Xbox Extra 3014 South - Signal Meet Not Resolved

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hawks5896, May 8, 2021.

1. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

I am playing the CRR timetables with the CRR SD-40. Extra 3014 South - Southbound Coal

Approximately 10 miles from Dante I get a red signal. When I stop I see another train coming the other way but stopped. About 10 minutes after I stop at the signal the engines uncouple from the cars and come to the crossover in front of my signal. They switch tracks and reverse back to pick up a string of hoppers in the siding. The engines then return to the cross over but instead of reversing down to the waiting original consist they just sit there as if waiting for a signal to proceed. I left it for 15 minutes but still no movement

Has anyone else encountered this and is there any solution to this seeming bug?

• Like Like x 1
  2. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Can anyone else confirm that this has happened to them - Has someone successfully completed this timetable?

3. hawks5896

hawks5896 Member

Has Anyone successfully completed this run? I have submitted a ticket regarding this issue but the response was they are aware of it and to try the timetable without saving it as you go along. I did so and the result was the same - the AI train just sits there.

It is frustrating to do all the other timetables but being prevented from finishing the entire route because of this annoying bug.

4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I just took a look at the internal simulation data on this one - it sounds like you're running quite late?

If I have understood where you are correctly, in the vicinity of Allen Sidings, according to the playback tool in the editor, its expecting you there around 16:43. The westbound AI (First Moss Turn) that does some switching there is supposed to be there by around 17:25 and is intended to leave after 3014 arrives in Dante - with a signal clear time around 17:04.

My guess is that something is delaying you somewhere, so let me give you some timing points and if you can let me know where you miss these that would be useful, along with a note of any trains you see and what time etc.

Departure from Elkhorn 16:14
    Junction with the Greenbriar Branch - clear green signal through, switcher on right - 16:30
    Meet with Train 3005 northbound, at Delano around 16:32
    Caney Storage 16:41
    Allen Sidings clear through - 16:43 note freight cars on the left in storage after you pass the cross over
    Tunnel approaching Dante - 16:58
    Dante, with First Moss Turn awaiting departure (4 locos) - 17:03
    Arrival in siding - 17:07

If you can let me know how your experience differs from the above that would be really helpful.

Thanks
    Matt.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I had this issue so I have driven it again to get the timings.

This train is heavy and underpowered so getting it going is a challenge. Once the train is set up and the brake pipe has reduced to allow departure a few minutes has passed and for the first steep section of the route it is not possible to reach line speed like an AI train would. After that I was hugging the speed limit whenever possible and would have been later than the following times had I been driving normally.

Depart Elkhorn - 16:18 rolling slowly
    Junction with Greenbriar - 16:45
    Meet with train - 16:49 (it’s waiting at signal already)
    Caney Storage - 17:06 ish
    Allen Sidings start - 17:09 - yellow signal
    Red signal at crossover - I arrived at 17:12 - The offending Moss train that blocks the way gets there at the same time and its service ends as the driver disappears and then resume at 17:25 for the next part.

There is no service on CRR where the player can keep to the times that the AI can. I think an extra loco would help here but I doubt a player could get to Dante before the Moss train gets a clear signal. I did notice on the map that by 17:04 the Moss train had left Dante and was well on its way up the line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. DTG Matt

Ok, that explains what's happening - I will try and take a look, no promises when I can get a fix but I now at least understand what it is.

Thanks!
    Matt.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

It's impossible to be at the Greenbriar branch junction by 16:30 as you spend the first 10mins or so waiting for the Brake Pipe to charge from zero.

When I ran the service (PC version btw -- Not that I think it matters); I managed to get to the branch by 16:50....I could maybe get there by 16:45 as Stujoy did if I had a bit more luck on my side during the startup...but being there at 16:30 is impossible, which obviously throws everything out with the AI/Signalling/Dispatcher.

The southbound SD-40 services are known to be quite tricky at the start if they are loaded, as one of them is featured in the journey (in the snow no less). Many had issues with it:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/clinchfield-journey-help.38611/

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I made it into the sidings at Potter Coal by 16:30. There is no way you get to Greenbriar junction in that time.
    (PS4)

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

While there is nothing to be done about the slow climb up the initial grade, unless the service were rewritten to give you an additional loco (surely the real CRR assigned a GP7 or two to give you a push up the hill?), there are a couple of things you can do to ameliorate, though by no means solve, the lengthy brake charge-up.

