Add-ons Manager Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by DTG Alex, Feb 27, 2023.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello everyone,

We've just announced Add-ons Manager is finally here, check out our latest add-ons manager announcement, so we've dedicated a section of this space to hearing any feedback and issues you may encounter after the release tomorrow at 10:00am UTC on PlayStation5.

Other platforms will shortly follow, and this thread will remain active for feedback from all platforms, so please share all relevant details when sharing your feedback.

Thank you all for your patience while we've worked on delivering this solution.

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

Thank you :D
    It was a long road, but finally I can play without making choices...:love:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jayhuncho

Jayhuncho New Member

I’ve noticed that the Mastery Rewards aren’t appearing in the selection menu. They still appear in game (I ran Bremen - Oldenburg right after checking and those sculptures appeared), but I can’t toggle them on or off. I’m fearing that when I unlock some for other routes, I won’t be able to toggle them on.

4. segladman1

segladman1 Member

Firstly it’s great to be able to play everything without playing Tetris!

However, as already mentioned, the Mastery rewards have all disappeared for me, except the Training Centre decorations.

Also the medal and service counts have gone a bit awry. The additional timetables are not added to the overall total when selecting the route. I have driven over 2000 services/scenarios/training modules and on the ‘My Profile’ screen in the overview section I only have about 160 medals. The distance travelled counter is correct. I’ll add pictures below to help.

0B691B15-B6E1-4A58-A378-BEC8E1D63BC0.jpeg
    86B07BF7-E4E7-454D-B67D-EF99069D15F6.jpeg 250DC0C1-1AB3-494E-B886-67CD49FA8B8E.jpeg BF729F5B-9E9E-4017-A591-6AA0DDAA2E1E.jpeg 8ED6D2BB-08B1-4A1A-B868-6CA5EA65E0FB.jpeg
    I know it isn’t game breaking but was finally working properly with the January update and has now gone cuckoo again!

• Like Like x 1
  5. aiden#5854

aiden#5854 New Member

I recently got Train Sim World 3 and the U.S super bundle and everything was working fine up until the update. All my dlc progress is all gone and when you go onto the route the dlc is on you can't find it and you have to go to the train depot on the home screen instead if you want to play them. It's really disappointing because I paid a lot of money for everything and since some of the dlc routes took hour to complete and now it's as if I never even did them in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  6. simon edwards

simon edwards New Member

after downloading add ons manager you can only find the munich-augsburg version of db 423 in scenario planner.the koln-aachen version is not listed even when creating a scenario on its own route

7. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I see no medals/ score results for loco dlc scenarios such as the Crompton and the class 52 on WSR Just completed Minehead mariner and pit stop, trophies are popping but they remain unmarked as completed and no medal shows in the scenario selection screen.

Have yet to see if this affects any other DLC or services.

8. whitey#4272

whitey#4272 Active Member

Great to have all the routes I bought back again, including ones I'd forgotten about!

I have the issues mentioned earlier in the thread and also long loading times when switching back to either home screen or services / timetable from a service or scenario.
    Thanks to all who worked on this project.

9. whitey#4272

whitey#4272 Active Member

Also the newly added training module for Sand Patch Grade, Train Brakes: Theory is bugged. When you have put the auto brake to full service as instructed, no further instructions occur and the module cannot be progressed or completed.
    I don't know if this is connected with the Add ons Manager so I've also raised a ticket.

10. kmg#2367

kmg#2367 Member

I'm unable to select the scenarios for the Acela. They don't appear on the Boston Sprinter route either (timetable looks OK though)

11. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Addon related

After todays patch, in Boston Spinter, scenarios in rail journey High Speed and Neither Snow, No Rain have lost scores and medals even though golded before. Possibly an issue for After dark but not done that journey yet. Sccenario have the green tick though for completed.

Possibly addon related but cannot confirm as both routes were previously uninstalled.

All journey routes for the 313 on East Coastway have lost all scores and medals. Not only that, if you try doing a journey, it won't keep the score just obtained and it just a big fat 0 score

Similar situation for journey chapter Non Stop for the 101 at Rhein-ruhr. However Into the City and Top of the Class are both OK

Edit. Just found some more

All journeys in Super Bahn at Koln have same issue.

