Train Sim World 3 The Saalebahn In The Late '90s: The Best Of East And West Germany

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jolojonasgames, Apr 9, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    87.1%
  2. Maybe, if it's on sale

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. No, it's not my cup of tea

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, this time I'd like to suggest the Saalebahn (and a bit more) between Saalfeld and Naumburg. It will be set in the late '90s (about 1996, as the pictures used in this post were taken in that year)

Contents
    • The route
      • General description and History
      • Services
    • Rolling Stock
      • What should come with the route?
        • DB BR 120 (in Orient red) with IC coaches (in Produktfarben)
        • DB BR 143 (in DR Bordeaux red) with ex-DR local double deck traffic coaches
      • DLC
        • DB BR 155 repaint + freight pack
        • DB BR 103 repaint + coach expansion pack
        • DB BR 141 with Silberlinge (n-Wagen)
        • DB BR 219
      • Layers
    • Final Words
    • Pictures
    [​IMG]
    120 129 in front of IC 702 "THERESE GIEHSE" near Maua, August 23rd 1996

The Route

[​IMG]
    General description and History
    The route runs from Saalfeld via Rudolstadt and Jena to Naumburg. The Saalebahn itself is 75 km long, the extension to Naumburg brings this to 87 km, which is still well within TSWs limits. The reason I chose to extend the route to Naumburg is to allow for IC stops at either end of the route. The Saalebahn follows a scenic route along the Saale river, which it gets it's name from. Speed limits are relatively low, with speeds mostly restricted to 120 km/h. In Saalfeld there is a large freight yard with a turntable for loco storage. There are also large yards at Jena and Naumburg.

The Saalebahn was constructed in the 1870s. Before WW2 the railway was electrified. After WW2 the Saalebahn was situated in East-Germany, electrification was removed and shipped to the USSR as war reparations. Due to the border it lost most of it's importance as a north-south connection between Berlin and München. However, after the reunification in 1990 the Saalebahn gained importance onceagain. It was electrified, with electrification being completed in may of 1995. This route will be set just after that electrification. During this time the Saalebahn was a major connection between Berlin and the South, seeing many Intercitys during the day, but also local traffic and freight.

The first few minutes of this video show the Saalebahn in action just after electrification. It's in German, but you don't need to understand the narration to see how interesting this route is.

Services
    As always on historical routes research on the services is somewhat difficult. Luckily long-distance traffic timetables are available via online archives, accesable via this link, the site can be viewed in both English and German. The specific list with departures at Saalfeld (Saale) in 1996 can be found here. This website also lists the exact compositions of the trains, which makes this a lot easier to resarch for DTG.

In total 28 Intercity and 2 Eurocity trains ran on the line in both directions per day. There were also 4 so-called D-trains (D-züge/Schnellzüge) a day, with one of them terminating and of them starting at Saalfeld. The stops of the IC/EC and D trains are listed below.

IC/EC (applies to all trains)
    (to/from Lichtenfels) - Saalfeld (Saale) - Jena Saalbahnhof - Naumburg (Saale) Hbf - (onwards to/coming from Leipzig Hbf)

D-Züge
    (2 trains per day to/from Lichtenfels) - Saalfeld(Saale) - Rudolstadt (Thür)* - Göschwitz(Saale) - Jena Saalbf - Naumburg(Saale)Hbf - (onwards in/coming from the direction of Leipzig)

*Not al trains stopped at Rudolstadt

For the above D-züge, IC trains, and EC trains, detailed information on stops, timetables, consits and locomotives is available on fernbahn.de/datenbank/suche/. From this the timetable for IC, EC and D trains should be fully buildable, with research not being much harder than it would be for a modern route. In addition to these services multiple RE/RB and freight services ran on the line daily, data on these is harder to find. If truly nothing can be found, a modern timetable could always be used (and perhaps slightly modified), so there are at least somewhat realistic services there. However, DTG has shown with Linke Rheinstrecke that finding such data isn't impossible to them.

Rolling Stock

What should come with the route?
    As always 1-3 trains should come with the route as standard. I've listed the two most important below. The 155 is currently under the possible DLC section, however it wouldn't be that much work to include it as standard as both it and the 143 are already in-game, thus requiring only a repaint and some light modifications. This would give us a route with the BR 120, 143 and 155 as standard.

