PC Rapid Transit Talent 2 Model Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by swingbus12, Jan 3, 2022.

1. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

Something is wrong with the doors in the middle car of this unit. Also SI trains are not moving, or they are moving late. It's unable to play in time table mod, because trains are not moving, and they are standing in the middle of nowhere. How to fix this?

This problem has been fixed by upgrading game to the newest version.
    Thanks Dovetail games for working out this issue.
    upload_2022-1-3_23-29-35.png

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Which service are you trying to play swingbus12 it might be part of the red light known issue.

3. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

This problem exist on every scenario. It's like the DLC is broken. I have tried to install DLC again, but it didn't helped. Maybe some files are missing. I just bought this DLC for TSW2 on Epic Games, i know that some time ago it was unable to buy this DLC on Epic, it was available only on Steam.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  4. paul.pavlinovich

All the DLC should be available on Epic since about November last year I think from memory swingbus12 I don't have any issues with RT beyond the collection of known bugs but its playable. Up in the top right hand corner of the forum is a "Support" button, whack it and put in a support request. Put in as much detail as you can and the DTG people should be able to help you. Just one check - you have released the parking brake?

upload_2022-1-6_16-1-56.png

The red light fix I talked about was deployed recently so make sure you don't have any outstanding updates.

Paul

5. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

I reinstalled full game and it didn't help. I don't have any updates to do. It's like the model is badly created. Scenarios are playable, but in timetable mode, waiting for the train at the station is taking forever, and when you decide to look for this train, walking on tracks you will find out that the train is standing in the middle of nowhere. It's like te SI traffic is not working properly. Thanks for help, I will try to comunicate with support. When i will know the answer i will tell.

6. paul.pavlinovich

So you pick a service from the time table and you spawn onto the platform but the train never comes, is that right? Can you give me a couple of example ones and I can try on PC?

Paul

7. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

Exactly, now I am trying 0841 Magdeburg - Markkleeberg-Gaschwitz and near the second station is AI train standing and doing nothing. Also I discoverd that at blue timetable screens there is a train delayed over 500 minutes.

8. paul.pavlinovich

Not all trains move swingbus12 - a lot of them are just scenery.

9. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hey swingbus12,
    I have exactly the same problem with rapid transit from epic store. AI trains aren't moving and making conclude any timetable mission or scenario impossible. Also the door on the middle wagon has this clear offset from its intended position. But only the Talent 2 from rapid transit is affected. Other trains like the DB BR 182 are moving until they are stopped by a red signal due to a Talent 2 standing around just enjoing the scenery.

I also did the reinstall but it did not help. Today I bought TSW2 and Rapid Transit on Steam just for evaluation. It worked perfectly fine. Of course I refunded it because I don't want to pay for it twice.
    Until now the support could not find the cause. I thought I was the only one - I'm almost glad I'm not.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  10. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

It's nice I'm not alone. I also have problem with explaining this problem to support and it looks like there is no solution. I can also say that in-game I have to use pantograph circuit breaker to start my journey, which I don't think should be necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  11. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Same goes for me. The support seems a little bit helpless with this. I knew in advance that this would be a tricky one. But I've not given up. I'm sure it must be a problem with their version they uploaded to the epic store. I even installed it on a seperate computer and had the exact same result. But when I tried the steam version it worked as it should. I'm still trying to work it out with them.
    I'm wondering if there are customers via epic store that do NOT have this problem with rapid transit.

But I haven't experienced the problem regarding the pantograph circuit breaker. At least I don't remember this.

Edit: Just tried a timetable-mission. Now even I can't get my train to move. Can't remember how I managed this last time. But indeed I must use the pantograph circuit breaker before the little frame in the HUD turns from red to white indicating that I COULD theoretically accellerate.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  12. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Oh, I just found something I didn't even realize before. On on of the endcars there are essentially the lights missing. Not the effect but the whole texture for the structure.

RT.png

13. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

Dovetail Support decided to close my Support Ticket. Probably because my PC does not meet with requirements. Does your PC meet with requirements? I can also observe the problem with lights, but I have only front white lights, but not the red one. - I think this depends on scenario. Or more precisely it depends on the direction you are traveling. The model of this train can use lights only from one side.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  14. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

They have closed the first of my tickets too. Meanwhile it is even the third one I opened. I have the feeling they are selling a broken product for a small group of customers (epic games users) and don't want to fix it. I don't want to be angry but I am so much.

My computer should meet the requirement. Now my ticket was pushed to QA again. Let's see if they are closing it again.

Yes the lights are only at one endcar missing. The other one has okay lights.

15. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Ticket closed again. Of course.

16. paul.pavlinovich

The builds across steam and epic are different, they should end up the same for the player but behind the scenes they're managed independently.

Can you say what your computer configuration actually is pierrechi

And describe step by step what you do to experience the problem and what you think the outcome should be?

17. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer.

I am aware of this and that is also one of the reasons for me to be sure that the cause for the problem happens somewhere where they are managed independently. I begged the support to check the epic store pipeline but they did not replied to this.

My specs are
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
    RAM: 16.0 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
    Mainboard: ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

Did I miss something? I dunno.

