Romney Hythe And Dymchurch Railway

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by alexthewoo, Aug 22, 2021.

1. alexthewoo

alexthewoo New Member

This is a 13 1/2 mile, world famous 15 inch gauge miniature railway based in the south east of England in Kent.

upload_2021-8-22_1-54-1.png

the line runs from the ancient port of Hythe in the north (double track) then snakes it's way through the back gardens of Palmarsh.

upload_2021-8-22_1-57-35.png

The line then crosses the vast Romney marsh all the way to Dymchurch and New Romney. At new Romney there is a large station canopy, which also covers siding for carriage storage. This is also where the locomotives are stored and where the perminante way department are based. The large yard here offers up possibilitys for scenario makers.

upload_2021-8-22_1-58-1.png

From New Romney the line becomes single track and continues onwards to Romney sands. From RS the line snakes it's way behind the back gardens of littlestone and eventually reaches the world famous shingle, which is known as the "the only desert in the UK" at Dungeness the line becomes a large loop, to stop trains from having to turn around. The two light houses and nuclear power station create an imposing end to an incredible journey.
    [​IMG]
    The railway uses a large fleet of engines, based on the designs of the famous Sir Nigel Gresley.

For the train sim version I would suggest building locos 1, 2, 3, 7 and 8 as they are all of the same design. There are also two mountaineer class locomotives (Samson, 6 and Hercules, 5), two Canadian inspired locos (Winston Churchill 9 and Dr syn 10) and two diesel locos (JB Snell 12 and Captain Howey 14). These locos could be included in the initial purchase or as an expansion.

I think this line should be built as it is an important part of Kents railway history (which is where DTG is based) and would provide players with a unique experience.

This is a route that I personally know is very sought after by the steam railway community in the UK and I really think you should consider building it

Thank you

Video of the line

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. UP13

UP13 Well-Known Member