DB BR 120 (in Orient Red) with DB IC coaches (in produktfarben)
    [​IMG]

120 114 in front of IC 703 "THERESE GIEHSE" near Dornburg/Saale, August 25th 1996

The BR 120 was the main IC locomotive on the Saalebahn after electrification. It's a notable locomotive for being the first serial production AC locomotive. just 60 BR 120s were produced in the '80s, altough 2000 locomotives were originally planned. The 120s were outfitted in an Orient Red livery as can be seen above. It can reach speeds of up to 200 km/h. It can mainly be seen hauling IC coaches in the so called produktfarben. For IC services this meant a red stripe across the windows, with a lighter reddish/pink line below the red stripe. On a lot of IC services other paint schemes such as that of the InterRegio services (Blue stripe across the windows, pastel blue line below the main blue stripe) and the older Ocean blue and Ivory paint scheme. For the sake of variation it would be great to see a few of these different paint schemes too. The BR 120 was taken out of regular service last year. More info on wikipedia.

DB BR 143 (in DR Bordeaux Red) with ex-DR double deck local traffic coaches.
    [​IMG]

143 167 in front of RE 4333 in Großpürschnitz, August 24th 1996

The BR 143 in it's modern day form is already in game and familiar to most players. It will once again be introduced with this route, though this time in it's ex-DR livery, Bordeaux red with a white stripe along the headlamps and sides. The loco still has a top speed of 120 km/h. I think the best option is for it to come with ex-DR double deck coaches, in produktfarben, as pictured above, because these were the most frequent sight in 1996, although silberlinge could also be seen and would make another great option. The 143 will operate the RE and RB services on this route, but it can also substitute on freight services if those get added with the BR 155 mentioned below. In addition to that, it could haul an IC for a scenario, where it stands in for a faster locomotive, as the route is set before the splitting of DB into DB Regio, Fernverkehr and Cargo. More info on wikipedia.

DLC

DB BR 155 repaint + freight pack.
    [​IMG]

155 156 in Rudolstadt/Saale, August 24th 1996

The 155 is already in game, therefore I'd suggest bundeling repainted (and slightly altered where needed, for example the 155 had diamond shaped pantographs in this era) versions of this loco into one pack with some freight wagons for this route. The BR 155 could be seen in both ex-DR bordeaux red (pictured above) and DB Orient red (pictured below). If DTG feels generous they could also throw in a repainted BR 232 into this pack, as that too operated on this line, albeit less then the 155, however, it is developed by TSG and not DTG, which might cause issues. The 232 could be seen in an ex-DR bordeaux red livery. The BR 155 (or maybe even the BR 232) could also come with a scenario where it hauls an Intercity as replacement loco, as this practice wasn't too uncommon. The 155 will also add freight services on which the BR 143 can substitute.

Some freight wagons would also be needed, and some of the currently in game ones could be reused aswell, although I'm not sure which one of those was already around in '96. As you can see both intermodal (container) traffic, car transports and chemical transports were common, three coaches to cover all of these would be great for variety.

[​IMG]

155 005 in Rothenstein/Saale, August 24th 1996

DB BR 103 repaint + coach expansion pack
    [​IMG]

103 156-6 hauling an InterCity from Leipzig near Rudolstadt, July of 1995

The BR 103 is one of the most famous German locmotives. It started the IC services that still connect German cities to this day. It has a top speed of 200 km/h. After German unification, and the electrification of the Saalebahn, it could be seen here too. I'd expect it to be a layer in the red/ivory paint scheme from Linke Rheinstrecke. However, in a repainted form, without the skirts (and potentially even in the later 'large cab' variant), it could be an additional DLC for this route. For that, it should come in both orient red liveries (shown above) and the classic and beloved TEE red/ivory paint scheme (shown below) that we already know from Linke Rheinstrecke, however with some slight modifications such as the removal of the lower skirt and the replacement of the old logos with new DB AG logos. Because the IC 1st and 2nd class cars would already come with the BR 120 as standard (and are in game on Linke Rhienstrecke), this loco could come with a restaurant coach, post coach or different types of IC coaches, giving all IC services on the route a little more variety (especially the post coaches, because they were usually still in Ocean Blue/Ivory, or even Dark Green paint schemes). The 103 also has some railtour potential, as the 103s in real life operate a lot of these railtours. More info on Wikipedia.

