PC Ps4 Pro Enhanced "tsw 2020" ???

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rygar, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Rygar

Rygar New Member

Hello,

does this game support PS4 Pro options to improve the resolution (4k), fps and general stability?

I have seen a lot of gameplays of this game (I dont have this game yet), but I am not sure with graphics on the PS4 system. Visible distance is not very good, resolution should be better too. I know, this is caused by the hardware limitation, but maybe it would be better to create a smooth gradient between the short and the long distance resolution of the rails instead of the hard border between them.

Hopefully, the new game "TSW 2020" will be updated for PS4 Pro with more additional graphic options.

The game from commercial advertisement looks great, I like these videos so much (nice work dovetailgames), but I am not sure, if these advertisements are true. Ofcourse, I understand, there is lot of time and effort behind this game, but is possible improve TSW 2020 for better look on PS4 Pro with enhanced graphic?

I think this is very important for the realistic experience with your amazing game.

Thank you.

Good day
    K.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I think you'll find they are captured from a high end PC. It should really state that I suppose. The console graphics, while useable, are somewhat less crisp. And other than a slightly faster frame rate there's not any other Pro enhancements. Neither does the 2020 update as far as I know.

Nice profile picture. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rygar

Rygar New Member

so, i just bought the game for the first time.. and, the true is, the PS4 version does not look great :( I bought the addittional content too (I have 9 tracks now in my collection), and I think, the newest tracks maybe looks better compared to the oldest tracks, but this game really NEEDS to be improved for PS4 Pro.

It would be a real shame, if PS4 Pro version would not have any improvements.

:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s the same bad quality as before, everything load always before the train

5. Rygar

Rygar New Member

If the game (TSW 2020) still does not have any graphical improvements for PS4 Pro, there is something wrong.

They should add two choices for enhanced visual quality for PS4 Pro:

1. 1080p 30 - 60 fps + high quality textures, environments

2. 4k 30 fps + low quality textures, environments (the same textures quality as in the current version of the game)

Is it possible DTG?

Thanks
    K.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Its not possible.
    The PS4 Pro isnt capable of delivering 4k in this game. You need a very good PC for that. Its a simulation, there are alot of things going on in the background that stress the CPU too much. You cant see this stuff, but there are a lot things beeing simulated in the background.
    Consoles CPU is the biggest bottleneck.

They are pushing the Consoles, surely they can better optimize some things here and there. But overall i guess we have to live with the Version we have. They already did improve performance since launch though. Its just that we cant expect wonders and PC level quality for a Simulation like this.

• Like Like x 4
  7. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

I get what you’re saying, but what’s the point of running the game in 4K if the textures are low quality and not in 4K. That would defeat the purpose of 4K in the first place. That’s just the way I see it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I bet that the ps4 pro could manage high quality graphics settings at 1080p, with HDR included at a solid 30fps. Shouldn't affect the cpu too much, and would just dump more workload on the GPU.

I'd definitely appreciate :) TrainSim-Matt - any thoughts on this? I keep hoovering up everything you bring us, but it would be nice to see the ps4 pro and HDR capable displays get some love.

Thanks for all of your hard work so far!

• Like Like x 1
  9. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

10. P308R

P308R New Member

I am on a base PS4 and the PS4 is capable of producing some more up-to-date visuals with UE4. Dakar 18 by Bigmoon started out with the same look and they made huge steps in terms of visuals. TSW surely must be able to achieve at least the same level seen the nature of the game (none open world). Really hope to see an update since the gameplay is a lot of fun!

Edit: The Dakar title simulates the whole Dakar events and still has resources. Also they are a small team for a niche title.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  11. Rygar

Rygar New Member

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate it.

- to volvolover1972: it makes sense (for example, similar graphic options are exists in the game "Rise of the Tomb Raider" for PS4 Pro)

- to xD 2Bad4You: ok, if the 4k is useless for the PS4 Pro, because the hardware is not powerful enough for this type of game, then I think that the PS4 Pro is sufficient to improve the visuals, like textures, environments, general stability, if the game will still run on 1080p.

The game runs on PS4 too. The PS4 Pro has better hardware (higher CPU, GPU, etc.).
    So, why the game looks exactly the same on PS4 / Ps4 Pro?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well it does load quicker and run smoother on the Pro.

I must admit if there is one thing that I'd like, if the Pro could support it, and that's crisper textures, especially on the text. It can in places be difficult to read, importantly in the cab but also on signs etc. I think this is probably the main thing that distracts from the visuals for me. I can live with most other things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm amazed at the level and quality of this sim on current gen consoles. I stopped with PC gaming some years ago and have missed my Sims ever since. Now I can play something like TSW from my couch and I love it.
    I just hope DTG can port it all over to PS5 and use it's extra grunt to make the existing content perform better then.

The SSDs in the next gen gen consolrs should allow for better and faster real time loading allowing longer routes too.