Polls For New Content / Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Noel06, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Hi guys
    I got an idea how the community can work indirectly with DTG. For example, if there is to be a new German or English route or new loco, DTG could conduct polls as to which route should be developed for Train Sim World 2 from the options given.
    Example:

Hello everyone, today we picked out a few examples and would like to know which ones would interest you the most. Please take part in the survey!
    Thanks!

- Bahnstrecke Mannheim - Frankfurt (Main)
    - Schnellfahrstrecke Mannheim - Stuttgart / Highspeed Route Mannheim - Stuttgart

- The Main Neckar Bahn In Germany

- Filstalbahn / Geislinger Steige: Stuttgart - Ulm

What do you think of this idea? Comment it below.
    Take care of yourselves!
    Noel06

• Like Like x 2
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure DtG would have already done this if they had multiple choices to pick from every time. Unfortunately we have regressed from the years where they posted long surveys with dozens of options of routes from different countries to gauge interest among the playerbase, to the current reality of nobody having a clue what's possible to be done next month, next quarter, next year or beyond.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Would they research and gain permissions and licensing for four routes and then hand over the final decision to a poll on the forum or would they do the poll first and then run the risk that they then can’t make the route that was chosen due to issues with licensing or research options? Both sound like a recipe for DTG ending up doing far too much work for nothing and/or a potential public relations disaster. Or was this just an excuse to link to some of your suggestions?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

DTG deactivated this function so it is not possible do make one.

5. devonte333

devonte333 New Member

Then how do you get then

6. simon_fielding

simon_fielding Well-Known Member

In my opinion, it is an alright suggestion. But, some players could get sad or frustrated If their favourite route or local line isn’t picked. Although it’s a good idea, I’d personally be happy with what they release rather than getting excited about them considering a route which won’t be picked.

7. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

You can‘t even get it!

8. devonte333

devonte333 New Member

Ok then.

9. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

My biggest issue with this is that the people who voted for the losing options would cause a lot of drama. And I don't blame them cuz I would be very upset too if one of my favorite routes is on a poll and doesn't end up winning.