[​IMG]
    The signalman at Rudolstadt greets an unknown BR 103, which is hauling an InterCity, July of 1995.

[​IMG]
    The WRmz 137 Restaurant coach that could come with the BR 103 DLC. Other Restaurant coaches would also be possible.

DB BR 141 with Silberlinge (n-Wagen)
    [​IMG]

141 397 in front of RE 4335 in Rothenstein/Saale, August 24th 1996

The 141 is part of the post-war 'einheitselektrolokomotiven' of the DB. This was the loco that was designed to haul local traffic, as it did during most of it's life. They were built from 1956 to 1971, and had a top speed of 120 km/h. On this route in the late '90s they could both be seen in the older Ocean Blue and Ivory livery as shown above and in the Orient Red livery as shown below, it should come to the game in both. They hauled both n-Wagen, nicknamed Silberlinge due to their polished steel exterior, and ex-DR Dostos. As the Dostos are already coming with the 143 as standard and the n-Wagen are already in game in both mint livery and traffic red with LFR and BRO respectively, this loco should come with the original unpainted n-Wagen. Of course on some services it could also haul Dostos, and the BR 143 could also haul these n-Wagen, which means they're freely interchangable on passenger services, and should probably be assigned randomly to either a Dosto or n-Wagen consist (perhaps there should be some way to see or better yet, select what coaches you'll get, as I imagine players would sometimes like a certain combination). The unpainted silver n-Wagen from this DLC could also be mixed with mint green n-Wagen from LFR for varied n-Wagen consists, not a rare sight at the time. More info on wikipedia.

[​IMG]
    141 415 in front of RE 4337 in Kahla, August 24th 1996

DB BR 219
    [​IMG]

219 063 in front of RB 15004 in Großpürschnitz, August 24th 1996

Even though the route had been electrified quite a few 219s could still be seen. The 219s were built between 1976 and 1985 in Romania because of rules in the Eastern Bloc, the quality was lacking in the beginning leading to them being nicknamed 'Ceaușescu's Revenge', after the Dictator of Communist Romania at the time. Most of the issues were later solved by replacing the original parts with East-German ones. On this route they run local traffic. This DLC could come with the ex-DR local traffic coaches (still in their Green/Ivory and plain Green liveries), as the 219s mostly hauled these. More info on wikipedia.

Layers

• n-Wagen in mint green livery (LFR): adding variation by replacing the Dostos on certain BR 143 and 141 consists (mostly without cab car, which saw little to no use on this route).
    • BR 103 (LFR): Subbing in randomly on some IC services.
    • BR 110 (LFR): Maybe subbing in on the odd IC service and some D-trains, they weren't scheduled for workings here, but could still replace failed express engines from time to time and would add a bit to variety (and the amount of routes you can use the BR 110 on) in this way.
    • BR 365 (Niddertalbahn): adds some shunting services. The BR 365 was still rather rare in the east by 1996, but it's better having an unlikely shunting engine for some additional services, than no shunting at all in my opinion.

Final Words
    I hope that you found this suggestion fun. For me it would be an ideal route to show of both DB and DR stock in the '90s, an often requested time period. It includes a unique mix of East- and West-German locmotives and rolling stock, and shows the IC network before the now omnipresent BR 101 took over all services from the BR 103 and BR 120. It has a feeling about it that reminds me of hot dry summers and the smell of dust and oil in the air, combined with a wierd nostalgia to the chaotic '90s in Germany (during which I wasn't even alive). The variety and paint schemes are beautifully chaotic in my opinion. I'd also like to thank www.gerdboehmer-berlinereisenbahnarchiv.de, as this is where I got most of the pictures. Let me know your opinions below :).

