Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. hasco

hasco Member

If you’ve ever seen the Thalys I can assure you the French are good at one thing, not maintaining stuff.

2. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

It means when asked the question “can you fix all the problems this game has in a timely manner?” The answer will be “non” instead of “no”

• Like Like x 6
  3. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

LMAO :D:D:D:D

4. hiromaru

hiromaru Active Member

NY
    The results in relation to deposit do not get more than bronze medal

5. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

you weren't on the version ps4 users have then because it isn't there.

same situation for me. the steam guide for LPC shows white/gray wagons.

• Like Like x 1
  6. stimp#5938

So DTG JD here’s a mile stone for you guys. The Dresden commuter achievement is now twenty months broken. Quite an achievement Dovetail!
    upload_2023-4-28_18-34-40.png

• Like Like x 5
  7. imstylinonyabro

is there a dedicated thread for TSW3 bugged achievements / trophies?

8. rich#3924

rich#3924 Member

Please doees anyone know will this achievement ever be fixed for TSW2 on PC(Steam)
    BR 187: A long First Trip
    Complete the DB BR187 scenario 'From Aachen to Ehrenfeld'

9. stimp#5938

Dear gamers,

It is worth noting, and I’m certain it’s been said before, that you can also drop a rapport at Xbox about a broken achievement.
    Not sure how it works on Playstation, but on Xbox it’s a simple proces.

Follow these easy steps as found on the Trueachievement website:

First you will need to download the Report a Problem app from the store on your console.
    Once it is installed, you will get a new 'report a problem' button on the menu that pops up when you hold down the Guide button on your controller.

With the offending game, in this case TSW2 or TSW3, running, go ahead and open that menu and hit the 'report' button — after a brief pause, you will be taken to the Report a Problem app.

Start by hitting 'Report new problem,' then ‘Continue with standard diagnostics’. Next, select 'Games' from the dropdown menu, then choose the game in question, which should be at the top of the list as it will be the most recently played title. You'll then be able to choose to attach the screenshot and/or video that was captured when you first hit the report button. You can freely choose not to include these if they are not relevant. You then get the option of continuing with the text phase of the report either on console or via a mobile device, so it's up to you which you use.
    Enter a short title for your bug report — something like 'DRA: Dresden Commuter achievement will not unlock' is fine — then go into a little more detail in the following text box.
    Here, explain the problem in as much detail as you feel is necessary and remember to always remain civil. This is not a place to vent, rather one to clearly outline an issue to help the team identify and hopefully fix it. Once you're done, just hit the 'submit' button, and that's it!

I don’t know if it will help in any way. But I do hope that if we all keep the pressure on DTG will have to fix it.

10. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

its starting to really get me down now the amount of trophies not unlocking now in TSW2 it was fine until Nahverkehr Dresden then after that its been a gamble as to if the trophies will unlock. When things that complete a tutorial wont unlock makes you wonder if any testing was done at all. My guess is this is roughly when they were working on TSW3 so perhaps attention was elsewhere. If only they would dedicate some time to fix these issues

shame you cant have a utility built into TSW games than scans (a manual scan) to see what trophies you have hit the requirements for, nice idea but not sure it is practical. If more people turn away from TSW because of these issues DTG will be left in a dire state. They need to get TSW2 fixes out as well as a patch for the trophies / achievements. You cant fix every glitch but just enough so its in reasonable shape

Last edited: May 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Willowrpe

Massive update just contacted someone I saw on True Trophies who had unlocked trophies that would not for me and I was pointed to a solution. I have started to test it and right away 2 trophies that would not unlock worked right away! Do you remember when Sony told DTG they had too many trophies. Well looks like having / unlocking too many trophies in the game stops trophies unlocking. I was sent a link to a youtube guy who shows starting a new profile offline one and doing the trophies on that

2 training trophies which never unlocked, worked right away as I had not unlocked many by the time I attempted them. You then have to delete you main PS user profile and log in to your user profile on the new account I think it merges the trophy lists so it shows unlocked.

This means outside the 143km trophy. The rest that don't unlock are not DTG's fault it looks now a PSN issue. It very well sounds like another 64 GB software limit issue this time with trophies. At least on PS4 you could have separate lists. Just wish PS5 would split them.

I am going to try for the other trophies. If these work under then new system then I will apologise to DTG as this is now a PSN issue not a DTG one!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. imstylinonyabro

^^ i posted about this the other week for the LZN all scenarios trophy.

13. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

Unfortunately this still doesn't fix the missing collectibles (LPC: Fixing a hole).

Edit: I wouldn't blame it on the PSN since seemingly no other game has had problems like this. It still should be the responsibility of the developers to deliver a product which works without major workarounds required by the user to function.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
  14. Willowrpe

I have got the LPC Fixing a hole trophy but a few months ago

15. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

PS4 or PS5? I think on PS5 it's fixed, but on PS4 it isn't.

