Summary: New Tidbits Of Info On Future Dlcs!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Feb 26, 2023.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Quite a lot of info on Linke Rheinstrecke, Niddertalbahn and Midland Mainline as well as cut content from Kassel-Würzburg has recently been revealed on the TSC Discord, the RailSim forums and in the charity stream. Since this essentially hasn’t been talked about here on the forums at all, I figured I’d write down a little summary for you all:
    • Niddertalbahn will be the next German route to release, followed closely by Linke Rheinstrecke. This is the current plan and could obviously still change.
    • Like Rheinstrecke is precisely set in 1997/1998, before the big rebuild of Mainz station.
    • Niddertalbahn adds about 51 drivable BR 628 services to Linke Rheinstrecke. A lot of these are drivable between Mainz and Bingen, but some go all the way to Koblenz.
    • Linke Rheinstrecke adds AI to Niddertalbahn.
    • There are services with two 628s coupled together on Niddertalbahn.
    • The front and PIS of the BR 628 was recently completely overhauled to match the proportions and textures closer to the real loco.
    • In the charity stream today, Matt mentioned the scenery team created lots of new assets and vignettes for Linke Rheinstrecke.
    • They’re also working on getting some BR 103 passenger wagon screenshots added to the next Roadmap.
    • The special collectible for Like Rheinstrecke (alongside the usual route map, first aid point and tourist poster) will be a Cuckoo Clock.
    • The collectibles for Skyhook’s Midland Mainline are ticket machine, bench, poster and bin.
    • The timetable for Kassel-Würzburg includes multiple hidden descriptions mentioning ICE services starting and ending at Lohr. Thus, the curve connecting the Schnellfahrstrecke to Main Spessart Bahn was probably once part of the playable area. There are some leftovers such as a rudimentary station building and platforms at Lohr.
    Edit: More stuff from the stream and Discord!
    • They were once planning on doing a Pacer DLC for Tees Valley Line, but it was apparently removed from the schedule before any considerable work on it took place.
    • They were close to developing a German Desiro HC train with its own route. Got scrapped for unknown reasons.

There is some additional info you could probably find if you look more closely at all the different sites and forums. For example, there recently was a… ummm… leak. But we don’t talk about that, not now at least. Maybe I’ll make a post about it at some point, or someone else will. In the meantime, you can find more on the TSC Discord.

Update: A few days later, discussion about the leak is increasing. I’m posting it below with a clear spoiler warning and a disclaimer JD shared on Discord.

To quote JD:
    upload_2023-2-28_23-50-18.png

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That doesn't make a lot of sense- the cuckoo clock is specifically associated with the Schwarzwald, well to the south around Freiberg im Breisgau.

• Like Like x 5
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Interesting and for this one
    From that information it seems both Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg Kassel Wilhelmshöhe Würzburg Hbf and Main Spessart Bahn Hanau Asschaffenburg Laufach Heigenbrücken Lohr Gemünden Würzburg Hbf do share Würzburg Hauptbahnhof as their common origin point. In real life stand at Lohr Bahnhof around 01:50-02:00 Dispolok MRCE DB Baureihe 182 derivative ÖBB Baureihe 1016/1116 runs here service was originally the 21:39 Aachen 22:10 Köln Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen trip

4. mgbgt

mgbgt Well-Known Member

If the collectibles are known does this mean mml may be close?

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You'll know it'll come out soon once the achievements get released for consoles or leaked on steamdb. Usually happens like idk 2-3 weeks before release based on what's happened in the past.

6. stijn.claessens

stijn.claessens Well-Known Member

I wonder what this weeks TSW stream will be.

7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The next two German routes look very good, I think the quality level will be much higher than what we saw in the recent NYT.
    Regarding this, WonterRail already created a thread some time ago with a lot of information and pictures of that hidden part of the route:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/kassel-würzburgs-best-kept-secret.58196/
    It's likely that this connection was originally planned but was eventually scrapped for some reason.

