Ny-trenton: Usa Content Is Still Severely Flawed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TripleJ814, Feb 9, 2023.

?
  1. I find the issues to not be a big deal, and it’s fine the way everything is

17.1%
  2. I find the issues to be ridiculous and DTG needs to address this

76.5%
  3. I have a differing opinion - it would be nice if you could reply to the thread explaining why

6.4%
  1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

They were quite open about all the problems with this route ahead of release, and that they had decided to release it in this state rather than take the necessary time to sort out everything it's missing.

Anyone who decided to buy it knowing that, well, you know what you say about fools and their money...

• Like Like x 9
  2. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

At rush hour there should be quite a few trains lined up going into New York Penn with a full Amtrak, NJ Transit, and LIRR timetable. There should be gridlock at the busiest times.

3. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

TripleJ814 I hear you. But gridlock controlled by a real human dispatcher is different than gridlock caused by a confused AI dispatcher.

I want the heavy traffic don't get me wrong. But I want a smooth run and spot on PTC systems more.
    And I want to be able to trust the red light.

I am having a lot of fun with the Trenton route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TripleJ814

Yeah fair point. I still think a few LIRR trains at Penn won’t hurt though. They work fine in the scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You can't fix every single bug. There will always be bugs in games and software.

6. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

I purchased it and refunded it after "not planned to fix". Not supporting lazyness.

• Like Like x 10
  7. ajp31

ajp31 Member

Hey! That's my video! ;)

Here's another of my videos, at Harrison during the PM rush in August 2019. This doesn't even show the Morristown/Montclair trains to/from New York, but with the Corridor, Coast Line, and Raritan lines (plus Amtrak) it's never more than about five minutes between trains.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

If you buy something, you go have a look for yourself and try it out, and not let somebody's opinion/critism deciding your choice. Most people only make complain post on the forums anyway. (same as me)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Princess Entrapta

Eh. I was well informed enough from what DTG showed and said to know I wasn't interested in buying it. They convinced me by stating categorically that the route would have issues that were deal breakers for me. No trial period needed.

• Like Like x 5
  10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Simulated reality really are your kidding,Alot of the problems with the NJ trenton route are not new but they show DTG cares little for the final product and only that they release something on the release date given.

This wasn't a great triple offering.
    This should be three strikes and your out.

Whoever in charge of setting release dates should be given a hornby train set and told to go away and let the adults get about there work before there out of work.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, " caveat emptor " of course. There's certainly enough information in just this one thread to enable someone to make an informed decision.

But that doesn't absolve the developer from publishing a less than stellar product that has disappointed a lot of people, nonetheless.

And I can understand why someone new to the game might have been persuaded by the PR campaign leading up to the launch. Not everyone reads the forums.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

OK then and for the Raritan Valley Line trains they also use a Comet II-V coach like 5244 and MLV 7523 this should be correct in the game unless they got the numbers in correct. Perhaps they should add the Raritan Valley Line in the future that way RVL ALP-45DP can then become the Bay Head to NY Penn services playable to Rahway both ways
    20230217_203731.jpg 20230217_084509.jpg

13. Princess Entrapta

Indeed, I am pretty sure MOST people who purchase games do so without looking into them in detail and doing a bunch of research beforehand. It's probably a significantly lower proportion with something like a train simulator simply due to how much of a niche market it is, but it's still going to be a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  14. SHINO BAZ

Don't forget DTG also tends to put the base game on sale alot,which can lure in uninformed people who may have little to no clue what technical mess there about to encounter.
    While thoses who want a dlc sale may or may not barely ever see one.(for example steam almost always gets sales,while xbox players have to beg for them).

• Like Like x 2
  15. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

And that’s the part that I don’t get . I thought it was a little arrogant when they were pretty open about the lackluster content and just being transparent running out of time for the time table. And still people when out and purchase. So I think this will be even worse for the future. They know that people wil complain and write negatively about the content but at the end they wil still buy the product. So I’m concerned about the future and state of upcoming DLCs

• Like Like x 2
  16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Well, so long as DTG has a virtual monopoly and until there is a full editor, we, as players, will have very little influence on content.

Best we can hope for is to keep posting on this and other critical threads and hope their collective conscience is pricked.

