Train Sim World 2 - Friday Screens!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

It's Friday, which means new Train Sim World 2 screenshots!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 19
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

The underground is looking really good!

• Like Like x 7
  3. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

Jesus the sky and lighting still looks awful - good job!

• Like Like x 11
  4. auhron

auhron New Member

Quote: Optimised and upgraded visual fidelity also gives Train Sim World 2 dynamic skies and 4K support.

Is it just me or does the sky still look equally bad (clouds, etc.)?

Also: The displays on the side of the ICE (destination, etc.) were working/properly displayed something in the first ICE screenshot(s), but it seems this is gone now? What happened?

• Like Like x 7
  5. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Turned off for the time being

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Please fix finaly that bad track imposter textures! I reported it 1 year ago but looks like nobody cares about it at DTG....
    106906196_146731297049114_5839320895230346345_o - Kopie.jpg Train-Sim-World-2---03---Sand-Patch---LOGO.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

So it seems they haven't listened to our advice about the excessive bloom and those clouds still looks as awful as ever. So much for visual and cloud imprvements.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

All I am going to say is......

Can you believe that really is The Shard on the left, one of the tallest buildings in Europe.....!?! It looks so tiny compared to the lamp post. And have they used the same model for The Shard that was used in TS1 South London Network.......? How dare they.....!

LOL - I am just joking........ ;-D

More seriously - this is starting to look promising for the Bakerloo Line route...... I do love little details... like the new uniform for the driver.... and the rust/grime on the leading part of the juice ramps where the shoe power hasn't contacted......

• Like Like x 14
  9. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I'm glad they chose an underground line for TSW2. It keeps me from having to look at that sky.

Good to see the shadow draw distance on the tracks is just as distracting. Such a shame .. the trains look phenominal!

• Like Like x 12
  10. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

TSW2, you say? Hmmmm.....

They may as well take the platform PIS display's down and just not include them, they'll probably never work!

Everything is still all too clean and yep, the skies.....oh dear.....those skies

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

They should have checked that the new skies looked good before featuring them as a selling point in the marketing. The wispy clouds look okay but those ones in the LU picture are not an improvement on TSW.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

So this is the famous "Shard" building in London, which is one the tallest skyscrapers in Europe. I hope we will see it on PS4 too, because on NEC and LIRR it wasn't always possible to notice the WTC Skyline due to the smaller drawing distance on the consoles. But as compensation we got it in the nice mastery diorama. By the way the San Francisco skyline I like most. Because we are currently on the subject I hope that the UE 4.23 in TSW 2 hopefully will improve all the texture bugs we had in TSW 1. For example the missing water texture in the SF bay area and the missing tunnel texture in LIRR. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  13. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Great looking screenshots! It looks like TSW2 will be a big improvement over TSW. I can’t wait to experience it first hand. Glad I have news to look forward to until August 6th! I also can’t wait to get ahold of the scenario planner as it looks like we will be able to have some fun with it! Awesome work! B780D47D-F11F-4D3E-98A6-D790E27EE0B6.png 1E51EC49-FA16-4B28-83CE-E160926DC320.png

• Like Like x 8
  14. zedgie68

zedgie68 Member

On the subject of tsw2, where can I post a question on the Q&A forum for the next live stream, I've looked on the forum pages but cannot see anything?. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I actually don’t think the skies look that bad. The LU shot at the depot looks excellent in my opinion.

• Like Like x 9
  16. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

How do you know this is already included? It is work in progress ...

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ian1991

Ian1991 Well-Known Member

PLEASE tell us the ai passengers are being re-worked? Ive mentioned the issues time and time again with everybody up-voting.

1. There are far too few people, on platforms, trains and walking the streets.

2. 20 odd people always dive onto the platform as you pull in......but NONE get on board. Even if you are there is only one destination possible? Makes no sense people are waiting for another train that goes to the same stops.

3. Very rarely get more than 4/5 people get onboard at any given station, not realistic.

4. Passengers seem to appear from thin air at the front end of platforms....REALLY unrealistic seing someone fall from the sky and start walking down the platform.

5. No difference between times, the 'busiest' time of day sees probably around 20% of what is true to life, and the quieter times (late night) you barely get 10 people on one full run.

I understand the team might think 'well ai people work were not gonna change it as its time wasted' BUT......this is a major feature of the game....the immersion, the realism and for me can make or break the game. So far when i drive on TSW1 i switch off pretty quick because of features like this are over-looked. The difference it could make having an actual 'rush-hour'.....or being able to have a slider setting of how many people are loaded into the map.

Im so looking forward to this game but I see the platform photo there and it makes me cringe, and it doesnt matter how pretty/good the graphics are, the new routes and how awesome you can make the LU, if i drive the tube and you have the same old quiet stations, trains emptying every platform but no-one getting on and no real 'rush' hour or 'crowded' trains/platforms, it just ruins the whole thing and is a BIG reminder that this is just a game.....more acade than realism.

