Tsw: Introducing Hauptstrecke Rhein-ruhr!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

The fault in all of this is DTG and the staff.
    No one from DTG comes here to explain that they know the problem and will fix it.
    DTG comes here when they want to collect our money with a new DLC.
    If they communicated a little more, many posts here would not exist.
    I am more and more disappointed with their attitude towards their customers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Jeannot41

They don't say it, they don't communicate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Did that a long time ago. So much fresh air now :). Cheers

• Like Like x 4
  4. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I know it’s important but spamming everywhere is irritating and thanks guys for the tip

• Like Like x 4
  5. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

You can see the route stream here:

• Like Like x 1
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I don't think that I got anything wrong here. You were very clear - you hate PS4. And... you've just said it again. You can hate PS4 as much as you want, as you say. And you do. You hate PS4. You said it. Twice.

But TSW is sold on PS4.....!

If you get paid for content on TSW, then part of the money you get comes from PS4 sales, directly or not.

I just find it staggering that you can make audio for a product like TSW, and not just...... "take no interest" in how it performs on each platform..... but that you actively hate one of the platforms that is generating the most cash.

And it is important from a technical perspective. You earlier on said that PS4 was too loud for your personal preference. I take this to mean that you are talking about the gain, for various default sound level settings. Well guess what - maybe that is the problem with the DB BR 155....! Because I agree with you - the DB BR 155 is loud.... when it isn't in tunnels on RSN. I mean this seriously - I have to turn the volume down, just for that loco. Maybe if the gain of the active sound sources were tweaked down a bit, and/or moved around a bit, then UE would have half a chance of reproducing the sound with correct priority, and at a reasonable volume, as intended..... on PS4, and not cut out after sailing through the upper threshold.

I don't think you designed the DB BR 155. You made this clear in another thread. I suspect that you do know who designed it though (but that is a guess).

All I want to know is whether the DB BR 155 will be fixed, and when. If someone can give a date for the patch, and it's within a month, and then it gets fixed, then I will not mention the DB BR 155 again - other than to praise how extremely wonderful it is, in every other way.

But it is clear from what you have said about DTG - that this is a buck-passing, rock and hard place.... caught between two stools* kind of situation. We have a proverb: "Too many cooks spoil the broth" - and this is the problem with the German DLC. Too many cooks - and not enough tasters. There isn't enough tasting. Or testing.

-----------------------------------------
    ***I use the word "stools"..... um..... advisedly.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Well, if someone goes to him, as a paying customer, and says, "Hey Maik, your train is brilliant, but there's an issue on PS4 where the sound drops out under [some specific condition], can you fix it?", and he's already said (in the post above), "I am not able to test anything on PS4 and I don't know how this even works for DTG. So please, don't ask me about PS4 stuff anymore. I do have a PS4 Pro, and I hate it...", would you expect him to try and fix it, or would you expect him to expect someone else at DTG to fix it? As someone in the position of potentially being that paying customer, I'm not filled with confidence. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 7
  8. synthetic.angel

I know. I find it irritating that it is necessary, but unfortunately..... it is necessary. And important. I look forward to not having to mention the DB BR 155 (in a bad light), as soon as it gets fixed.

DTG could have fixed the DB BR 155 years ago. No matter how many times it gets reported, nobody fixes it. And this is not because the developers do not care. It's because there is hatred for the PS4... Hatred....! ;-O

And they continue to churn out DLC, and sell it on PS4, and now we know that some of the people involved in making German DLC for TSW actively hate the PS4. Like - what has PS4 ever done to them...? Did a giant PS4 creep into their bedroom late at night and steal their favourite cuddly toy...? It's completely and utterly bizarre.

• Like Like x 4
  9. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Time to invoke 'Ignore User' I feel.

• Like Like x 6
  10. synthetic.angel

Thank you. I much prefer this to an argument. People can choose to read whatever they want, or filter out stuff they don't want to see, if they like.