• Like Like x 3
  17. MAX1319

DTG has already moved on to the next DLC which I believe to be Niddertalbahn. By next week. This will be on shelved into history. Sad end to what could had been one of the greats

• Like Like x 3
  18. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Niddertalbahn is TSG not DTG so they have nothing to do with it development. And you know if Maik puts his name on it, then it will be top draw stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  19. MAX1319

Yup you’re correct on that. Not sure what DTG is working on then….

20. redrev1917

Well we know what they aren't working on sadly :(

• Like Like x 3
  21. MAX1319

I know we have to be realistic but also I’m trying to be optimistic that Joethefish will do his magic and get the NEC timetable to the proper form. Just like the bakerloo, Hamburg,Dresden,BML,Bremen, both Dresden,Augsburg,Koln,Wurzburg,Harlem,Rhein-Ruhr……

• Like Like x 1
  22. rennekton#1349

Read the roadmap. Dtg have the German route (Mainz to Koblenz) and the uk steam route

• Like Like x 1
  23. TripleJ814

It's only been less than a week since release, we gotta give them time. A new timetable or clipping issues aren't quick jobs, we'd hear more about those on a roadmap stream if anything.

• Like Like x 1
  24. redrev1917

They've already said they aren't investigating the timetable.
    And tbh from the streams and YouTube videos I've seen, I'm not sure if the signalling system could cope with many more services

• Like Like x 1
  25. MAX1319

I think they had mention that they try putting more services it didn’t work so they ran out of time and left it as is.So if the signaling is still an issue that would had to be investigated and sorted out before even thinking about adding more services. Adding more services has not even been mentioned so that’s where we are.

• Like Like x 1
  26. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I think this is the major issue here. These new signals are supposedly so improved. But before release we were told every time they increased services, the route crashed, until they reached the point where they "had" to release it in its current state. Let's put aside the arbitrary and self-imposed deadline. What we don't know is if the signals can even handle more traffic. Of course I don't own this route, but there's enough feedback to surmise that, in its current state, it does not work properly, and the signals are a part of that. Perhaps DTG were under the impression that they could recycle a few old routes, lean on Brandon for the signals, design one new train and half the scenery for the new route, and that would be that. Except, in the end someone from DTG had to actually implement the signals, because Brandon is not their employee, and was just advising. Even then, Brandon has also stated that the signals were not implemented using the method that he would have chosen.

So, to get back to the main point, I agree that there is probably more work needed to the structure of this route in order to support more trains. I would have doubted that DTG would make such an effort, even if they hadn't already come out and said that they will not. They have moved on, and so will I. On to the next DLC!

• Like Like x 3
  27. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

And not to forget, the addons manager. That should now be more important than any future routes!

• Like Like x 1
  28. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

See you in 2037 :D

29. SHINO BAZ

Two notes on the route.
    When released it should be better then anything DTG rushes out.
    But as we have seen if faults sneak into the final product TGS is good at dealing with them as quickly as he can.
    And since this is his frist route he deserves abit more understanding because of it,While DTG has no excuse after doing it and learning nothing because of them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. rennekton#1349

It would likely come before that. Union workshop is creating Asian content

31. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

32. TripleJ814

Surprised this thread still isn’t locked by how off topic it’s become…

33. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I’d bet that the majority of people that buy these routes are just people that see them on Steam/PSN/Xbox and think the pics look cool and buy them without ever coming into forums like this. In fact I have a feeling there’s probably a lot of players out there that buy the game and 1 or 2 routes, find the learning curve too high and don’t play much. Then on here we are hardcore players that have hundreds of hours and multiple routes/hundreds of dollars into it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  34. MAX1319

At this point there’s really not much more that we can say. Especially after the fact that even after in such a short period of time this thread is in the 10 ten all time in DTG forums, for the outrage of US content and even after all that they made their sales. So not sure if we actual help or might have made it worse since now they know the extent players will go and buy new content even with all the issues that were know ahead. I mean they said up front everything to basically turn you away from buying…. From recycled scenery from two previous routes ,lackluster timetable, no AI, no freight, no LIRR, not sure how much more they could had said. And still, people purchased it…….