Hopefully one day we can enjoy an extension of this route similar to SEHS, where in addition to this connection we will see the merger with MSB building the missing regional line between Wurzburg and Gemünden. Dreaming is free :D

• Like Like x 4
  8. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I think this also explains why we got regional rolling stock included with KWG which only performs AI services (a very unusual thing for TSW DLCs). These were likely drivable to and from Lohr at some point, and when they removed that branch line from the route, they didn’t want to discard the rolling stock as well.

9. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Links, please ?!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Ok, just for you. But we need to be careful, exposing this to the wider forum audience could lead to significant false expectations.

To quote JD:
    upload_2023-2-27_14-37-31.png

• Like Like x 5
  11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

These two will end up being an interesting point of discussion since Niddertalbahn is set in 1992 and LR in 1997/8. Between these years, logos changes to the DB AG logo we know today. So both layers will feature inaccurate logos for the period they layer into. Not much of a problem for me given how much variety it adds, but worth mentioning. Br 103, we've seen had the wrong logo anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well incorrect layers haven't been a barrier before. Unfortunately you can't turn them off either.

However on a route set in 1997 it wouldn't be unusual to see liveries and logos from 1992, it doesn't really work the otherway round. As I don't know that much about German routes it wouldn't worry me too much unlike on a UK route, it will add some variety. Some German railway fans might not be so happy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Based on the official reason they have been on NEC: Trenton, many services were left out because of the different loco.

14. theorganist

There seems to be different approaches to different routes. Admittedly WCL was a Rivet route but the layers on there, which were a total fabrication of railway history, were DTG content so I assume they had a hand in it.

The TGV which appears on SEHS is another.

• Like Like x 1
  15. solicitr

For that matter, even the much praised BML timetable has to somewhat fictionalize reality to get HSTs in.

16. solicitr

It was definitely a period of transition: new logo (officially adopted 1994); new color (adopted 1996)- but in practice it takes a long time to repaint a huge inventory of rolling stock.
    All of these photos are from 1997:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Old Kekse, new Kekse, no Kekse; ocean blue and ivory, DR red, even the old cobalt blue F-zug livery which was supposedly replaced in the 1970s.

Not pictured: the old Bundesbahn Kekse rendered in Orientrot, not gray. Those were around too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  17. solicitr

Another era-bending pic from 1997:
    picture-0060.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

A shame the Pacer got canned. Love them or hate them, this could have layered on at least routes - TVL and NTP with a bit of licence on the era.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 25262

25262 Well-Known Member

They would not fit on NTP because they were first built in 1985 and NTP is based in 1983.

20. OldVern

Yes I know, hence my statement about a bit of licence and no worse than the mish mash of eras the TSC version released with!

• Like Like x 3
  21. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

So that's:
    • AAE - no idea, the only rail-related thing I could find for AAE is Ahaus Alstätter Eisenbahn, a Swiss wagon leasing company, which I presume the DLC isn't about
    • BNSF - BNSF doesn't have heritage units, which was my first thought as to what this could be
    • Class 700 - I think most of us expected this to come at some point
    • CB - no idea, could just be a codename for something not locked down
    • BR 403 - we already have this, so I'm unsure what this could be. Wonder if they're planning to decouple TSW1/2 trains from routes and just have a BR 403 "DLC" that comes with Munich-Augsburg and Kassel-Wurzburg
    • Midland Main Line - already announced
    • Linke Rheinstrecke - already announced
    • LocoBundle2 - wonder if this is the loco bundle we already have, or if there's plans for a third pack of reskins
    • PFV - again no idea, could be a codename or an abbreviation that isn't in regular use
    • Preston to Blackpool - interesting, would be short but if both lines are included there's potential for some variety
    • RailOGBR - no idea
    • WCSS - no idea, though I suspect it is not WCML-related

• Like Like x 4
  22. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Some good guesses in there!

Additionally, people in the discord seemed to match PFV with Peak Forest (Valley?). This would explain why JD slightly mixed up the words in the summit reveal, perhaps their internal name for the route is different to the public one. Also, WCSS matches up perfectly with Rivet‘s upcoming West Cornwall Steam Special DLC.