And anyway, DTG themselves have used the "Ignore Customer" button quite a lot. And in their Support Team office, the Left Mouse Buttons are all completely worn out, just because of this.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

You assume that, but you dont know it. So please stop guessing on that. What if i have done this for free, just for having a good 425 sound out to the folks? Did you ever thought about that possibility? No, you didnt.

And to be more clear, as you are not able to get things in the right place of your brain: i didnt said what you meant to read about my "i hate PS4" so let me be more presize. I meant the hardware, more presize the to loud cooler fan (yes, its a 1st series PS4 pro), not the plattform or even the audio that comes out of it. Hope that helps to understand my "hate" about PS4. Its simply to noisy when playing demanding games on it. I prefer to play on XBox because it is way more silent and does have bit more rendering power.

And to get bit more presize. When i say i cant test a not released DLC on PS4, then this means that i dont have a ps4 dev kit nor the needed account from Sony and i cant have it at least. So it is impossible to me to test it before release on PS4. That's other peoples work. And if you would know about UE4, you would know that it is even not really relevant for the part of work that i have done. Thats basically plattform independend. If i could test it on PS4, i would do it for sure. People who know my work for TS from th elast 8 years, could tell you about the quality i'm hunting for. You cant know it, as you are a PS4 player and there is no PS4 content from me out there yet. And the bit of sound for the 425 is not a measurement for it at least.

So, and now let us stop fighting please. I really do have other problems than defending myself against your weird opinions, guessings and assumptions aboz stuff you cant know.

• Like Like x 16
  12. synthetic.angel

I didn't say that you got paid for your content. I said "If you get paid....". Anyway... You have confirmed that you have done the audio for the 425 for this HRR DLC, and you have confimed that you have not tested that audio on the PS4, to see if it works on that platform. Thank you. That's all people needed to know, for now.

You can reduce (and maybe remove) fan noise on old PS4s by giving the insides a thorough clean, say, if the console has been stored in a very dusty cupboard. Or you could buy a new PS4... but there isn't any point if you won't use it to test TSW content.... maybe even years after publication. I understand, from what you have now said, that you still hate PS4 fans - but this hatred is just aimed at the "rotating" type...... ;-O

I am a PC user on both TSW and TS2020 (as well as PS4 for TSW), and I suspect that there is a pretty good chance that I have bought some of the stuff that you worked on, as I have acquired an extensive collection of TS2020 content. If you made all of this content for free..... out of the kindness of your heart, then I warmly thank you for it...... If.

I am very content to not be involved in an argument. I am waiting for the DB BR 155 to be fixed, or withdrawn from sale, or described as "broken" on the PlayStation Store. Or... I would be happy with any sort of an update on progress towards the patch. I will periodically ask for an update, in any thread that seems relevant, or mention the outstanding issue. A thread for new German DLC, is a highly relevant thread. It's interesting to discover how new DLC is.... um... handled.... So thank you again.

My default position (as a personal belief), with new German DLC, is to now consider it all to be untested by the developers, on PS4. My recommendation, therefore, is that nobody with a PS4 should buy German DLC content for TSW. I would be immensely grateful if anyone tasked with testing the DB BR 155, on RSN, on PS4, could explain just how many seconds of testing they did. If I like the look of future German DLC (much of which is fantastically well-built), then in future I will buy it for my PC version of TSW, and absolutely not for the PS4. I think that there is a chance that DLC will get tested for use on PC.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Maik Goltz

It seems i talked Chinese, that you dindt understand at all, and you just interpret something usefull for you into it. Forgive me please, that i'm so dumb to try to describe soemthing you simply dont understand and that i now finally use the ignore function to not need to read anything you post anymore.