• Like Like x 6
  35. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

At least DTG put some effort into NYC-Trenton.
    (Defently alot more than the UP heritage pack, that was thrown together and thrown out the door with little care)

• Like Like x 3
  36. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

They are “jobs” that should have been on the flow chart to fix before release. If I buy a new car, I don’t expect to drive it off the forecourt with one of the doors just painted with primer. Day 1 when the route builder sat down and plonked in the assets that were known to clip, he should have been on to the 3D modelling team - this item needs a rework or resize. Sadly I do begin to think DTG are struggling for actual route building talent where TSW is concerned, whether that is the actual route itself or the models that go in it. Otherwise, why reuse assets known to be flawed in the first place? Back in the day that I worked on MSTS route building, our team had several accomplished 3D modellers and artists who relished the challenge of producing a complex building or structure.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe this will be their way going forward - churn out 3 DLCs at once, and one might be ok - in this case, Acela :D

• Like Like x 4
  38. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

the UP Heritage was a joke it could have been so much better
    the Trenton route was ok

the Acela was very nice
    the sounds could be a somewhat better on it
    if you drive at fast speed you can hear the sound looping (repeats)

39. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

Perhaps I didn't strike a nerve with you, but the person who initially responded to me was yelling, so they seemed upset with me.
    I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. Glad you saw where I was coming from & thanks for chiming in.

• Like Like x 1
  40. northeasttrainman

northeasttrainman Active Member

I don't think DTG will merge anything with the RVL for this route, and they explicitly stated timetable adjustments aren't their priority at the moment. However, there is a train that uses Track 5 in the DLC. I forget the time, but there's a ALP-46 that blasts through NWK on Track 5, presumably for the RVL. I didn't follow the train, but since 5 is reserved for RVL, I figured it was an AI train that diverges at Hunter & leaves the map.

There's a 99% chance that's the best we'll see from this DLC regarding the RVL.
    No ALP-45 or PL42AC, just ALP-46s with their pans down running on Track 5. I'm confident enough to put some money on it.

• Like Like x 1
  41. driverwoods#1787

Okay then looks like the solution might be North Jersey coastline a requested train simulator classic Route that can merge here at Rahway and make that service playable from Track 5 to NYC since it has ALP-45DPs like my local RVL.
    Development team should have made that playable services that start from Newark to NY pen

42. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

We can't forget the comet IV/V Cab Car. The only thing is DTG might end up making Comet V Coaches as well which makes sense, but at the same time idk

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. driverwoods#1787

Got it now but in reality, a Comet V Cab Car will run with a Comet IV & Comet V non-cab cars behind it. An example of that formation is the 19:12 Newark Penn Track 5 RVL train 5747 ALP-45DP with Comet IV & V. For the route in question I am going to base it off the August 21, 2021, set-up for NEC Train Train 3854 14:59 Trenton 15:25 New Brunswick RWJ/Rutgers Uni Station to NYC which arrived at 16:10 that one had ALP-46 or ALP-46A rear front was Comet V 6043 with Comet IV/V coaches at the back.

44. MAX1319

Saw a video for a 13:32 NJT multilevel cab car service from Penn station to Rahway where I only saw two AI trains which where both the Acela. One pulling into Penn, the other as he was shutting down service at Rahway passing heading to Trenton....So 2 AI trains on the entire run.......... that is awful.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  45. MAX1319

So even if you take the 101 sunnyside yard moves that leaves only 188 services that terminate and originate from Penn station in a 24 hour timetable. we all the issues currently with the signaling, can it actually handle any more services. At this point it looks like we might have another LIRR in our hands…not being able to add any more services………I hope I’m wrong and they actually get it fix and get the timetable to a proper form. Would love to get this route in the future…..

• Like Like x 2
  46. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned that the issue with the cut services was time, and that he was confident that more trains would work on the route.

47. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

They probably gon treat this dlc like the LIRR dlc, another excuse including not so "busy" type timetable and then some..they going to focus on more upcoming routes (uk or german) to make sure they get what they want....Great poll and answer by the 76%ers.

• Like Like x 5
  48. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Kind of crazy to have benches you can sit on for the one route with no AI timetable.

There’s nothing to watch. What’s the point?

• Like Like x 8
  49. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I have been asking that same question myself, about the benches, but also about the Training Center in general.

• Like Like x 4
  50. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had such high hopes. It's a great idea, but they haven't done anything with it.

• Like Like x 2