Since the Loco Bundle add-on was apparently created just a few weeks ago, I believe this is indeed a new one. Worth noting this may very well be a combination of three other loco DLCs that will also be sold separately and are thus also on the list of leaked add-ons. Regarding the DB BR 403, they could perhaps be doing some additional liveries (like the rainbow or European-themed ones) for a loco pack.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. Shackamaxon

Shackamaxon Well-Known Member

Thanks mate...

I understand their reasoning for not revealing too much, too early. Also, some of these 'mysteries' will remain unsolved. But really helps me sleep better at night thinking that someday, I'll be driving even more trains...

Back in around 2015 ( I guess ) I started playing 'train-related games' as an expansion to my hobby. One night, I remember having a dream of a game where 'you have to interact with various elements in your train, and depending upon your decisions, you get revenue from your passengers.'

Today, TSW / RRO / DV are the closest things to that !

And just like a dream, it's happy to know what might materialize one day !

• Like Like x 1
  24. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I have a sneaky feeling Just Trains first TSW route is on that list. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t given at least one of the JT lads is from that neck of the woods..

• Like Like x 4
  25. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

would have been good especially for TVL, I’m not a particular fan of passenger service on that route, and the pacer I think would definitely make it better. Freights quite great though for TVL, I do freight services on that route regularly

I like the 101 but it gets a bit much stopping at every stop, and the 31 I prefer for freight and as its braking isn’t ideal like the 101 when it comes to needing to stop at every stop, and keeping both to times.

I’m quite shocked about their being a class 700 anytime soon after it was just said the route isn’t up to handle more locos at its current “memory optimisation level”

• Like Like x 1
  26. OldVern

Could be Preston to Blackpool, then. A fairly short route to cut their teeth on and while I hope it's pre-electrification era unless they go back before Blackpool North was modernised, Central closed and the line to South reduced to a One Train worked siding the infrastructure isn't that complex.

My personal hope would be mid eighties so we get Class 104 and Class 108 DMU's on the locals, with Class 47's layered in to haul Mark 2's (with the addition of First Class and appropriate Mark One catering cars) on the through services to/from Euston).

• Like Like x 7
  27. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

Blackpool Branch Lines: Preston-Backpool North/South, this thread explains everything that's needed in a TG08-style, would love it in either pre or post electrification era (I suggested it in the post but I don't mind if it's pre) ;)

28. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

BNSF does have their 25th Anniversary Sticker Units. Which there are 10 of them. However, they are all painted on ES44ACs, not the ES44C4s that we have in game. Of course we can't really tell much from just BNSF.
    50230321202_c79da693d0_b.jpg

Only other things is a loco DLC, though unsure if a simple redone model pack like BNSFs SD70ACes or AC44s, or a completely new unit like a SD70MACe, C44-9W etc...

29. TrainGeek08

My thoughts on DLC order: (this could change)

• West Cornwall Local Steam Railtour (Rivet Games)
    • Niddertalbahn (TSG)
    • Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz-Koblenz (DTG)
    • Peak Forest (DTG)
    • Midland Main Line (Skyhook Games)

30. olly.smail

olly.smail Well-Known Member

the 700 can be used on SEHS too, then could eventually layer onto BML, either way whatever happens i’ll be happy to see a train i’ve always wanted in game

• Like Like x 2
  31. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Seems to largely make sense, except we don’t really know if WCL Steam Railtour will get released before the German routes. Rivet have committed to fixing Glasgow-Edinburgh before resuming work on that pack.
    Additionally, the collectibles for Midland Main Line are already in the files. This might not mean much, but considering the textures and models on MML looked quite finished compared to Peak Forest, I’m assuming we might be able to play this before Peak Forest (and after the German routes and West Cornwall Steam, of course).

• Like Like x 1
  32. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

Also, the 10 locos are all the same and don't differ that much from the regular livery, which makes them unlikely to be DLC in my opinion.

33. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

wouldn’t the interior/livery be entirely different ?, if so stuff like that is never added into layers, especially if it’s drastic changes like the Scotrail 43 and GWR 43

34. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

Well, this beauty was the german class 403 before the ICE took over the name/number. One can dream!
    See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DB_Class_403_(1973)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  35. olly.smail

no, thameslink trains have an all 700 fleet of which is seen on the SEHS route between dartford and rainham

• Like Like x 2
  36. driverwoods#1787

Let me see the Northwest Branch of the Calder Valley Line where 158 150 153 155 & 156 Northern Rail Sprinters run on

37. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Interesting...we're getting the correct route, but by 1997 the units were withdrawn. Would be interesting to drive them.

From Wiki:
    On 28 March 1982 the ET 403 were recommissioned as the Lufthansa Airport Express, a shuttle service connecting the airports of Düsseldorf and Frankfurt along the picturesque West Rhine Railway via Bonn Hauptbahnhof.[13] Usage ended in 1993 due to increasing corrosion of the aluminium sheets.

38. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Unless DTG wants to be really cheeky with another quick US Freight DLC, in which they modify the ES44C4 into an ES44AC and sell that as a pack with H3 paint as well as the 25th Anniversary schemes.

39. driverwoods#1787

Best option for them to be on Linke Rheinstrecke is the route being set to the 1980s

40. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

So is the 628 the only train normally seen on this line?

41. TrainGeek08

Yeah, I agree, just swap the Niddertalbahn and/or Linke Rheinstrecke and West Cornwall Local Steam Railtour around then ;)

42. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I believe it did the vast majority of services during the timeframe the route is set in. There was a diesel loco (looked a bit like the Ludmilla, but not the same) with some old DoSto wagons that did some additional services, but I’m assuming that would’ve just been way too much development work for a handful of services. TSG is a small studio, so they could only pick one piece of rolling stock, and the BR 628 is definitely a very fitting choice in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  43. mkraehe#6051

mkraehe#6051 Well-Known Member

The blue 363 would be appropriate (here's a picture of one in 1991) on freight trains, carrying wood or sugar beet. I don't think the right wagons are in-game though.

44. SHINO BAZ

It says in this routes info it mostly a single track route,but i'm guessing there would at least be passing tracks at stations maybe,so beyond the mostly single track line does this route have any small yards or siding for extra usefullness?

45. theorganist

There is a timelapsed cabride of the route somewhere on youtube. I am certain there were passing places. Looks like a nice quaint little route.

46. SHINO BAZ

If your referring to a youtube video speed up 10x i think i found it.
    There are a small number of passing tracks at stations but it has mostly single track stations.There are a few stations that intersect with main lines,but i did notice that there where dopplestocks with high door coaches useing 218's or 245 diesels for power dependining on the time period.If DTG did this route and chose to include this train it be interesting to hear matt tell us again why they still can't make highdoor dopplestocks(but who knows either way)for this route either.BTW how much of this video represents the route being made by TGS?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  47. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That is a PTSD I didn't know I had :D

• Like Like x 1
  48. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

So it turns out we might have three candidates for the loco bundle DLC. As user Laika on Discord noticed, the following DLC have been getting updates at the same time:
    • Loco Bundle 2
    • RailOGBR
    • BNSF
    • DBBR403
    This would obviously mean that RailOGBR is British (the other two are pretty clear). But take it with a grain of salt as always, this could just be a coincidence.

Edit: Achievements for Niddertalbahn and Mainz-Koblenz are also on PS5 now. Seems like they’ll indeed be released in close proximity.

49. olly.smail

could the 700 not be a part of it?

50. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

I hope the BNSF loco is something good and not the fictional out-of-place ATSF F7 and New Journeys SD40 we had before.

Personally, i'd hope for a C40-8W in either BNSF livery, or fakebonnet. Would be nice to see a loco with desktop controls again. A BNSF SD70ACe is good too. But please not another out-of-place abomination like the two previous loco bundles.

• Like Like x 3