*Mamamia, was ein nerviger Typ das ist*

• Like Like x 16
  14. Factor41

All bickering aside, I would suggest that if that is the case, and DTG are actively promoting the fact that you've done work on the 425 in a bid to portray the quality involved, you really should renegotiate your deal with them – at least for a percentage of profits – so that the development of DLC is sustainable for you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm really in 2 minds about this one. On one hand it looks beautiful, the 425 looks and sounds amazing. has plenty of AI traffic (esp if you own all the previous German DLC), multiple tracks for parallel 'racetrack' running etc....but on the other hand, goddamm is this one small route.

Case in point, Matt and Dmitri were able to run the entire route back and forth via both paths (S-bahn & Regional) over the course of the stream with time to spare at the end wondering what to do next

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

If I was a German railroading fan (like my brother) then I'd seriously consider this route. As I'm not, I might look to getting it when it's on sale / in a bundle but I'll have to see what happens there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Has anyone said what Maik's input was? If it's recording the sounds and getting them into a useable format to be put into the game that's one thing. If it's scripting and testing the actual implementation on all formats that's another.

I find personal attacks on people distasteful no matter what, especially those who are trying to make content better.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

You always are.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Factor41

It wasn't a personal attack - I've said before that I've heard good things about his work and I'm keen to see what he brings to the table in TSW. I'm just concerned as a paying customer that DTG are still treating this as something of a hobby project and if Maik has not been paid for his input (as he's implied in his post) then he would have no reason to not treat it as a hobby project, regardless of how high his quality aims are.

I know everyone's sick to death of hearing about the 155 from Mr Angel's posts, but the cost of entry to that DLC is the base game + RSN + loco DLC. In full-price, non-sale form, that's £24.99 + £24.99 + £11.49 = £61.47 and that's a lot of cash to spend to drive a virtual train along a virtual railway line on your PS4 and have the sound drop out at every single tunnel on the route. Sixty quid and it has a very obvious bug which has been highlighted and remains unfixed a whole year after its release. If the guy responsible for the sound on the new route is telling us that he doesn't have a PS4 dev kit and can't physically test for such errors, it would be nice for someone from DTG to let us know that they're handling it, testing it on all platforms, and that they're handling the 155 and they will deliver a fix for it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You're no the only person who made comments....

I get your concerns, just not sure if they're aimed at the right person or people. "providing sounds" is different to doing scripting and ensuring ambience works as it should on all platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Jeannot41

Yes I still am, unlike you, who is 100% satisfied with what DTG does.
    You are the perfect customer.

• Like Like x 7
  22. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

By taking a look at the latest German route releases and being familiar with the NRW area, plus after checking the rail network map, I can't help but wonder: Is Dovetail creating ruhr area network? Especially as after this one is released...
    Hagen is extremely close to Bochum, let's just say that. So... Next German DLC...
    In other words, three current NRW routes could be connected (once they figure out how and other logistics), we could have a nice network between Finnentrop, Duisburg and Wuppertal via Hagen.

Please make that happen DTG ;)

• Like Like x 3
  23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm still not sure about purchasing this route, primarily because it involves passenger traffic exclusively except for the repetitive freight activities I could run on it because I already own another German freight route. The pre-release discount only makes a $3 difference, which isn't much of an incentive. I have it on my wish list, but may even cancel even that.

• Like Like x 3
  24. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I believe Linus Follert recorded the sounds, and Maik did the actual implementation into the game. He's a bit like Ed Fisk who did the audio setup on the 33 and 45, as well as the Caltrain cab car I think. Still, it's not his job to test the thing fully - that's the job of the beta team, who then report issues and he gets to fix them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. Maik Goltz

That's basically right, but of course i test every bit of my work before it gets out to anywhere. I ever have done that. Today i already changed again the doors beeping sound and the open close sounds as this was a major claim while the live stream on friday. And changed a nother bit that no one was looking at anyways. So yeah, i do my work as best as i can. But i cant test my work for consoles. That's the job of DTG itself. They do test it on consoles for sure, no matter what someone here on the forums may think about what i said ^^.