Please consider some improvements to the ai passengers/public as that will have a HUGE effect on gameplay/challenge/realism and show that this actually is a realistic simulator, and not just a more pretty ts2020.

• Like Like x 18
  18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Lucky guess? Educated guess? I doubt they would have built the route in TSW2 but used the TSW2020 sky for a promo shot. If that’s even possible.

• Like Like x 3
  19. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Yeah, the sky is a bit unimpressive here, I'm guessing the "new sky" in TSW2's only upgrades are that the clouds move/change shape over time, and they can be colored orange in sunset. Wouldn't hold my breath for much else...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

I know that the sky/clouds thing has been mentioned a lot here, but I for one think its a big improvement compared to the TSW we have today. I'm specifically talking about those high-altitude cirrus clouds that you especially see in the CSX Heavy Haul promo screenshots. I, coming from the flight sim community, think those actually look pretty bang-on to how they should look like from the ground.

Buuuuuuuuuuut unfortunately the compliments sort of stop from there. The thing about TSW is that they seem to do okay with situations where there's little cloud cover. But once it becomes overcast, it's a different story. Like others have pointed out, theres quite a lot of bloom going on, and the coloring definitely feels off. Realistically speaking, clouds don't really form like that, where it seems like one layer. In the real world when its overcast, theres often multiple cloud layers.
    Very rarely do you get these "splotches" between the clouds where you can see the sun shining through. Even then, the way *THATS* portrayed in game simply just feels weird and unnatural really. I hope whoever are the people working on this stuff takes what I mentioned into consideration

I know, i know, this is a train simulation after all, so the way that clouds look aren't the main focus (nor should it be). But there's still quite of work left to be done for them, ESPECIALLY in those poor weather conditions. There shouldn't be soo much bloom and contrast going on. I mean, c'mon! Its a cloudy day in London! It should feel a bit dark and dreary, just to nail that look and feel of being in a big city!

-Oh, and also, a side note....i hope they take into consideration some proper dusk/dawn sky transitions. The way they look in game (often at dusk) is theres this big white haze on the horizon. I, whom also comes from planet Earth, can tell you that doesn't really happen here :D

• Like Like x 2
  21. Sumit

Sumit Member

This game is a joke

• Like Like x 2
  22. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Seems to me they are expecting people to pay for TSW 2, which is just TSW 2020 rebranded with a couple of new routes and a editor, which was promised for TSW since it was launched or am I just being cynical? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  23. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Each new set of screenshots look better than the last! I am very excited for TSW2.

• Like Like x 7
  24. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes tsw2 very good

• Like Like x 5
  25. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Save yourself the trouble.. they wont ever fix that and I dont even blame them. Proven enough times that the vast majority of this desperate community allows them to do pretty much anything they want without losing in revenue. Why should they care about fixing issues this game had for 3 !!!!!! years when these fanboys buy anything anyways?

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...in-and-the-ones-leaving-it-remain-stuck.2843/
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...d-others-dont-want-to-go-into-the-train.3095/

• Like Like x 6
  26. matthewbguilford

I would argue the vast majority of the community just doesn’t care as much about that in my opinion very specific issue. I think your also wrong by using words like desperate and fanboys to describe the people who enjoy TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  27. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I agree. There are a few members on this forum (no names) that are full of hate for no real reason. TSW isn’t perfect; nobody is saying it is. But to accuse people of being ‘fanboys’ or ‘desperate’ just because they enjoy what is a very good simulation is just wrong. There is a lot of bad in TSW but there is also a lot of good too and often what they get right can make you feel like you’re really there, in the game, even if it’s just for a moment.

If people tried to focus more on the good parts than keeping on and on and on about this and that which is wrong with it, they might actually enjoy it. Sure, be critical but don’t loose all sense of perspective.

• Like Like x 17
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  29. keksman

[removed by Protagonist - inflammatory]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  30. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I hate to bring sport into this conversation but plenty of people support terrible football teams who never win anything. They know the team aren’t the best and don’t always deliver what they want but they stick with it, spending obscene amounts of money on supporting their team, because of a passion they have. There’s nothing inherently wrong with that and the same thing can apply to other forms of entertainment such as special interest computer games. Of course there are plenty of people who live in Swindon and support a more successful team and not Swindon Rovers United or whatever their local team is and no amount of crying on the SRUFC forum is going to get the team to buy Neymar nor is berating people who like Nobby Wilson, the current underperforming striker. It’s a passion thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  31. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

No changes to passengers are planned for TSW 2. Not because they're flawless or a paradigm of videogame excellence, but because there are more important areas we've decided to focus on. In an ideal world we'd be able to address everything, all at once, but that isn't the case.