Pictures
    [​IMG]

120 116 in front of IC 807 "CLARA SCHUMANN" and 219 063 in front of RB 15014 near Maua, August 23rd 1996

[​IMG]
    120 116 in front of IC 803 "SOPHIE SCHOLL" near Orlamünde, August 24th 1996

[​IMG]
    141 415 in front of RE 4335 near Dornburg/Saale, August 25th 1996

[​IMG]
    143 561 in front RB 7313 near Maua, August 23rd 1996

[​IMG]
    143 637 in front of RB 7305 and 219 023 in front of RB 15003 in Jena-Saalbahnhof, August 25th 1996

[​IMG]
    143 077 in front of RE 4341 in Orlamünde, August 24th 1996

[​IMG]
    120 116 in front of IC 806 "CLARA SCHUMANN" in Rothenstein/Saale, August 24th 1996

[​IMG]
    155 236 in Rothenstein/Saale, August 24th 1996

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 39
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea if you actually own all the locomotives in the proposed dlc you can use them on RRO RSN HMA HRR SKA & Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden. The reason for this is that it would have portrayed the 1990s before the introduction of DB BR185s on West German routes and this East German route.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jolojonasgames

They would be an excellent fit for a different timetable pack there. For example:

MSB in the '90s, the pack includes:
    -new '90s timetable
    -DB BR 151
    -DB BR 111
    -DB BR 194 (possibily)

The 141, 155 and maybe some other locos from this route could then layer onto that new timetable.

• Like Like x 4
  4. driverwoods#1787

Even the 151 can operate in this route since it's a West German freight locomotive provided Dovetail Games adds in a layer for Deutsche Bundesbahn BR151 on this route if made.

• Like Like x 2
  5. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Yet another great suggestion. Would definitely buy this route, keep up the good work mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yes please! DTG made the 120 for TS, so it's not completely unrealistic to assume that the 120 could be done in TSW. We already have the IC-Coaches - the model exterior and interior "just" needs a repaint - boom. Finished. DTG tends to reuse their rolling stock (see the Dostos, the 182 in RT and Hamburg-Lücken; the 143 and 112; the ICE 3 [more or less]) - so the work for the coaches is mostly done and research for the loco as well because of TS.

I really wish that the n-Wagen find their way into the game. Nearly every loco is 'realistic' to haul these coaches. The 143 would be another reuseable candidate.

• Like Like x 4
  7. driverwoods#1787

Correct and if one goes on RRO Wuppertal Hagen there's going to be a train with n-Wagen. Therefore if this route is made then the n-wagen can layer onto RRO & RSN.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jolojonasgames

Yes, the reusability of models hopefully allows for a bit more (like a BR 155 or restaurant coach) to be included with the route as standard. The interior of the coaches does need considerable work, but still less then creating a whole new coach from scratch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Yes, for example the at least the IC Coaches in Produktfarben: The Exterior 3D model is done as well as the sounds and the physics. It needs a repaint and a little different interior.

• Like Like x 2
  10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Is this the Saalfeld (Saale) near Leipzig? If yes then I have an suggestion that expends your suggestion with mine to Leipzig, but still great suggestion

• Like Like x 2
  11. jolojonasgames

Yes, it's near Leipzig indeed :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. jolojonasgames

Quick note:
    I have found an archive which contains the schedules of the IC services. It can be found here. I'll work on adding more detailed service information soon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jolojonasgames

I have now added a little more information about how many IC, EC and D trains were on this line daily, and at which stations they stopped. The sources linked should help DTG a lot if they ever want to make this route, as they contain detailed information on timtables and train formations.

I haven't been able to find RE/RB timetables yet (assume nothing special here, 1-2 trains per hour in each direction, with the RE stopping nearly everywhere and the RB stopping everywhere). Personally I wouldn't even mind if DTG just made those timetables up, though they undoubtably have contacts in the beta forum that do know such details. If any of you have any ideas about where I could find these timetables, please do let me know.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  14. aquapacific

aquapacific Member

Can we get a BR103 Loco add-on?

• Like Like x 1
  15. jolojonasgames

Might be possible. Some sources list the 103 as the motive power for some IC trains. I'll look into it closer to make sure it is actually fitting here. If it is I'll add it to the optional DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

I looked into it, and it turns out the 103 could be seen here more often then I thought. I've added it to the suggestion as optional DLC (the 120 was still more frequent on this line, so it will still be standard). It should come in both Orient red and TEE liveries. Because the IC coaches will come with the 120 already, the 103 could expand the variety of IC coaches significantly by adding a restaurant coach, postal coach or different IC coaches.

