Train Sim World 2 - Hustling On The Harlem

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Mar 10, 2022.

1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I’m not sure there ever was a branch off in between Those two stations, and especially in the tunnel. The branch you may be talking about. Is the Lower Montauk Branch which does have station along that line that are of course abandoned being that is now freight only. And that’s shortly before/after the Atlantic branch tunnel.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

There is one though. Don't know what it is for, but it's there. You can see it on this cab ride video right after 14:30, to the right.

It doesn't have any tracks laid down, but it seems to be made for 2 tracks. So I suppose something ran there in the past (or was planned to). Anyway, this divergion is missing from TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  3. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

It's not spamming the thread it's just because of a different topic, not the same topic, each one for their own categories. You post how you like, I post my own way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

That what i try to point us in another thread as well but a while back but still nobody notice not even the developer also they miss one queen's station which is After Hollis station Which is Queens Village. Did anyone notice this? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Wow. Never knew that. But I can partially understand why that was missing. Being that nothing was done with it. But I do to some degree, get that should have been put in. Especially considering that they (DTG) claim shorter means more attention to detail.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dinosbacsi

Well yeah, this tunnel section really isn't that important, so I don't mind it. But the missing abandoned station on Harlem Line seems a bit bigger issue than this. I mean did noone watch a cab ride video and notice that it's there?

• Like Like x 2
  7. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

i realize it as well, but nobody mention it, on the stream. Despite the fact that the route is released tomorrow we got to let Matt and JD know so that it will be added in the near feature. I really do hope that they fix the lighting at grand central terminal, along with increasing the track sound so that we can hear the clickely clack sound, and the rush hour passenger for tomorrow stream. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah the incorrect details aren't game-breaking, but I agree that it would be fantastic to see those problems fixed. I think they can be corrected in an update, but only time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nsilano

nsilano New Member

Does anyone know what time tomorrow the route is going to become available?

10. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I've seen previous routes appear on the Xbox Store around 10am GMT.

11. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

That depends on a fix for the livery deletion issue, though. They’re actively discouraging people from launching the game right now, I can’t imagine the route being released under these circumstances.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nsilano

nsilano New Member

Where are you seeing all this?

13. Dinosbacsi

14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Especially since the update for Steam users is being held up, so nobody on Steam has or will soon be getting the core modifications needed for Harlem to run.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Random Railfan

Just noticed a slight inaccuracy with the M3A's logo placement on the front. I think the logo's the right size but it's too far to the right. Maybe they can patch it at some point?
    Screenshot (1116).png Screenshot (1112).png

• Like Like x 1
  16. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

The Metro-North Railroad logo is to wide too but not to big of an issue. Good eye tho I didn't even notice.

17. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

also in the color of the background of the MTA Logo is wrong in the game to compare to the one in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

Looking at pictures of real life M3As, the logos on them seem to be all over the place. Some will have them right on the edge of the door, while others will have them more properly in the center. So the location doesn't seem to be that much of an issue. But I do agree, it's still a bit too wide regardless.

• Like Like x 3
  19. solicitr

Disappointing, since that's the sort of niggly little detail I spend a lot of effort on getting right- even with LD's crude tools rather than Photoshop.

However, it is likely true that MTA's shop workers probably slap the decals on in a "close enough" way, so there is a lot of positioning variation in real life.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Random Railfan

Yeah it's basically a non-issue. Definitely not game-breaking lol.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Random Railfan

It looks a little stretched but yeah you're right they aren't always perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Random Railfan

I think it's the lighting. The one in-game is inside the Park Avenue Tunnels (only real light source is the lights on the walls, which are pretty dim), while the IRL one is on a sunny day outside, so I think the colors are actually pretty close.

• Like Like x 1
  23. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Safety Systems Tutorial for Harlem including M3A and M7A

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice yet that the M3A pass thru door can't be opened from the inside only outside yet you can do both on the M3.

25. solicitr

Do they actually work this time, or is this another LIRR?

26. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK, was looking at buying this route for my PS5. I left for work at 1pm and while it was on the PS store there was no discount as is usual for new releases. Has this been stopped now? Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

27. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I really don't know why that is, maybe you should reach out to the support team and ask them cause currently steam game on pc platform still have the discount going on. Also the game haven't released on Steam Game Yet in US? Don't know why?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Random Railfan

They seem to. Not sure about the M7 but it seems good in the M3. I haven't quite worked out how the speed restrictions trigger (the next aspect is supposedly green and it restricts me to 45 or 30 or something) but you get used to it.

29. shinigamitrainfan

shinigamitrainfan New Member

Agreed! I think that there are certain things they've done for other routes that they seem to refuse to do for the American routes.

• Like Like x 1
  30. paul.pavlinovich

They work really well. They're not 100% identical but about as near as can be simulated. The underlying signalling system setup is excellent and that is what drives the safety systems. The only difference I detect between reality and simulation is that the Alerter should cause a penalty brake (like the Overspeed does) not an emergency brake but unless you don't respond to the Alerter you'd never notice this.

• Like Like x 1
  31. paul.pavlinovich

The speed restrictions are triggered by traffic in front of you or traffic crossing your path. The signalling outside GCT has only two indications, Proceed Cab (Flashing Green) or Stop (Two Reds). Proceed Cab means to obey ATC/ACSES indications on your ADU.

• Like Like x 1
  32. paul.pavlinovich

I expect this will get fixed.

33. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Interested video of the M2 in cab driver cab open view? I believe there are little different in M2 and M3A, but what i find interesting is its really quiet inside, although there is still AC Noise. You can see from this video here

Does anyone know if the in-game have AC Noise on the M3A in Passenger Cab like in the video?

• Like Like x 1
  34. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Gran Turismo 7 was down for a day so I did buy it. I'm not dissatisfied about the route but all of what is wrong with this route is shown in the official artwork. Where are the helicopters?

The route itself is fine I guess. But a lot needs to be improved on the scenery side to get that big city vibe. I noticed at one point NPC's can actually walk streets but their timing is off. They arrive at the station when you are about to leave the station. I saw a surprisingly large crowd of NPC's crossing a bridge when I was just about to leave the leave the station. If they would have arrived sooner the whole place would have looked very crowded when I arrived. If my camera was not exterior I would not even have noticed there were that many NPC's that wanted to use that station because all the platforms where empty and no NPC to see nowhere when I arrived.

Add some life to the route. Make better use of the passenger spawn points, add helicopters and planes, add some diversity maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  35. paul.pavlinovich

Yes there is AC noise in both trains. It is quiet in modern (after 1980s) train cabs. Occupational Health and Safety forces train builders to make quieter machines for the operators. There are lots of other random noises is you listen closely in game too - in the M7A you can hear the truck under the cab moving around sometimes.

• Like Like x 3
  36. paul.pavlinovich

It is an interesting observation about helicopters, yes you would see them along there, although most of them launch from NJ and downtown Manhattan neither of which can be seen from the line. You would see the tour and media choppers IRL. You might see planes coming into Newark in NJ but I don't think you'd see planes for JFK or Tetorboro from this line so you might not really see planes.

• Like Like x 1
  37. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

Yeah I do hear it moving but the sound isn’t clear a little faint almost like is in the background, which I really do hope that the audio team would fix it so that we can hear the train track joint more clearly. For the junction I do hear the train go over it but it felt like the sound is in the background as well, but not in front which currently the sound is faint.

• Like Like x 1