16. Willowrpe

17. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Yes I find it very weak that here again for ages no one has expressed more because of the problems!
    DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  18. Willowrpe

I have come to the conclusion they don't want to fix the simple achievement / trophy issues. And with the sheer amount of content they release they will probably never be able to get it in a good condition. I hope they realise when they don't fix the problems it puts people off and then reduces the amount of content they sell

I have wondered if they could add a utility to the game that can force a check to see if you have any trophy's achievements that should have unlocked then unlock them. Nice idea but I do expect it to be practical shame really

• Like Like x 2
  19. imstylinonyabro

if they don't wanna fix it, they shouldn't have mentioned making sure achievements and trophies unlock properly as part of the preservation crews main tasks. but i agree. they release way too much to keep up with and its only getting worse with just trains coming on board and that other company being reviewed. it's pretty sad.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Willowrpe

OMG I just finished the Horse Shoe Curve DLC pack one TSW2 PS5. one scenario gave me a massive head ache "first day on the job" for completing "Honk for the camera" scenario. I must have tried this loads of times. I did notice than on a blank user account and that scenario being my first scenario I did that if I finished the scenario in a single go the complete 1 scenario trophy would not unlock. BUT it I saved it before it completed then resumed the save it did unlock. Which lead me to believe that maybe for some odd reason the game was not registering the scenario which also meant you could not just resume the scenario and unlock the scenario's own trophy as tagged you as having completed it. Which sounds odd. So it may be some conflict it had set up that caused this to fail

21. TheTipsyRaccoon

I’m having issues with Horseshoe Curve’s 10 mile trophies, both of them.

If anyone had issues with these but got through it please let me know!

DTG JD I’m not loving this silence from you, presumably there are no updates which is getting a bit boring for you to say and us to read understandably, but any chance there will be trophy fixes with the preservation crew updates TSW2 will be getting at some point?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Willowrpe

yes I got both those HSC trophies one unlocked on another route with one of its locos and the other with a new PSN user account offline account then I logged into my account to sync with it so I had to jump through hoops to get it

• Like Like x 1
  23. Willowrpe

well I now have 410 out of 411 TSW2 trophies for the PS5 version only the Dresden Commuter commuter trophy left. Spirit of Steam trophies all unlocked on first attempt for me despite trophies from previous packs not doing so

24. stimp#5938

Well done! To bad Dresden Commuter is a real let down.

25. TheTipsyRaccoon

Can you explain how to do the new PSN account method please? I’m not sure I understand it from the post above.

26. Willowrpe

I created a new user account on my PS an offline account, I then deleted my normal PSN account from the console (make sure you have your game saves backed up!) then play TSW2 and unlock the trophies then when in this new account sign into your psn account and it adds the trophies you go to your list

• Like Like x 1
  27. TheTipsyRaccoon

DTG JD Is this how it is now then, silence? Have the new owners instructed you to wash your hands of TSW2?

28. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - sorry, no radio silence. I missed these in the glut of other notifications.

I don't have eyes on the TSW2 update at the moment to be able to confirm, but I know we're working towards (at a minimum), these updates that came into TSW3 on launch day: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/update-notes-train-sim-world-3-6th-september.58549/

As an aside though, and hopefully this would be evident - anything currently not working in TSW3 would also currently not be working in TSW2.

29. imstylinonyabro

that's not entirely accurate. "chopper and change" for the class 20 was bugged in tsw 2020 and tsw2. in order to do it, i had to back the train through the shed to get the red light to switch to yellow. on tsw3, no matter where i park the train, the light stays red and says "train in next section" when there isn't.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  30. Willowrpe

I just hope that the Nahverkehr Dresden DRA: Dresden Commuter trophy / achievement is fixed although by the way it looks on steam you have just deleted the achievement! As it only has 9 achievements in the pack and True Steam Achievements says 14 achievements were deleted! DTG need to get TSW2 into a good shape as we all know support will end for it so at least make sure trophies / achievements are fixed

31. TheTipsyRaccoon

It’s great that we may finally see these things on TSW2, but a large portion of these things were promised before the game even released, and now we’re over a year past the release of its sequel! The broken trophies have apparently had someone working on them for over a year now with embarrassingly little success.

It’s so tiresome having to chase this up every few months, the bare minimum you expect of a game is for all its features to work, I’m sure you and all of dovetail agree, but this timeframe is just cementing for me why I’ll not be buying another dovetail product again.

