Editor Crashes Always On Track Laying Again??

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by protonmw, Nov 16, 2023.

1. protonmw

protonmw Active Member

Editor crashes always on track laying again?? Has anyone else the same problem?
    Code:
    Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_STACK_OVERFLOW

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2023
  2. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

yup it pain. but for me it matching the Ribbon Loft Description with the right track rules profile to not make it crash. so for example if i use CJP_Trackwood_2, one of uk track rule might work or not make it crash.
    so i have the CN Oakville sub route and in the editor i pick for ribbon loft Description i used BP_US_Trackyard_01 and for track rule i used cajonpassSBYardtrack rule and so far hasn't crash laying track. but if i lay track to far ahead it crashes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Zeo2113

Zeo2113 Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. protonmw

protonmw Active Member

I already had it disabled, but anyway, there must be a corrupt track piece because it crashed always at the same location. I managed to get rid of it and now it works again.

5. BlackPulsar

BlackPulsar Member

You have to Remove all checkboxes from the Auto save, then build your Tracks with 30-40 Meters parts max. This is how it works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

I also noticed that there is a higher probability that the Editor crashes proportional to the length of track you laying.

I experienced, maximum 80 to 100 meters at a time. If you use more, it's more likely to crash.

Maybe if you use parallel laying I would go down to 50 to 70 meters maximum.