• Like Like x 12
  26. Factor41

Not wishing to sound super pessimistic, since there's nothing to suggest there would even be any issue of this type (and yes, we know the 155 is somebody else's baby), but I do wonder how you'd go about fixing an issue such as the 155 audio bug if it only occurs on PS4 and the person tasked with fixing it doesn't have a PS4 devkit. The fact that the bug has been regularly spotted in the wild for almost 12 months, but nobody at DTG has tracked or trapped it, makes you wonder...

• Like Like x 2
  27. synthetic.angel

I agree with you - personal attacks are unacceptable. Speaking for myself only..... I can say that I did not question anyone's intelligence, or the proper functioning of anyone's brain, or make assumptions about what someone thinks, or call anyone any horrible names. I tend to "play the ball", and not the "person". When you see anyone only "play the person", then you know that is someone that is admitting that they have lost the argument. I did not respond to such personal attacks upon myself with personal attacks. Not my style - as it does not advance a solution to the problem. But it also doesn't stop me wanting a solution to the problem.

All I want to achieve is that I want to regain some confidence that DTG won't rip-off their customers with German DLC on PS4 - like they did (in my opinion) with the DB BR 155, which was (and still is) advertised as a specific loco for RSN on PS4, but it doesn't work on RSN on PS4.

I do not know precisely who was responsible for testing the DB BR 155 on PS4. Or even if anyone was responsible at all (which is actually my suspicion - that there were no PS4 tests at all). Also - I don't really care about the specific "who"..... The PlayStation Store implies the DB BR 155 is content that is produced and sold by DTG - so my views regard actions (or inactions) carried out by DTG.

As an aside: I actually have quite a lot of respect for Maik...... - if he did the audio for the 425 on TS2020, then I can say that it sounds really quite nice - very immersive. But... I'd go further. When Maik saw me posting about the DB BR 155 a few days ago..... he actually then bought a copy of the PS4 version of the 155, and possibly RSN and the TSW game itself - and installed it on his own PS4 - and he tested it, and he made it clear that the fault was unacceptable, and it did not meet his quality standard..... He spent his personal time and money to have a look at the problem out of personal interest. And that is quite cool - and I am thankful to him for doing this. But Maik doesn't have the power to make any changes to the DB BR 155, as it is not his work. I therefore have absolutely no argument with Maik. None at all. I am genuinely grateful to him. I don't worship him, but I think he is probably quite a clever, hard-working, helpful and funny guy, and I suspect that he is just as frustrated with DTG about the DB BR 155, because unfortunately the DTG process could have negative impacts on his work, voluntary or not (and to be clear....not including the DB BR 155).

My issue is with the process used by DTG, that led to a premium-priced DLC being sold on PS4 in a state that was completely unfit for purpose. This is presumably the same process that is used for production of all German DLC that gets sold on the PS4 - and this is a process that doesn't work fairly for customers. And with respect to this HRR DLC - it is clear that the maker of the audio for the 425 on the HRR DLC did not test the audio on PS4 - he has said that he doesn't have the kit to do it. This might not be Maik's responsibility - but there is still no indication whether anyone else has tested the HRR DLC on PS4, at all, even for a few seconds.

Also - we know that reporting the broken DB BR 155 via the Support System doesn't achieve anything, or at least, it has achieved nothing for years. So if this new HRR DLC turns out to be broken on PS4, then it is not clear that anyone will ever do anything about fixing it. And this is compounded by the (inaccurate) perception that PlayStation do not give refunds - so perhaps there is no motivation to fix issues on PS4. And that is a problem.

So - I re-iterate - if you play TSW on PS4, then you should exercise extreme caution when thinking about buying this HRR DLC. And this applies to all German DLC content for PS4, until the DB BR 155 is fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction. Glad to see you're putting in this much work, and I am definitely looking forward to getting my hands on the 425!

• Like Like x 3
  29. Lombra

Lombra Well-Known Member

Maybe I've missed something, but is it a fact that he is tasked with fixing it? Where did you get that from?