Having the 103 could also give some options for interesting railtours, as the 103s in real life still operate a lot of these.

I really hope the 103 gets more people enthousiastic about this route!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  17. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

Strecke Sehr gut!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Ravi

Ravi Well-Known Member

A retro-ish German DLC would be a great addition. Hope we will get this soon.

• Like Like x 2
  19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Excellent suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  20. driverwoods#1787

Which routes then is it SKA HRR HMA RRO & Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Gemünden with the rail tour dropping out at Löhr. Basically the IC31 service Frankfurt Hbf Aschaffenburg Lohr Würzburg Nuremberg-München.

• Like Like x 1
  21. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I would definitely get this. I would get almost everything you've suggested (if I had the money), well done on getting so much information, you have some of the best suggestions on this forum.:)

• Like Like x 2
  22. jolojonasgames

Another forum post reminded me of the 'Nett Hier' advertisment liveries some of the BR 120s wore in the past (pictured below).

[​IMG]

It would be fun to see this livery in a fashion similar to the trainbow (the skin isn't very difderent, just some text). I'm not quite sure the BR 120s already had this advertisment back in 1996 though, the oldest dated pictures I could find date back to the late '90s.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. jolojonasgames

For the people that were interested in this route:
    I suggested another '90s route, the Main-Weser-Bahn from Frankfurt to Marburg. That routes includes InterRegio services, and the S6 line of the Frankfurt S-bahn. It could also see a lot of layering from this route. Please do check it out :).

Lately on Reddit (and also somewhat on the Forums) there seems to be n increasing demand for older German routes instead of the modern fast-ish routes we've been getting for the past year, so I wanted to bump this thread (and my other Main-Weser-Bahn suggestion) to the top :).

• Like Like x 1
  24. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't care about this route, but the suggested rolling stock is awesome. I'd buy any route with such a selection of rolling stock. Would be awesome to have something that's condiserably less modern than the current selection of German trains...

• Like Like x 2
  25. jolojonasgames

The rolling stock is also my mean reason for suggesting this, the key was finding a route on which they would make sense.
    TSW is long overdue for older rolling stock, that doesn't have all kinds of traction computers to help you, with sounds and old dials being your feedback instead of screens. The older stock has so much to offer, and it surprises me that while we have British, and with Clinchfield now American, routes set in the past, but no German ones. Instead all German routes are 2/4 tracked mainlines, with high speeds and mostly passenger services (with the exception of RSN, being a slower, freight focussed line).

• Like Like x 1
  26. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

There's a decent amount of older rolling stock for anything that isn't German. :P

Apparently Germans don't like old trains as much as Americans and the British do. Or at least, there's a bigger market for historic UK and US content compared to historic German content, it seems.

And people are just keep on buying whatever modern German passenger route DTG sells. Doesn't surprise me they'll do a few more modern routes. Just look at what's available for Train Simulator...

• Like Like x 2
  27. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Lots of lovely rolling stock in this. :D

Sadly, I don‘t think a German vintage route is happening in the foreseeable future. It‘s not just about what DTG said concerning preferences of German players, even Maik Goltz said that it would be a massive undertaking to get the references which in many cases won‘t even exist. Best bet right now is to go for vintage locos still in service today.

• Like Like x 2
  28. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

I would like to buy this route as it would be different from other routes.

• Like Like x 2
  29. jolojonasgames

That's definetely true, there is however an advantage to the Saalebahn in that regard. If was fully electrified in the early '90s, so some documentation on that work should exist. I really hope that DTG can get documents like the route surveys that were undertaken before, during and after electrification.

Making routes set in the past remains a huge challenge however. Sam mentioned the next steam article will be about how researching a route set in the past works, so I hope it might give some insight into the many hurdles that would come with historical German routes, not only for those set in the '90s, but also for other routes like my Preußische Ostbahn (set in the 1910s) suggestion, other steam routes or a '60s/'70s route.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yeah, going back to the 90s shouldn‘t be too hard. I think it‘s routes set even further back that are extremely problematic. I hope that Germany will get its own vintage route in due time, but we know that CRR only exists because DTG was in contact with this one person who had most of the necessary references. Unless someone like that comes along for Germany, I just don‘t see DTG investing the necessary time to make it happen.

