Tsw 3 Loco Dlc First Impressions

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Oct 4, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Personally speaking I am not here to discuss the price. I don't care what your thoughts are Period.
    Overall I like the pack Its great. Its a nice addition. The BR182 will add more loco variety and playability to the route as goes with the F7 in Warbonnet livery on the Cajon route. I will be seeing if I can put the F7 on an intermodal service :p I will break it.

My biggest gripe is the RHTT train and the Class 66 Tutorial and training center.
    I was eagerly awaiting to see the tutorial for the 66 as I thought you would have a tutorial on how to operate the RHTT BUT NO it was really a cut and paste job of the SEHS 66 ableit coupling to a same rake of KFA wagons in stead of the EWS MFA wagons. What is the point of having a Class 66 tutorial basically the same as the one you have just completed (THE SEHS Class 66 tutorial). So NO "How to use the RHTT" tutorial what so ever in THE TRAINING CENTER!!! Did I miss the point of what the training center was used for. Also Hats off to the other two Tutorials (although basically the same as inswitch on explain about the brakes accelerate to said point down the line, Brake, reverse, couple up against the wagons haul forward to point stop and uncouple end of tutprial). Yep that bits fine. Also the fact that in the German tutorial you had two moving trains doing stuff as well as wagons and if you looked carefully Ground staff. The F7 tutorial you had the two classes of Loco that appear on the Cajon route and also a selection of wagons in the siding. The RHTT 66 Tutorial you had NOTHING nowt in the sidings, Zilch moving around.... To be quite frank with you it was boring, Also the fact that there was no tutorial on how to use the RHTT .

If you are going to have the Training Center then make use of it.

My Second Biggest gripe.

The RHTT Spray effect or to be brutally honest the lack of it!
    Look at the below video for what it should be like.
    Again to be brutally honest The jet should be slapping the hell out of the rail and not massaging it!!!
    This version in the game is like someone having a wee. Surely particle effects could be used to simulate the spray and as for the Jet I have seen my mates dog wee against the average wall with a Hardier stream than the RHTT one. Not that I often look at dogs having a wee mind.
    The RHTT model is great and is something that is needed for the game but seriously the effects a disappointing.

Overall I like the pack but lack of effort in the spray department on the RHTT and a suitable How to operate guide in the training center is very disappointing.

Hentis

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Hear hear, agreed with the points made above

3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

No-sub in elsewhere is the biggest disappointement

• Like Like x 1
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

The spray is getting improved. Matt made the team remake it substantially and will come in a future update

• Like Like x 1
  5. antony.henley

Cheers for the info rennekton#1349 . I wasnt aware to be fair.

Cheers
    Hentis

6. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello, just jumping in :)

We hear the feedback on the RHTT spray effects and the team are working on improving this. Below is an attatched screenshot from our development team we are looking to implement soon:
    upload_2022-10-4_16-51-40.png

And just to state the RHTT and 182 will also be layered onto future UK and German routes respectively moving forwards.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. How does one drive the rhtt? It doesn't appear anywhere in service mode, if I go to train depot and pick the rhtt train and load the service its just a single dirty class 66.

• Like Like x 2
  8. antony.henley

Thanks for the headsup Alex. looks alot better. Also heres hoping there will be a tutorial in the training center on how to use the RHTT train as well.

Dave make sure the month you drive is set to October or November.

The services on SEHS will begin with either 3Sxx 3Wxx or 8Xxx The 3S and 3W services will run as Tonbridge Yard
    - Tonbridge Yard

Cheers
    Hentis

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Thanks mate, I've found them.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As with Clinchfiled the F7 takes much longer to do the services than the time stated (and the time the AI takes for the same service). It is painfully slow going uphill. I did a service that was stated to be 1hr06 and it took 1hr52 to complete, flat out notch 8 no delays. This gave the added fun of passing the same trains again when starting the second half of the trip from the menu instead of returning to free roam.

The timetable will have been tested with the AI only so I hope I don’t get caught up anywhere like in CRR due to the mismatch of player power and AI power.

I’ve also done a bug report about the player advice popup coming up when using dynamic brake (with the throttle handle) and it saying to release the automatic brake before adding power when I am actually combining two braking systems and not adding power.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Are there new Journey chapters for RHTT? If it's layering in on future UK routes too, it would be great to have chapters for each of those too, so you can jump in without having to manually set months etc.