• Like Like x 1
  30. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Is it possible for you to modify the 422 sounds before release?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Maik Goltz

No, not really. I can't touch things as i want to. If there is no "order" to do so, i dont touch anything that i'm not working on.

• Like Like x 2
  32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Matt did mention in the live stream that, along with sharing assets between the routes, one reason for doing the routes so close to each other is that it presents the opportunity to possibly link them in the future if that becomes desirable and doable.

• Like Like x 2
  33. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Well the most obvious is RRO and RSN

• Like Like x 2
  34. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

LIRR & NEC also springs to mind

• Like Like x 4
  35. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

dont forget as well as the BR 155 needs fixing the Class 47 on ps4 needs fixing as well. it cant pull the skin off a rice pudding

• Like Like x 2
  36. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah the 47 is a snail even downhill

• Like Like x 3
  37. Factor41

Honestly, nothing is certain where TSW is involved! I'm wondering aloud, based on logic and how I'd expect things to work. If I'd done a bit of work on a project and it went off to beta testers and they found out that it didn't work under a specific condition, I imagine they'd come back to me to try and fix it. If I was testing, I'd assume that the person who did the work would be best placed to fix any bugs since they know it inside out. The testers at DTG might have a different process. Half the problem is that we have no idea what that process might be.

Somebody made the 155 and allegedly DTG would have given it to beta testers to test on every platform. It would have been very clear from any single run on any service on the route it was specifically designed for that there was a very major, easily reproducible fault with it on PS4. Whatever process was then supposed to take place – whether that was internally with DTG, with the person who "did the sounds", or with a specific bug fixing team – that bug was never fixed. Furthermore, a year down the line, it still hasn't been fixed. My suspicion would be that the team responsible for building the DLC would be the people that the beta testers would push back to first and if that team are in the position where they simply don't have the kit to reproduce the fault on a platform they don't normally use, what happens next? "Unable to reproduce", ticket closed? Green light for release?

I'm not trying to single anyone out here, I just want to know as a paying customer, that there's a process in place to fix issues that arise before I spend any more cash on DLC. Testing stuff on every platform is a good start, but you actually have to fix the problems the testers find. There's very good evidence that that isn't happening.

• Like Like x 6
  38. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I remember from the original TSW CSXHH vids that DTG allowed customers to beta test the product before release. Then customers would give feedback on what is great and what needs to be fixed. Apparently, DTG did listen to customers back then. Why can’t DTG do that now? Is it that they’ve become so lazy in the past years that now they won’t even bother to beta test any of their products, much less accept feedback after the dlc is released? Apparently this is the case for German dlc in TSW, especially on ps4. Me personally, I don’t play on ps4, I play on Xbox, but it’s still a console. I have found multiple glitches in the past with TSW on Xbox, so synthetic.angel, ur not alone. The fact of the DB BR 155 not yet fixed on RSN for ps4 leads me to the conclusion that DTG doesn’t test their products on any console at all. Assuming they test it on PC, since clearly in every stream they showcase the product using a PC, so if DTG doesn’t test anything on any console at all, it makes sense for the BR 155 to be broken on PS4, assuming they don’t test in on Xbox either, maybe it’s broken on Xbox too?

• Like Like x 3
  39. Anthony Pecoraro

They still do.

• Like Like x 1
  40. synthetic.angel

I sometimes get the impression that the beta testers are the people that buy the DLC, play the DLC, and report the bugs on the Forum. And if the bug is one that appears on the PC, then DTG might fix it. If it is on PS4 or XBox, then it's just one big "Facebook Off....!" ........to the console customers - as fixing stuff for XBox and PS4 doesn't impact on anyone's enjoyment of the TSW game in the DTG offices - so why bother...? The cash from DLC sold on consoles still rolls in... and the port to PS4 is dead easy - almost requiring zero effort (which is very close to the amount of effort that DTG actually appear to put in).