1) First thing, set the MU2A valve
    2) Indy brake fully applied
    3) Auto brake handle to release
    4) Cut in auto brake valve (in that order; otherwise you'll pop the PCS)
    5) Gen field on, reverser in neutral, set throttle to notch 2 (compressor runs faster)
    6) Now mess with your lights and whatever else

Now, EOTDs were not yet around, and sadly the in-game air flow meter is nonfunctional- but you can use the rear 3 camera to fly inside the caboose and focus on the brakeman's gauge, which is more important here than the one in the cab. Note that when BP pressure gets to about 80 you can pull, even though the brakes aren't yet completely released.

10. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Running the exact same service and arrived at arround 17:18 at Allen. I did that service in clear weather and managed to be around 2 mphs below the track speed limit and well, now I am standing there. Cant quite understand this bug, because the AI should be able to solve this situation by getting the dispatcher confirmation to couple to the original consist because nothing is blocking the way there. If that feature isnt implemented, it should be because these situations are avoidable.

EDIT: I run on PC, just to confirm that it also happens on PC.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Matt,

I know you're all busy with the TSW launch but would you please be kind enough to look into this issue and follow-up on this if you get a chance? It doesn't look like this was ever resolved and as of today (September 2022) it's still not possible to complete this service as tested on TSW3 on PS5. This one broken service really hurts the entire time table.

It's impossible to keep to the timings needed in this service which leads to the stuck red signal as originally reported, it looks like for whatever reason this wasn't addressed.

I just ran this service for the first time and everything seems to be happening as originally reported back in 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I remember putting in the effort to get the timings for this and am eagerly awaiting a fix. I am also on the edge of my seat waiting for the Banking Comm to be added to the locos so the services with helpers can be driven without having to go to the back of the train and manually drive those as well. That was said to be on ‘the list’ to be fixed.

The TSW tumbleweed passes by to remind us of the reality…

I reckon this will remain forever broken. I just don’t think DTG will ever get round to it. As for the much needed switcher DLC and some extra use of the numerous coal loading facilities along the lines, I don’t think they will materialise either. It was such a good route with so much potential too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I don't think we should give up hope and should politely keep reminding the team that these things were intended to be fixed awhile ago and with and there's a large group of customers devoted to the simulation that are really hoping and waiting to see these fixed.

Matt is a busy guy but he's also been an advocate for the community to get some of these issues looked at in the past and a catalyst to get the fix's moving in the right direction. Hopefully that can happen again.

Surely getting banking comm and a single time table adjustment both changes that will drastically increase the customer experience for those purchasing or who have purchased the route is something we should be able to get fixed?

It's discouraging of course that it has yet to be resolved but maybe it just slipped under the rug and now that it's being brought up again we will see some movement on these issues?

I'll do my best to keep politely and respectfully promoting the idea of getting this issue resolved and baking comm added.

• Like Like x 2
  14. DTG Matt

Not forgotten, just been exceptionally busy. Please do feel free to keep resurrecting for any updates of course, but if there is any, either Adam or myself will be sure to get it in a roadmap update ;)

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  15. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

I just had this. Funnily enough the very last service I have left to do for this DLC.

Edit: I'm on PC, it's the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. phil.elliott

phil.elliott Well-Known Member

DTG Matt Just a heads-up that as of the latest patch, this red light issue still persists. With the consist as it is, I don't believe anybody on any platform has managed to arrive at Allen in time to avoid the oncoming service.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

In some sense it is correct to say that this train #3014 is supposed to clear Allen Storage before the arrival of the other train (which is the Moss Turn Part 2 service). However, the root cause is that the Moss Turn is not being held at the the exit of Dante Yard North for your arrival. If you spawn in anywhere on foot and watch, you can see that #3014 enters Dante first, and then the Moss Turn leaves, to do its work at Allen undisturbed. Why this train isn't held in the instance where a player is driving #3014, I don't know. Spawning in just before #3014 leaves and taking over the service also doesn't help. I tried spawning in earlier and letting #3014 come in via the portal, then taking over the service, but I could not get a response out of the throttle that way. A lost cause, I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1