Also, for those who yell "fanboy" at every opportunity, please note that in the same way you are being given the opportunity to voice negative views about the game you are expected to offer the same courtesy to those who feel differently. Name-calling is an inflammatory and lazy means of making a point.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  32. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

TSW2 does look amazing! except for the clouds just leave blue sky. if they don't want make the clouds look right.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Ian1991

so there is zero changes being made to how passengers spawn, board, unboard etc?

Whilst I understand there maybe bigger fish to fry as such, its frustrating when the LU is advertised as 'Beat the rush hour' etc when you have a tube train with 20 people on it, 5 or so getting on each station and unrealistic platform numbers. Im not asking for perfection, nothing will be perfect in any game, but simply more people getting on trains and not just standing by watching you pull in, load and take off again.

If there is no plans to even adjust this, could i request as to why? and to be answered in one of the streams? Im not a coder or producer etc, but from my point of view you can have upto 20people on a platform, BUT only 5 that get on, surely that can be balanced out even if its just that all people get on your train at each stop? just to add that 'busy' feeling especially on the LU.

Thank you for the response above but could I please get some form of answer to this, as alot of people agree with me, besides that 'person'.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  34. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Asked and answered -- not only here, by the way.

35. keksman

So my post was Inflammatory? What? Learned some new cool words you are eager to use or something?
    My use of the word Fanboys isnt wrong. How else do you call people who know that the company they are defending lied about numerous promised things and just ignore that? The PIS isnt ever going to be in Tsw, just like the multiplayer and the editor.

"[...], but because there are more important areas we've decided to focus on. In an ideal world we'd be able to address everything, all at once, but that isn't the case."
    What are these things exactly? We constantly got a similar answer since 2017 when people asked about why this issue wasnt fixed or that feature wasnt implemented yet but the only thing that changed about Tsw since release is the list of available Dlcs available at the store page. Oh and cab sway, that was a nice feature.

• Like Like x 3
  36. Ian1991

where else then?

• Like Like x 1
  37. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Hi I’ve got a question can someone please answer me this I’m confused on the screenshots bakerloo trains show destinations on the front of the 1972 stock however on a post on Facebook someone says dovetail games has said destination displays won’t be working so I’d like to know what’s fact and what is not is it the screenshots that are factually correct which clearly show destinations or this person on Facebook who alleges DTG told him destinations on bakerloo stock will not be working

38. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The destination boards on the trains will work but there will be nothing on the passenger information boards on the platforms and no announcements.

• Like Like x 1
  39. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Ok thanks for your clarification just goes to show some people on Facebook think they know it all and know sweet nothings thanks again for your help roll on 6th August

• Like Like x 3
  40. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

People on facebook always seem to know everything, but they soon get shot down.

Shame about no work being done on passengers though.

• Like Like x 1
  41. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Also just realized that Elephant and Castle can be written both ways. 999.JPG 99.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  42. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

I'm a fan of the game... I'm not a girl, so I must be a fanboy!
    I have absolutely no issue with being called a fanboy... political correctness gone mad?

• Like Like x 3
  43. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Non binary identifying enthusiasts I think you mean :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  44. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I appreciate the honesty, as you've definitely saved me and some others £24.99. I just dont get it, do none of you take pride in your work anymore? one look at some of those screenshots + the feedback youve been getting for the past 2/3 years should have indicated that they arent good enough to sell us on this idea to monetize yearly updates. [edit by Protagonist - watch the language]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  45. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

Hahaha!... all I know is, after 30 yrs in the army, a bit of name calling never hurt me, plus I've got a set of balls and can shrug it off with a smile...

• Like Like x 1
  46. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Train sim world 2 gets a 7.5/10 thats being generous by me....at most i will give the game no higher than a 75%......look i can understand information boards since if that was implemented it would be a serious fps eater....however this doesnt excuse the fact that they refused to change the ai passengers. However what i do like is the train models they did.....the lighting can be better like 90% better...so far i like the progress if the bakerloo line. I dont like the fact that they barely mention several things like bug fixes to other routes and stuff...and they are shoving tsw2020 routes under the bus....what else i dont like is there is a lack of activity when it comes to tsw2020 routes....dtg is lucky i still buy from them regardless(more like out of pity) im just hoping that changes will happen soon to the other stuff

• Like Like x 1
  47. matthewbguilford

Wow, congratulations on all of those accomplishments. Calling another human names can be great and I’m glad you can appreciate that. Nothing better then belittling people for having a different opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  48. matthewbguilford

Monetize yearly updates? TSW2 is the only paid update they have done. Asking $30 for three routes and all the updates that are included doesn’t seem like a ridiculous thing to me. I’d be far more disappointed if they said they are putting a hold on all other projects so they could “fix” whatever passenger issue that people seem to be creating. I enjoy driving a service and TSW allows me to do that and I personally can’t wait to see all the updates in TSW2.

• Like Like x 6
  49. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service!

• Like Like x 1
  50. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

How did you manage to get the game early given you’ve scored something which isn’t out to the general public yet?

• Like Like x 7