1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing Mastery For Train Sim World

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Well it seems at least some people asked for more individual challenges and this is the result. It is not a very bad idea and into my opinion better than the Challenges. I think we should allow DTG people to use their imagination sometimes. Yes, we all can do other things. instead of wasting time giving negative comments on everything DTG is doing. TSW has bugs, and I also have a number of wishes and yes this cannot replace the content editor, which I really really want. But I am also sure the content editor would have been available if it is technically working properly.

• Upvote Upvote x 6
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I'm not opposing the idea of Mastery at all. See my first post in this thread. Last one on Page 1. Basically says exactly this.

3. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

As customers, I think we are all fully entitled to comment as we see fit and speak the truth as we see it. I'm not going to give false praise and I have no reason to ingratiate myself with anyone at DTG (as some others here seem to do on a regular basis). I'm sure most of the negative comments are born of frustration and a desire to see TSW go from strength to strength and not from malice or having an axe to grind with DTG.

4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

It could certainly do with some polishing up but as a concept its interesting. Going through tutorials again seems a little odd as a requirement,
    Overall Im disappointed that quality of life enhancements (sky rework, noticeboards in stations, trackside furniture like work gangs, etc etc) still are absent yet enough resource is apparently available to include some hot air balloons and a festival. I must have missed all the forum posts asking for those 'features'..

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Active Member

Did some HST- and one freightservices on GWE. But the distance driven counter for Tier 2 does not work anymore.

On LIRR I fulfille the tutorial task.
    Then I complete 2 services. But the distance driven- and the completed services counter does not work.

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. Tutorials seem to show up, but not services. Wondering if it's to do with distance or time, as only short things seem to show. Longer services I've done on NTP, GWE, LIRR and MSB are all failing to show; just did another M7 LIRR service and there's been no affect on stats, plus it's not showing in the recent sessions list.

You're lucky that you managed to get through Tier 1 - I don't think there are any Tier 1's that I can actually complete all four for, the way things are currently. Just going to go back to concentrating on Trophies and will come back to this if/when it gets fixed.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

8936F096-7A17-4FD3-A062-1ED69EBFFD74.png Same for me on ps4 done lots of HST, class 45,101,166 and yet.... A0883B4F-2114-4C57-BD48-A5BE8355F094.png

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  8. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

So it appears that if you’ve got an issue with Mastery not working DTG will help in the way of telling you how to activate/deactivate DTL in-game and how to link you’re console/steam account via the browser. After that they’ll just forget it and pretend you’re issue is irrelevant.

9. Factor41

Pretty sure they're working on it. The way things update has definitely changed since Mastery was released - for example Player Level is now brought in correctly from the game, and yesterday, I had some longer services register on the charts for the first time. It's clearly not perfect, but it does at least seem to be moving in the right direction.

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 11.58.15.png

Still wish the Locos graph would include more than the top five plus Other. Also needs to be clear whether the Routes chart is based on distance travelled or time played, since getting anywhere in WSR takes forever!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There should be a hot fix for some of the UI for mastery today.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

The route chart is based on time played. For me there are only 2 routes tracked and the one where I drove plenty of miles (much more than on the other) is not as much bigger as it should be.

Forget what I wrote, it seems not to be true. The chart with the most popular locos confused me because it doesn't start at zero.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  12. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

NOPE it seems ............

13. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

14. Bane1349

Bane1349 New Member

Dioramic collectible simulator, now with Mastery :) From this aspect I have to admit to the DTG that this update absolutely considerably improved the replay value of the game.

15. Ian1991

Ian1991 Active Member

im yet to see any 'mastery' appear in my game? Am i missing something?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  16. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Nope, doesn't work for me whatsoever either. Nothing ever got tracked, at least not on the in-game screen.

17. Doomotron

Doomotron Active Member

I've completed some of the challenges but it's not appearing on either this website or in the game.

18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Are you logged into DTL?

19. Factor41

There are some routes/services which consistently seem to track, others which consistently don't. If you're getting nothing, try following the steps in this post and you should at least be able to get the 166, 101, 146.2 and a few others tracking and make some progress.