretty neat. There is some light weathering on the loco (the real life prototype is very shiny) and some typical detailing. I hope you all enjoy it :).

You've reached the end of this post, I hope all of you can enjoy some of these liveries :).

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. jolojonasgames

[space saved for if I ever run out of picture space]

• Like Like x 1
  3. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I always enjoy seeing artists at work.
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. conniethunder

• Like Like x 2
  5. jolojonasgames

This thread should have all you need. It has a link to the download, and a video with a guide, as well as some info in the replies that could be useful if you run into trouble.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. conniethunder

You should add the help link or file to your sig. lol :)
    ....or at least in your 'My Liveries' thread.

People never research, so something new like this is a daunting experience for most.

• Like Like x 1
  7. conniethunder

The tool/progam is set up.
    I have a livery of my own created.
    The tool allows me to add your 4 liveries to new slots and then save.
    In game, if I try a timetable OR edit your liveries, UT crashes.

Are you on DX11 or 12?
    Just wondering what the issue is.

EDIT: I was trying the 363

8. jolojonasgames

Did that now :).

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

I'm on DX12. I have no clue as to what the issue could be. I do know the BR 363 is bugged on my side, but it doesn't cause crashes.

Do you also have trainsimcz's logo pack installed? That one is required to make the liveries work.

10. conniethunder

Yes. I assume it goes in your DLC folder as with other mods?
    Just tried your 112 and still a crash.
    Going to switch to -DX12...back in a mo.

11. jolojonasgames

Yeah, if I remember correctly. There should be a readmy file with an how to install with the logo pack if you want to double check.

Hopefully switching to DX12 will remedy the issue.

12. conniethunder

OK.
    I was already on -DX12 (didn't realise)
    Removing the switch in Steam (to run DX 11) has allowed it to work.
    I can now change to your liveries AND edit them.

Maybe this fault needs to be noted.
    Thanks.
    Off to check out your work! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. matinakbary

Thanks for that!

15. jolojonasgames

More Habbiins liveries are in now. I was having issues with them previously, as the Livery Manager crashed due to having a '/' in my livery names (and you can't save files with a '/' in them on windows).

16. conniethunder

It would be real nice if those livery designers in the competitions could export and share their works too ;) :o

• Like Like x 1
  17. matinakbary

conniethunder agreed. But of course it's their decision. And if they're on console, it won't be possible :(

18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

363 livery not work

19. jolojonasgames

Yeah, as I noted there's a bug on that. I think you've already replied to my bug report on that, hope it gets fixed soon.

20. matinakbary

Are you going to re(make) some of the freight cars for Dresden-Riesa? :)

21. jolojonasgames

Eh, on the fence. I don't have nearly as much time anymore, as I'm only home one weekend every two weeks. It's just a shame they don't all use the same model with liveries coming across to every route.

I do have two BR 185.5 liveries for BRD coming up though.

• Like Like x 1
  22. matinakbary

Which one? Because I am working on the RheinCargo version and of course want to do more. It would be pretty senseless if we both made and released the same repaints. So I'd know which repaints to skip.

23. jolojonasgames

I made an Alphatrains E186 (the one with the green/blue cabs, white front and a red bar over the headlights) and an alternative MRCE one with the newer logo and white front with red bar between headlights.

Expect them in two weeks from now when I get home and can finish them completely and upload them :).

• Like Like x 2
  24. jolojonasgames

Good news! Two new liveries for the MRCE BR 185.5 from Riesa - Dresden are now available! Enjoy them :).

• Like Like x 3
  25. jolojonasgames

There is a new livery in: BR 234 117 in DR bordeax red, download it here. The reason I chose to make this livery again has to do with my desire for a '90s route, as this livery is the same (logos aside) to that of the BR 143 I suggested to come with my Saalebahn in the '90s suggestion. Please go look at that suggestion and support it if you're interested :). I have some additional pictures with this comment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 6