Make Leipzig: Rapid Transit Great Again!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Testersierra, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Testersierra

Testersierra Member

RT now is pretty boring, empty and monotonic. BUT it has potential to become great.

I propose to add the Terminus station Leipzig HBF, some RB and RE Intercity services between Leipzig HBF And Dessau with different DB BR locos and DoSto-s, with short/express services using different terminus tracks (like in the missions), and also parked trains (which are present in the Talent 2 tutorial) on garage tracks (between Leipzig HBF and Leipzig Nord, Leipzig Nord and Leipzig Messe, near Delitzsch unt Bf, at Bf Bitterfeld, Dessau and Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz), and more AI traffic trains from other S-Bahn lines in the Citytunnel.
    Also, it would be nice to have a working destination indicator on the Talent 2.
    All this would make Rapid Transit much more interesting, bring life and animation to it. Because I am sure RT can be made as interesting as is RRO.

I'm even ready to pay 5$ for an update like this :D

Some of my other proposals:
    SemmeringBahn: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/semmering-railway.18888/
    Paris Métro: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/paris-metro-lines.13658/
    Paris suburban train (RER): https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/rer-b-ligne-de-sceaux-paris-rapid-transit-system.16213/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier and better to just build a brand new route and using some RT assets? Similarly to NEC and LIRR. While I would have nothing against the extension, I personally don't like the route. I would prefer brand new one instead.
    Usually I'm all for extension but not on this one. Brand new route I feel like would give a lot more to the game than just extending it.
    Plus let's be realistic, if RSN didn't get a route merge with RRO then RT will never ever get it in a million years.
    Don't get me wrong, German content is at the moment my favorite but RT is not something I enjoy at all.
    Let's see where the next UK route takes us and then we can focus again on German stuff.

3. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Freight trains would be nice in RT.

4. david18sych

david18sych Member

the DB BR1442 as screwed up brakes hate that loco.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

It wouldn't really be an extension, just addin the above-ground parts of Leipzig Hbf.