I can't really speak for XBox though, to be honest. But I can say that when the issues with the Class 47 were raised for both XBox and PS4, that the answer was something like "Yes - that's a problem with the consoles. If you want a working Class 47, then you can get one on PC - it works fine on PC. I've checked it on PC, and on PC it is absolutely fine." The answer wasn't "Yes, that's a problem with the defective way we ported the content from PC to console, because we didn't bother to test it properly, and, um... we might never fix it for the consoles, but we are going to continue to sell it, even though we know it is broken". It's a cultural thing, and as we know, some developers hate turning on their PS4 - they are too loud apparently.... and some of the devs don't have the kit to test the DLC anyway.

So - I re-iterate... The DB BR 155 DLC is marketed on PlayStation Store as being "iconic". And "iconic" usually means the best representative example from a group. And the DB BR 155 does not work on RSN on PS4 - so there is no reason to believe that any German DLC will ever work on PS4.

The HRR DLC described in this thread could be completely and utterly broken on PS4, and nobody will know until someone buys it, and tests it. And if it is broken, then it might never get fixed, just like the DB BR 155 - because it would be just too much hassle to bear the noise that comes out of PS4 fans***.

I am fairly confident that the HRR route will work on PC - at least for some parts, because this was demonstrated live on the interwebs, and even DTG can't be daft enough to break something that they have demonstrated to be in a working condition... surely....?

-----------------------
    ***NB: The rotating type of "fan", for controlling air flow, and used for cooling purposes.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  41. Jeannot41

Anthony, how do you explain then it's problems on PS4?
    They don't care about their customers?

• Like Like x 3
  42. Jeannot41

This afternoon, update of 320.3 Mb, and no information from DTG.
    Instead of arguing, they better come to their official forum.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Anthony Pecoraro

Yes they do.

• Like Like x 2
  44. synthetic.angel

The update is for the new DLC prep. And the 320 Mb will probably be a file swap for a bug fix for the Baby Bullet, and to some of the DLC progress reporting to the UI, which they have described as "Core", as below:

--------------------
    Core:
    · Resolved an issue whereby completed add-on scenarios and services were not being shown correctly in the completion status UI.
    Baby Bullet:
    · Resolved an issue whereby the 217 San Jose Diridon - San Francisco could become blocked for completion.
    --------------------

But I would be willing to bet $100 that either the new Caltrain switcher, and/or the new HRR route will have problems counting the scenarios completed - and that the UI counting is not a "Core" issue that has been fixed globally, but rather a poorly implemented set of counting rules for each DLC. (NB: I could be wrong about this - it's just a hunch...).

But you are right - no word on the DB BR 155.

• Like Like x 1
  45. synthetic.angel

They care about the money.

If DTG cared about their customers on PS4, then they would email Sony and ask them to provide an immediate refund to every single account that purchased the DB BR 155 on PS4.

Or they would fix the DB BR 155, or in the very least they would give a planned date for the patch.

Or they would withdraw the DB BR 155 from sale to stop damaging future customers.

Or they would properly describe the DB BR 155 on PlayStation Store as being "broken", with no date planned for a patch..

They just care about the money. And people will buy stuff on PS4, even if it is broken, because not everyone on PS4 sees these Forums, so not everyone knows what they are getting. And they are getting ripped off, whenever they buy German DLC for PS4.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Factor41

I raised a ticket for the DB BR 155 audio bug, just in case everyone at DTG had somehow missed your posts on here and everyone else was so disillusioned with the ticket process that they hadn't bothered to raise one.

They said...
    Soooo, yes. Somebody has already told them about that. They know. They are aware. Nothing else to report.

• Like Like x 2
  47. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

That won't stop him spamming these forums about it in every single post he makes though.