Well I try to be as precise as possible but I may forget something. Let's see.

It doesn't matter which scenario or timetable I choose. But I'm comparing the first scenario which is also the one I briefly tested with the steam version. So I choose the first scenario called "Rapid Transit" (in german. But i guess it's the same in english). But once again: The problems come with the train in every scenario or timetable.

At the start I go to the train, sit in the drivers seat and open the passenger doors. Only difference from the "expected" way SO FAR are the cosmetics: The door that is not where it should be (as seen on swingbus12's screenshot) and the missing light meshes on the rear end car (as seen on my screenshot).
    The scenario tells me to wait until 15:30 so I do. I close the doors but I am blocked by a red signal. What SHOULD happen here: Another Talent 2 Train should come the opposite direction, cross my path and come to halt at the platform to my right. The red signal waits for this train. But said train is not moving, standing around several hundret metres in the distance.
    When I want my train to move I must use the pantograph circuit breaker. But I do not come far anyway.

Once again: This is the scenario I tested with the steam version and it worked perfectly fine.

On timetable mode (epic version) I can't even get my train to move every time. Last time even the pantograph circuit breaker did not help. But the important thing is again that the AI trains are not moving. There were only two occasions where an AI train got to move and that was only after I went to the cab of that train and played around with the switches and buttons WITHOUT taking a seat and the control of the train. After some time the train would start to move suddenly. But not immediately.

What I also tested: I deinstalled every other DLC and tested only Rapid transit. Also I installed it on another computer via epic store. In both cases I get the same results.

Just for clarification: Are you with DTG support?

If there is something unclear I'd be happy to do some live screenshare or a video.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. paul.pavlinovich

No I don't represent DTG. I'm curious about what you're experiencing and am trying to help as a fellow player. Your machine build should be ok. I do have access to the Epic build so I'll give this a go too.

Paul

19. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hey Paul, thank you so much for having a look into it.

20. paul.pavlinovich

Ok, so I don't have RT on Epic :(.

21. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkay :(
    But thank you anyways for trying and especially communicating.
    Anyways, I wrote an email to DTG, not the support, describing the issue. Maybe there is still something that can be done.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  22. RdWing

RdWing Member

I have the same problem in rapid transit. Also tried to run a BR182 service and same thing, stopped at a red because an AI train further up was not moving, but this problem exists on the Talent also.
    I am running the latest version via epic, I have an AMD 5900x and nvidia rtx3080, fully supported and modern.
    on a side not, I submitted a ticket to DTG more than a week ago about an unrelated question on the Peninsula line, and I still have no 0 updates or follow up.

• Like Like x 3
  23. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hey RdWing,
    thank you for your post. You inspired me to try a BR182 service myself. I just saw a portion of the route I never saw before. What an experience! Surprisingly a Talent 2 was in front of me and it was moving by itself. The first time I experienced that a RT AI Talent 2 would move without me interfering. But in the area of Leipzig central I could not go further because of a massive tailback. The model issue with the Talent 2 however still remains.

As far as I know the DTG support has a lot of work at the moment. It took some time for them to answer my tickets as well. But over a week is indeed a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Hi!
    I bought RT recently on Epic and found the same issues and some others:

PZP mode U (can't change to mode O)
    AI traffic not moving
    To star moving I need to press Circuit Break.
    Epic is my only options so I can't try on steam for now.

• Like Like x 2
  25. annadess

annadess Member

Hey everyone! Just so I get this right, from what I could tell, everyone on PC is having the Talent 2 PZB mode U problem, right? It has been confirmed on streams multiple times and I believe the fix is stuck in queue for QA. But are the AI traffic not moving and Circuit Break problems unique to us Epic users only? Can someone confirm that's what's happening? (I guess I only need a confirmation from someone who has Rapid Transit on Steam for that)

In any case, we will still have to wait quite a bit for a fix from what I understood, all fixes and updates for any particular route are going to be done in one patch, and RT isn't too far up there on the roadmap so it's still probably going to be a while until it goes through QA, cert & release.

And I have a hunch that the AI isn't really prepared to do things like activate the panto and circuit break, or release parking breaks, so that might be why all Talent 2 AIs get simultaneously stuck and no service with them is really completable.
    So, I am not going to promise anything, but I begun learning how to mod TSW2 and even found a few useful tools for looking at things like the default PZB setting for Talent 2s and I might be able to make a mod that overrides the default defined PZB mode, I'll see what I can do about the other two issues, I hope those are also something I can try and look into, but as I said no promises, first it would be great to even have a working and mostly bug-free PZB O mod until an official patch is out. If I have anything new I'll let you all know.

• Like Like x 2
  26. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hi annadess,

I tested my epic version on two different computers having the same results. For evaluation I bought the steam version and it worked perfektly fine. So yes, this problem is an epic games exclusive! But all information from DTG I got so far is that there is no fix or even worse: They could not recreate the issue so there must be no problem.