32. Willowrpe

I just think they have not bothered with the broken achievements / trophies due to the fact they are always working on new content, soon as its out move on to next content. They need to assign some time to get it done, probably wont take too long

• Like Like x 1
  33. imstylinonyabro

didn't they say last roadmap during this "downtime of new releases" they are gonna try to get the tsw2 stuff finished? at least that's what i gathered. anyway, it is frustrating, considering making sure trophies/achievements work as intended was one of the main pillars of bringing in the preservation team.

34. TheTipsyRaccoon

That’s exactly it. Get all hands on deck and they’ll probably have everything fixed and in testing in a week or two. Then everyone including us can move on.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Willowrpe

I believe they need some downtime every few releases so they can sort out issues that arise. The sooner TSW2 is brought up to a good state the better. Then they can move on and so do we. I don't expect products to launch perfectly but at least in good working order

• Like Like x 1
  36. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

They say alsorts in the Roddmap stream and we've learned to take what they say with a pinch of salt until it actually happens. Anything said in Roadmap streams is just hollow words

Last edited: May 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

its sad that we dont have the BR143 Dresden Commuter achievement in TSW3 , so we dont see any fix in TSW 2 if i unterstand that right , because it not need a fix in TSW3

• Like Like x 1
  38. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

the next thing is there is only one left in TSW 2 so why not finally fix it and finish this thread and after this we can start with TSW 3 , there are some unobtainables too

39. imstylinonyabro

another sad thing, is despite the pres team going over old routes to fix issues, they still persist. ie, SFJ bay area breakdown still crashes if not looking at the floor. quite sad.

40. Willowrpe

I bet the 143 km for the 143 is an easy fix as well. since less people play tsw3 compared to 2 if things carry on by tsw4 they wont have many people left who play it. it makes no sense not to finish fixes for tsw2 it creates good will.

• Like Like x 1
  41. imstylinonyabro

so this is funny in a bad way. On TSW3 ps5, the DRA tutorial for the 143 is broken. fortunately, you can complete it on tsw2 and import your save to get around it. However, i thought "may as well just do them all except the DRA route intro before switching over". I noticed the 766.2 tutorial is now broken and the old fix to simply close the doors no longer works, meaning the brake pressure keeps fluctuating between 9.5 and 8.5 and gets stuck in an infinite loop. This means the trophy/achievement for completing all training modules on TSw2 for theDRA route is no also broken alongside the 143km one, presumably on ps4 as well. simply lovely.

i really would love a fresh game for TSW4 where all the dang tutorials are via the training center that was so hyped up for tsw3. so frustrating having to do these overly long ones on the actual route and half the time they are broken causing a migraine.

42. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

I think this is the one I completed by shutting down the cab car and driving the whole thing from the locomotive. The things we do to complete missions for achievements...

Hate to burst your bubble, but TSW4 would not be a fresh game, as TSW3 wasn't, and so on. They take the latest TSW3 code, warts and all, add some stuff, change some other stuff, and call it TSW4.

43. Willowrpe

I sometimes think this legacy content needs to be junked in TSW4, well maybe fix and upgrade the trains but new routes built to the latest standards. Certainly tutorials need to be all redone up to the modern TSW3 standard

44. imstylinonyabro

agree. it's insanely frustrating redoing boston sprinter tutorials because they chose to start and providence and make them take 20-30 minutes because there's no closestations to stop at. it's also frustrating as can be on GWE having 2 route intros, and one is bugged preventing a trophy in tsw3. however, it's the original tsw1 gwe intro and it's not present in tsw2, so you can't import a save. it begs the question: how does the tsw1 gwe route intro not appear in tsw2, yet make its wayinto 3? just so inconsistent.

45. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

One of the 442 intr
    We STILL haven't had the update in TSW2 for that and a few other routes.

46. Willowrpe

I managed to get the trophy for the GWE tutorials I did the intro from TSW2 imported it into 3 luckily it did not require me to do the TSW3 intro (or is that TSW2020 intro?) I think they have got themselves into a right mess over it! This is legacy issues biting them as I said it needs really redoing. Hopefully the add ons manager which took up a huge amount of development time wont need to be done again which will help

47. imstylinonyabro

you got the intro trophy for GWE without doing them all on tsw3? perhaps i'll give it a go today then. found another blunder last night doing LIRR. ofc, it always worked fine, now on race day run (since they had to tinker with the timetable) no longer works as a train is just parked at the end of the route in your way -_-

48. Willowrpe

I did the intro of gwr and the rest of the tutorials expect one and it unlocked when I imported the save and completed the last one

49. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

Once again a complete disappointment from DTG. Exactly the same lies as at Cement Circle, exactly the same fight.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Willowrpe

And we don't know if the fix will happen this time. Don't they realise that not fixing stuff will end up costing them money as people wont want any new content the fact they have been bought out may say something ? Nobody expects everything to be perfect just so it functions properly and achievements / trophies and scenarios work properly

• Like Like x 4