Oh right, forgot about that. I‘m looking forward to that article :)

• Like Like x 2
  31. jolojonasgames

I can think of Gustav Richard, a German youtuber (link to his channel), that has a lot of '90s reference material (mainly around the Hamburg area, where he grew up), including photographs, full timetables, logs etc., I really hope DTG is able to contact people like him for such projects.

• Like Like x 2
  32. dedh98mosqueto

dedh98mosqueto Active Member

Ha ha. For a second I thought you were commenting me about something. My name is Richard so you could see how that is posible.

• Like Like x 2
  33. jolojonasgames

What a coincidence :),

• Like Like x 1
  34. jolojonasgames

I added some information about substitution, possible services, interchangebility of the mentioned locos, reusability of modern freight stock, etc.

'90s routes are still something I really want to happen, and I think all the included rolling stock would be very interesting :).

• Like Like x 1
  35. jolojonasgames

A video with some footage I hadn't seen before that was recorded just before, during and just after electrification. It therefore is taken right around the era this route suggestion is set and could potentially even be helpful for future referencing if DTG ever decides to do this route.

• Like Like x 1
  36. jolojonasgames

I've finally decided to also include a modern day cab view for this route. A lot of things haven't changed since the big renovation in the '90s, but some also have. However, this cab view gives a good impression of the general feel of the area, the scenery (note all the castles) and the layout of tracks and stations. Hope you enjoy!

I'll also use this oppertunity to express my wish that this route is the next German one, however unlikely it is.

• Like Like x 2
  37. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Very nice suggestion, exactly the right time for this route.
    I'm curious when we will see the first German route that will be played in the 90´s :love:
    I hope we don't have to wait too long.

• Like Like x 1
  38. jolojonasgames

I've somewhat reworked the suggestion to be up to date with the (imminent) release of Linke Rheinstrecke and Niddertalbahn. The main changes include:

• There are now layering possibilities listed for the mint green n-Wagen, BR 103, BR 110 and BR 365
    • The BR 103 DLC section has been reworked into a BR 103 repaint and coach expansion pack that adds liveries (aswell as external mods like the removal of the skirt) to the BR 103, aswell as some extra coaches such as a dining coach or potentially a post office coach.
    • The BR 141 DLC now more clearly comes with a new type of n-Wagen, that being the unpainted silver ones. These will mix in with layered n-Wagen from LFR.
    I'd be glad to hear your feedback on these changes, and/or if the release of LFR has changed your opinions about this suggestion.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  39. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

This would be fantastic. A great mix of East/DR & West/DB after the wall came down. Put me down for it! :D

• Like Like x 1
  40. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely like it now and with the Advent of Kassel Würzburg there are services that start before and go past 00:00. This can be bundled with LFR & NID as German 1990s starter edition or bundle. If you have Kassel Würzburg with Saalebahn DB Baureihe 120 should substitute for Intercity Nightjet Motorail and freight services because when KWG was opened to Fulda from Würzburg Hbf in 1988 DB Baureihe 120 was a common sight there because it was designed to do high speed services and Freight if needed an Universal locomotive like the 182.

• Like Like x 3
  41. jolojonasgames

Oh yeah that's true. I might have to remove the thing about noght trains and not being able to cross the 00.00 limit as that has been changed now.

• Like Like x 2
  42. SHELBY230586

SHELBY230586 Well-Known Member

Excellent Choice. I would like to talk about the BR 141. There will certainly be a lot to talk about.
    Starting with the Paintwork, which one should it be? as far as I'm concerned, I'm free, I think they're all good.
    Then the questions about the lamps...

Einfachlampen
    [​IMG]

Doppellampen
    [​IMG]
    It will certainly be difficult with the Lamps, since some will certainly want to see the old ones and others would rather see the new ones. a solution like another vehicle from TSW would certainly be good here.
    Example, Class 40 Blue same locomotive but with 2 faces.
    [​IMG]

And matching the Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz - Koblenz a Knallfrosch in Bingen

• Like Like x 2