I'm sure he is typing up his usual journal length reply as we speak

• Like Like x 7
  48. Factor41

I fairness to him, there's a pretty obvious way they could stop the complaints... :)

• Like Like x 3
  49. smash_cze

smash_cze Member

Oh! A new DLC will be here! What a surprise!
    Seriously... I am not sure if i will buy it. Probably not.
    When i have bought TSW some years ago (together with TS) i have started to collect all the locomotives and routes from that time. That was not cheap but i am really big railway fan and really big fan of train simulations too. Years ago i have registered many bugs that time in this sim. I was hoping that these will be repaired in the future soon...
    I wanted to support DTG in their business non-stop. But....
    I decided to not to purchase Wuppertal.... That route seemed to me a little bit short and with no much innovations. I was looking forward to Canada route. I wrote to forum my feeling that this is not too long. Somebody was angry to me because this route should be about switching with large harbor railway network.... I thougt ok - i am too much critic... I decided to wait how this DLC will be... and.... result was and is - this DLC is unfinished so much. Only small part of harbor is accessible. OK this is another one route which i don't own. There was one apology from Dmitry. So i hoped they will do something and i will buy it later.... Lol... Only one thing changed - propagation video has been removed.... :-(

Instead of reparation there is new DLC incomig with ubelievable 10% discount.... I have bought Baby Bullet rather (which is good BTW)

Dear DTG... i am not glad to be saying it. But your DLCs are getting worse and worse. Another german route? Another recycled locos? (i know german content is good quality but... Where is something new? Where is at least one steam loco? Where is some expansion for some existing track with possibility to do switching? Where are at least some sidings on existing routes? And finally... where is promised editor - or at least simple scenario editor to alow us to have real sandbox??? Where is support for raildriver or at least for TrackIR without 3rd party solutions? I will answer quickly... NOWHERE!

DTG... your behavior is getting really ugly. And i must say... me as a programmer I would be ashamed to sell any software so buggy and unfinished like your is! Simply my customers will not pay for it to me... And you are producing more and more DLCs with bugs for price like for separate game which is almost without bugs and polished...

And to the bugs... I don't want to post large buglists of TSW here. I don't want to be putting them together because it is not possible. I love trains so i played Tees valley passenger service with Gargoyle some minutes ago. I wanted to feel like real loco driver... but it was not possible to turn any lights on... until game restart... why?

And what about really old bugs covered with dust?

- why the cameras are so stupid? Why i must look on end of train after pressing 2 or 3 when i want to look.
    - why the external camera looks on back of my locomotive and very often from the bush? Why i cant set it like i want?
    - where is some basic description about load weight?
    - why the sounds of powerful diesel beasts are so ugly and quiet - like it is a broken moped.
    - why the horn is so quiet and why i cant hear it from 300 meters in external camera?
    - why i can't press space and N together to do nice well known sound of hooting english locos?
    - why the environment is so dead - why the cars are so stupid and their behavior is like in 20 years old game?
    - why the passengers are so dumb? Why they are they blocking themselves? Why they are sitting in the train in terminal station? Why their clothes don't respond to weather? They are happy in blizzard in their outfit. Their behavior is really annoying and why their behavior must spoil the feeling from gameplay?
    - and what about broken scenarios... do not try something other than the game is expecting... yuo will broke the script... fortunately you cant open window at least :) oh

I ll stop now because i could not be here whole night and name another bugs here. Yeah.. i have to play TS again instead of this nice looking but unfinished game. Because 3rd party devs are producing much more better content for TS than you for TSW and very often for free. But TS is ugly, slow also with good PC and old. But please check some works of real enthusiasts and learn from them.

Sorry people... i am really getting tired of DTG attitude. Too many annoying things in this game. Getting tired with all the neverending bugs and unfinished work.
    This sim is most buggy and unfinished software for which i have payed so much money. Maybe rename it to Unfinished bug sim world...
    Please release some service pack and i will pay for it... I promise!

I still believe that DTG will think about themselves and they will start to be here for their devoted fans whose are paying for their good work again. They did a lot of work but they should do little bit more.... I would pay for quality rather than for quantity...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 11
  50. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

The new core update includes a new background for tsw.

• Like Like x 1