• Like Like x 1
  12. antony.henley

Yes each loco DLC has their own journeys.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

What is the minimum and maximum working speed of the RHTT train?

14. antony.henley

60mph when spraying. If you go over 60 in the game whilst spraying the tool tip will tell you. In theory you are supposed to stop spraying when you go over level crossings.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Richard CZE

Thank you for answer.

16. Bradley

You can’t gold the F7 tutorial either

17. Has anyone got working indicator lights on the rf control module for the rhtt?

18. toffski#8424

toffski#8424 Member

Also, the brake and main res pipes aren’t open between the RHTT wagons. Not a deal breaker but it spoils the immersion.

19. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I was going to buy the loco pack purely for the RHTT and the price of that didn't bother me as it was nice and cheap so I was thrilled to find this morning that I could buy it individually for £4.99 (I accept I may have missed that announcement). Having played it on SEHS the lighting is incredible but I was disappointed to find the water was miniscule but I'm glad that's already being sorted. The lighting on West Cornwall Local though (where I had created a scenario) was horrendous though and looked as though a Nuclear blast had occurred with the way the shadows were displayed. Also the EM2 control panel lighting makes it hard to see what's on screen. Also totally agree with regards the training. Very lacklustre and a throwback to the early releases training styles. However that being said I've enjoyed what I've played so far and I'm glad to see the RHTT will be ported to other routes in the future and for 4.99 it's an absolute bargain.

• Like Like x 2
  20. breblimator

breblimator Guest

The first thing that made me sad playing this not so bad bundle: Taurus interior textures resolution and lighting. What is THIS? :mad:

image_2022-10-04_222355728.png
    image_2022-10-04_222944215.png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Bradley

Class 66 DSD is bugged

22. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

My first impressions are quite positive. For me the F7 in silver/red "Santa Fe" livery is definitely the highlight of this loco pack. I have already created the yellow/silver "Siemens Dispolok" variant of the RT BR182 myself with the LD tool, but the textured SKW version is simply the best. It would have been great to see it also on former TSW2 routes in timetable mode. Last but not least the RHTT is also something special or unique. Of course there are already so many Class66 versions in the game, but on this new dirty version, the spec map with the clean and still damp-looking spray points on the tank really stand out. I still have to take a good look at the supplied scenarios, but carry on. Better still more exclusive content than too much routes.

...then we can look forward to the next SOS DLC, the German BR52 steam loco, which is already being teased on posters in SKW and the Trainig Center! ;)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  23. marcsharp2

It is but it works if you press the dead man's pedal.

24. DaVeTheDaVer

DaVeTheDaVer Member

The specific scenario trophies for the 66 and the 182 not popping up for me. Someone else also have this Problem? The f7 trophie was working

25. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

What's wrong with the Class 66 DSD?

26. antony.henley

Nope they are all working for me on the PS4 version (using the PS5).

Hentis

27. Well apart from the spray (being looked at) on the rhtt, I'm pretty impressed, especially the weathering, I think the windows could do with some dirt.

Also the rf controller indicator lights don't work?

IMG-20221004-WA0005.jpeg

Nice looking engine.

The f7 looks magnificent.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Bradley

On Xbox when you activate DSD when it sounds and you press B it doesn’t cancel it, AWS works fine

• Like Like x 1
  29. antony.henley

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. DTG Matt

Ok flagged it up for the team, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  31. marcsharp2

On my PS5 if you press the circle button it doesn't acknowledge it. Physically pressing the pedal does though.

32. DTG Matt

Yep heard back from the team earlier they found and fixed it so that'll come in an update at some point, look out for it :)

Matt.

• Like Like x 4
  33. spicemaster

spicemaster Member

Absolutley poor show from DTG as per, another reason why I will not buy anything for TSW3 - whats the point, utter dissapointment.

34. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Man... I'm always here for more F7 and for the cost of a Big Mac (which lasts me about 4 seconds) it was an easy sell.
    I do wish we had some banking comm ability. Never thought I'd see more F7 though as I know CRR wasn't a high seller so I'll take what I can get. The livery is a beauty.
    On to the RHTT next!

35. Richard CZE

I bought the RHTT train because it is the first track maintenance train that was issued to TSW.

I've read that American railroads have similar trains to remove contamination from the tracks. Maybe it could be the next DLC.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

I remain disappointed that the new locos don’t add or sub into service mode in the Training Center. It’s a small thing, but it matters to me and I hope it’s not a sign of things to come for route DLCs.