And again the first two journey chapters for Freightful Endeavours but 'Freight on the limit' is Ok

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  12. Techy_Dave

Techy_Dave New Member

Same for me. Total medal count seems to be off. I'm on level 414 on the profile screen with only 180 gold medals and 2 silvers. It's not moved since Tuesday's update and I've done several services since then.

13. FOXHOUND__MGS5

FOXHOUND__MGS5 New Member

I've encounted an error message on the Southeastern High Speed Route: Training Modules: Class 465/9 Introduction.
    The game crashes as soon as I start that training mission and the error message CE-108255-1 appears. I've gone though all of the suggested fixes which includes, reinstalling the game, clearing the cache, rebuilding the database, restoring licences etc, but it still happens. 186a9d9d7a398-screenshotUrl.jpg

14. aarontheloner

aarontheloner Active Member

I am also having this issue.

15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

So much for thoroughly testing the add-ons manager before release.

The number of issues is growing each day.

16. segladman1

segladman1 Member

Strange thing has happened with the journeys for me. On Friday the 313 journey scores were showing as 0 and no medal attained but if you went and looked at the services from the journeys on the timetable list, the correct scores and medal were showing. This morning however the 313 journey is showing correctly for me with all the scores and medals being there.

The opposite has happened with the first chapter on the Rhein-Ruhr with the 101 where it was showing correctly a couple of days ago and now the scores and medals have gone back to 0.

The mastery rewards still remain unavailable and the 465 training module also crashes my game.

17. richardwwoodward

richardwwoodward Active Member

I noticed that after DLC manager was installed scenarios I have completed are showing a green check mark but 0 score and no medals. If I redo the scenario it still shows no score nor a medal. Very frustrating as I'm a completist and this has completely messed up the scenarios

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had a game crash when trying to play a scenario I’d made on Cajon Pass and I guess it’s because it couldn’t find the train I’d used. The description of the scenario didn’t show the included trains like it normally does. I can’t remember what train it was that I had used in the scenario. Not much to go on as a bug report but it maybe shows that addons manager isn’t working 100% with scenario planner. The game crashed as soon as I clicked on PLAY.

19. aarontheloner

This has actually happened to me previously. Like a good year or so back.

20. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve found quite a big bug…

In the timetable menus there is a mini map which has always shown the starting point of the highlighted service. This is now showing the destination of the service, which is of much less use to the player. I’m assuming this is in error and not a new design choice.

21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Another issue…

When selecting “Return to Timetable” and then pressing Circle to get back to the menu to pick another train, the menu does not act as it should and works instead in a strange way, with the wrong selection pages appearing. To get it to work properly you are required to go right back to the main menu and select the route again.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I noticed this today. It selected the train automatically, but I had to select the route for the timetable to actually appear. Beforehand, the timetable was blank with just the search bar active.

• Like Like x 1
  23. aarontheloner

Having double checked, since the update the scenario US High Speed has gotten no score nor medal twice.

24. transport

transport Active Member

I’ve had a scenario planner bug where on Training Centre I’ll select a train not from their to drive and it then shall proceed to not load therefore not letting me play

25. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Unable to play scenarios that I have made on training centre no play option Ps5

26. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

When is the add ons manager coming to xbox?

It is a month now since AoM was released for Play Station. Getting fed up of having to delete content before adding new to make it work!!!

27. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Whoa, wait a moment! What exactly is your problem which you need AOM to fix?
    I was not aware this piece was needed on XBox.

28. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It's not needed on XBOX - I have All German, All but 1 UK, 5 US Routes and LGV installed and have never had to uninstall anything (On both XBOX One S or XBOX Series X).

While I understand the need for Add on Manager on all platforms to keep the code base the same, I'm quite happy to wait for it as it's not solving any limit issues. The only benefit mentioned by DTG is a memory saving.

29. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

That was exactly my point, the question was for nwp1 who seems to need AOM for something.

30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Scenario Planner woes since Add-ons Manager released…

The list of SP scenarios I have changes every time I load a route.
    Some scenarios don’t have descriptions of what they contain.
    Many scenarios don’t have a play button. This is for Creators Club scenarios and ones I’ve created myself both before and after Add-ons Manager was released.

31. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

Bit late to the party here; but has AoM been removed? How do I download as I can’t find it on any menu or in PS store…

32. Tigert1966

It's part of the core game. Nothing separate to download, if you have the latest update on PS5, you have the Add on Manager.

33. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

I was unable to load TSW3 on my xbox and DTG suggested I delete content until it runs. I have all DLCs but I only got the game to play again after I had deleted over half my content. Everytime I add something new, I have to delete more content to play the new content. DTG said that the add on manager should sort that for me. It has become frustrating and annoying. It worked perfectly with everything installed until a couple of months ago, when there was an update and everything stopped.

34. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Some minor stuff I noticed after installing the Add-Ons manager update on PS4 and playing with it for a day or so:
    • Some train substitutions/layers no longer work. For example, Cathcart Circle has a decreased loco selection for the railtours, with trains like the Class 20 missing from that list. This has been described on the forums already (here). This is also a reminder for the devs to check if the AI-only layers have been correctly loaded by the Add-Ons manager since it’s very difficult to spot these for players (since they don’t show up in any service lists).
    • Creators Club is giving me tons of missing content warnings, probably just a byproduct of no longer having all the content loaded in the background constantly.
    • My stats seem to be a bit jumbled up, my medal count has significantly decreased across the board. Driver level, distance driven and so on are unaffected, though. I also still have all the medals when I look at the service lists. They’re just missing from that single stats screen.
    • I had a game crash when looking at the mastery challenges, but this also happened once or twice before the add-ons manager.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  35. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

This is concerning as many of these same kinds of issues were reported back with the TSW2 rollout of the manager.

36. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

And the PS4 has the same issues as the PS5 for TSW3 as well by the looks of it. Hopefully just teething troubles and everything can be refined once all platforms have it.

37. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

This and the earlier reports on console platforms revives my concerns about the side effects of the add- on manager for PC. I don't care about medal counts, but substitutions and layering are an important part of gameplay.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  38. djense1

djense1 New Member

Not download button in German Psn store for the add on manager and no ps5 Upgrade for ps4 disc version ( although mentioned on ps4 disc Box ) unsatisfying!

39. Dinger75

OK. Looks like we are going backwards again. An awful lot of gold medals have disappeared again after looking like they were previously fixed. Pretty much the same gold medals as what I listed in my last post here

40. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Any developers reading this, please check out the threads concerning missing services as a result of the Add-Ons manager!
    • Many routes are severely affected by this, so here is a comprehensive list of every missing layer, service, loco etc that has been found so far created by a community member: LINK
    • And an entire loco DLC is even completely unavailable in the game: LINK

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Recently returned to the game after taking a long break. 2 things to note at this time:
    - initial loading time is looooong after implementation of add-ons manager: I have an old standard ps4 with 50 pcs of DLC installed. The load up takes 4mins 5 sec for loading up the game
    - LIRR: before add-ons manager the different versions of the M7 and M3 stated if they were 6, 8 or 10 car versions. With add-ons manager I still see three versions but it no longer sais which versions they are. Can this be put back in please?

42. caseyjones#9109

caseyjones#9109 New Member

How do you get this? How to install and run it?

43. Tigert1966

You don’t have to do anything. It’s part of the core game.

It’s invisible to the user other than we can now see all of our DLC instead of only the first 64gb.

44. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

You got me excited for a moment as I thought the XBOX version had arrived. The PS version arrived weeks ago!!!

45. caseyjones#9109

caseyjones#9109 New Member

There are 3 trains in my trains list and I was wondering if the memory limitation had anything to do with it as I can't use them

46. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

You will again when AOM is eventually released.

47. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

Since the add-on manager update, my ACS 64 disappeared from my Boston Route. I’m on PS5

• Like Like x 1
  48. Dinger75

Yep, also gone from here as well (also on PS5)

Midland mainlanes mastery rewards not showing

• Like Like x 1
  49. The Maser Faze

The Maser Faze New Member

Is add on manager fixed now?

• Like Like x 1
  50. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Only for Play Station. Waiting for xBox and finally PC