I wrote a general enquiries email to DTG describing the issue und asking for a refund. It was forwarded internally but again I was told there was no fix and the refund would be granted. I've sent them this thread so they would better understand the situation but I said I would take the refund and let this be. Because I'm a little tired asking and begging for them to even aknowledge that there is a problem with the epic version. But that was over a week ago and I haven't received anything since. I still hope that they will fix it.

annadess may I ask what tools you are using to mod TSW2?

27. annadess

annadess Member

I tried a bit of testing yesterday and I think the AI issues are only happening on the 2021 Timetable, but I'm not 100% sure of it.

I tried to use the unofficial editor for making mods like that, but it's not really capable of making those kinds of changes yet, however I did use it's version of the UnrealPak.exe file to unpack all of the German routes I own. To diagnose the PZB issue and look where the settings are stored I used FModel (exported the json files and switched to Visual Studio Code after a while because searching in the app has become tedious), and to modify .uasset files I use UAssetGUI. If some day for some reason I'm bored enough and have enough time I could make a video on the process, because the only video that sort of sent me in that direction is a russian video on Tropico 6 modding. (with eng cc) But again, no promises, hope this helps though!

28. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

In my case it is in both timetables and the scenarios. What I haven't tried yet is make a scenario on another route with the Talent 2 from RT as an AI train. But since I'm convinced that the Train itself is broken I guess it will be the same after all.

Thank you so much for suggesting these tools. I haven't heard about them before but I will check them out.

• Like Like x 1
  29. annadess

annadess Member

Can you give me an example service where you get stuck? And, you're welcome.

30. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

I'm always testing it on the first scenario "Rapid Transit". Can't even pass the first signal because it's waiting for an AI train to pass by which never happens. Or do you mean a timetable service?

31. annadess

annadess Member

Thanks, that's good enough, I just thought you were using a timetable service. ^^' Yeah I experience the same problem with the Rapid Transit scenario, I will try to record a video of it soon and maybe make a post that just details the AI behaviour as a technical report.

32. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

I was also using timetable services (2017 and 2020) and had the same problem.

Good luck with that tech report. I really mean it. I did that as well, including a quick video, and always ended up with a closed ticket. I really hope that they will aknowledge this problem soon.

33. RdWing

RdWing Member

I am also on epic. I tried a bunch of scenarios on RT, basically the entire DLC is completely unusable for me now, both the normal one and the Euro Sprinter add on. This sucks, I think I will ask for a refund.

• Like Like x 1
  34. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hey RdWing, I wish you good luck with the refund. When you try it via Epic and they reject then write to enquiries@dovetailgames.com and state the whole case. I did that and they were fine with the refund although it did not happen yet. I still would prefer if they'd fix it but I think we have a right to get a refund in this case.

35. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey everyone,

We are already aware of many of the issues listed in this thread. They are currently planned to be resolved as a part of the Pres Crew updates to Rapid Transit.

The list of updates includes improvements to:
    • Door Offset
    • Exterior Headlights
    • PZB in wrong mode
    We are investigating reports of AI Trains not moving.

I can't currently offer you an exact timeframe for when you can expect these updates, however I can confirm they've gone through their first pass on QA and some areas need a bit more work before they can be released.

I appreciate this is frustrating and we understand why some of you have opted to request a refund.

• Like Like x 4
  36. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

Hi DTG Natster,

thank you for telling us. It is good to know that it is taken seriously and being worked on. :)
    Is the bug regarding the pantograph circuit breaker also looked at? And my it be possible that this is linked to the AI not moving?

37. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Ai can run with and without it so there is no problem on that part

38. annadess

annadess Member

Hi, I play on the EGS version and I recorded a few instances where the stuck AI drivers lead to scenarios and timetable services being unable to finish. I already sent a report in, but if you think this deserves it's own post I can create a post on the forums here too with a detailed description of what I did, though most of the info is seen in the video itself. Good luck with the investigating.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  39. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

A fix was just pushed to epic store. The AI is now working, the door is right and the lights are there. The problem with the pantograph circuit breaker is still there. And I'm testing in timetable mode where I still have trouble getting my train to move. In the Scenarios that works fine. Am I doing something wrong here?

Anyways I want to thank the devs that they finally fixed the AI Problem and the asthetics of the train. :)

Edit: Okay I tested a few timetable missions in the 2021 timetable with the Talent 2. I can't get my train to move there. Then I tested a single mission in the 2017 timetable and there it works fine. But this is still a big improvement to before.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  40. RdWing

RdWing Member

I tried a few missions and it definitely is not fixed, not with Talent 2 or the EuroSprinter.

41. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please can you provide us with information about which issues you continue to experience.

42. annadess

annadess Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  43. pierrechi

pierrechi Member

DTG Natster Will there be also a fix for the inability to get the train to move in the 2021 timetable? I don't know how much effort it would be, if it is just a fix in the master Blueprint or if every single timetable-Train has do be altered for this. Or has anybody a tip how to get it to move?

44. swingbus12

swingbus12 New Member

Dear Dovetail games,
    Today I deceided to play Train Sim World 2 again, and I am very suprised positively. I've seen that my game got upgraded and finally this upgrade fixed this whole problem. I don't know how long it took you to fix this error. But I am happy that I can play my favourite game again. I really appreciate your work and time dedicated for this problem.

Thank you so much