Sound From Outside- Inside The Cab

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ian1991, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

So even with all the updates that have improved the running of the game i still find on GWE once i complete a service and exit one train, soon as i enter another the sounds screwed and is twice as loud with the outside noise.

BIG put off as you cant play the game how its intended to I have to exit and load services one by one to keep the sound correct?

Please sort this out very frustrating.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Yes I have this bug since the release of GWE too. No fix so far, this totally kills the fun playing TSW for me.

• Like Like x 6
  3. class350

class350 Member

Same. Must be fixed

• Like Like x 2
  4. class350

class350 Member

It is an unreal engine 4 issue, and dtg can not fix it until UE4 release there own update, which could be never. Only solution is to get a better PC, as the issue is apparently triggered by a "bottleneck" in CPU resources. That's the end of TSW for me then. Until this is fixed at least.

5. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

i dont think you know at all what the issue is, i've experienced this on my rig and it is not 'slow' by any means..

i7 8700k 4.9ghz
    16gb
    gtx1080
    xf-fi extreme audio pci (exp)

• Like Like x 2
  6. class350

class350 Member

My Pc is below recommended specs, but handles the game on full settings at 35 fps. So mine is very smooth visually too.It is how it handles in the background that causes it I think. Still, I'm only going off a few lines of explanation dtg sent me.

7. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

i only seem to have the problem starting from the london end of the GWR line, or as i approach london paddington... seems like a bug in the code to me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. KevJag

KevJag New Member

9. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think this issue affects ALL DLC’s. Some worse than others. I think it’s something to do with the games’ sound engine.

The only fix would be through a core engine update.

10. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

this bug is rare for me on the Tee's Valley DLC, but 100% re-produicable on the NTP route.. and its really killing the immersion.

starting from leeds, 100% outside sounds, very loud in the cab... cant play it :(

why cant DTG work on this:?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. class350

class350 Member

Don't ask me... I've just been hanging here for 2 years in wait of anything at all to happen. I've pretty much forgotten about the game now, but I keep checking here, just in case.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Because it's a known UE fault, and there are many
    The main issue with even waiting for a core UE engine update which might fix this (and other) issues is that DTG use an amended version of the core engine, so even though UE has since been revised several times TSW is still on the version it was on at release

13. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Maybe it's possible for DTG to backport the fixes, once or if they arrive (or have they already?).This way they don't have to make sure everything still works. I have no idea however if backporting even is a thing with UE4

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Anytime you move core engines you should check everything still works... especially on this forum

• Like Like x 1